sudden massive increase on UDP prices

11 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

You wouldn't get the free lunches, 45% off wine, the discount on the Captain's table and you might be limited to 1 restaurant per night.

3 Night Package does include the Discount on the Wine and the discount on the Captains table.

Not sure how many dinners I can eat in one night but not enough to cover the price difference.

Screenshot-2022-10-20-172633.png

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

3 Night Package does include the Discount on the Wine and the discount on the Captains table.

Not sure how many dinners I can eat in one night but not enough to cover the price difference.

OK wrong again. Except for the sea day lunches.  I wonder if it will let you purchase two, or will stop you because you have already purchased it.

12 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

I just noticed that if you go to an a la carte venue, you only get $20 credit.  Unless you can go to more than 1 venue a day, that ruins the value.

1 minute ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Same language as on the Unlimited:

Screenshot 2022-10-20 173622.png

But you can go to an unlimited number of venues each day/night.  I often eat an early dinner and then go to Geovanni's table for the grown-up launchable (chartur, chertr...meat and cheese board) or get some sushi.  I haven't added playmakers into the mix yet.

1 minute ago, MrMarc said:

But you can go to an unlimited number of venues each day/night.  I often eat an early dinner and then go to Geovanni's table for the grown-up launchable (chartur, chertr...meat and cheese board) or get some sushi.  I haven't added playmakers into the mix yet.

I'm impressed.  I'd like to try but no way my wife would go for 2 dinners much less after lunch at Chop's or Giovanni's.

I think I found a good compromise.   3 Day package for Chops, Teppanyaki and Wonderland and I booked Izumi for $28 and Giovanni's for $41.    We'll eat in the MDR for the two formal nights and get steak and lobster (second night).     The total is $184 per person vs $299.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I was going to say the same thing.  

It’s blindingly obvious to me that Royal are just following the standard practice in retail of raising prices before a sale to make the sale look better than it is, when in reality the sale price is the normal price.

And it’ll work - look out for all the gleeful posts next month saying “my UDP just came down $100!”

I very much doubt we’ll see any genuine bargains around Black Friday this year. Higher prices for everything are here to stay.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 2

Black Friday is a month from now. Higher prices for 4 weeks seems a bit much just to trick people into thinking they are getting a sale price during a Black Friday sale. I mean they could manage that with just a price jump for two weeks or so. I know some of us watch prices like a hawk, but many other, like casual cruisers, aren't that attentive. Plus, it's a bit of a turnoff to see higher prices posted for so long. (A month just seems long to me since I check prices daily, lol)  I understand  that people that dont know any better will buy at the higher posted prices for that long timeframe (if the prices indeed stay higher from now until then.) 🙁🤔🤨👎 Its just boring and feels like it will drag out the planning experience. That's not fun, lol. I love planning for my cruises. That process is as fun for me as being on the actual cruise 😁

This is why you should take advantage of any discount offers RCCL sends out as early as you can after you book.  Days of waiting for lower prices is probably over.  And if you see an offer later on that does have a lower price you can cancel your current one and rebook.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Welcome back to the inflation of the 1970's.:classic_sad:

But it's not all bad, also coming back are bellbottom jeans, corduroy, platform shoes, leisure suits and Hot Pants! 🥳 

I wonder if my white leisure suit stills fits? 🤔

Make sure you accompany that leisure suit with a nice big wide tie 😉.

11 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Make sure you accompany that leisure suit with a nice big wide tie 😉.

The shirt that go with the leisure suit has no tie but it will be unbuttoned down to my navel!

27 Snip snip ideas | mullet hairstyle, mullet haircut, hair styles

(Psst. That was never me. Imagine Elmer Fudd in a white disco leisure suit. 😁)

5 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

The shirt that go with the leisure suit has no tie but it will be unbuttoned down to my navel!

That could also qualify as a "Sun Jacket" on the upper decks in the afternoon. You will be getting all of the attention as you strut by to the music of "Night Fever." 🤩

The 7-day UDP on my upcoming symphony cruise has been back-and-forth between $207.99 and $219.99 for the last 6 months. The 3-day has been steady at $101.99 for the last 6 months.

As of yesterday, the 7 day UDP is currently listed at its higher price of $219.99, but the 3 day has now jumped to $112.99, which is the first time it's gone up in price.

I'm wondering if less people purchase the UDP on holiday cruises because they travel in larger family groups, and it's harder to get everyone to agree to purchase the UDP, and harder to coordinate reservation times for so many people.

The reason I'm thinking this is because I originally expected to see the UDP sell out, or sell for a lot more money as the cruise got closer, but it's often showing the lower of the price ranges, and hasn't sold out yet. The cruise is less than 30 days away.

6 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The 7-day UDP on my upcoming symphony cruise has been back-and-forth between $207.99 and $219.99 for the last 6 months. The 3-day has been steady at $101.99 for the last 6 months.

As of yesterday, the 7 day UDP is currently listed at its higher price of $219.99, but the 3 day has now jumped to $112.99, which is the first time it's gone up in price.

I'm wondering if less people purchase the UDP on holiday cruises because they travel in larger family groups, and it's harder to get everyone to agree to purchase the UDP, and harder to coordinate reservation times for so many people.

The reason I'm thinking this is because I originally expected to see the UDP sell out, or sell for a lot more money as the cruise got closer, but it's often showing the lower of the price ranges, and hasn't sold out yet. The cruise is less than 30 days away.

Hi, These are the same prices for my early December, non-holiday, cruise on Symphony. I check every day also. And it's been the same price pattern that you mentioned. I've been seeing $101 and $207 for months without any change. So, the little bump up in price this week was interesting. I will continue watching daily to see what happens. We check in next week. I'm curious to see what happens right after check in (like will prices stay the same, go up, or drop.) Its an interesting process. It will be interesting if prices will keep sitting here at this new little increased rate a full month until Black Friday, IF that's the plan. 

• Like 1

My most likely unpopular opinion on UDP pricing. I am sure RCL wants a certain percentage of speciality seating set aside for a la carte (premium) pricing. On my last few cruises, getting an a la carte reservation after the first day was difficult at best. So I think the pricing increase is both to increase profit but also take demand down for the UDP slightly as well.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 11:26 AM, DirtyDawg said:

Not far from what Leif Garrett looks like now.

35 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Not far from what Leif Garrett looks like now.

I always felt sorry for those good looking 'Cool' kids in High School because you just knew some of them would not age gracefully. The best thing about being born looking like Elmar Fudd is there is nowhere to go but up! 

OK. OK. in some cases only a teeny-weeny little bit up.  😁