Here it comes- kind of an Infinty review that turned into a little Homage for the M- Class ships.

Germancruiser

3 hours ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Happy to hear the beds are new. Can anyone confirm the furnitures in the room? I meant the sofa. Are they brand new as well?

Unfortunately, the bed in our cabin wasn't comfy and clearly needed to be replaced. The couch in our room also need replacement, but dresser, closets, and bathroom were all fine. There was a rather noticeable round rust stain, maybe 2ft diameter on our balcony. It made me wonder why someone didn't slap a coat of paint to cover that up. We also saw carpet replacement taking place in some of the cabins on our deck. All the common areas looked fine though. We had been on the Summit 6-weeks prior to our Infinity cruise and did comment that the refurbished Summit had much brighter common areas, likely because of the renewed furniture in these locations. However, the aging of the Infinity didn't dampen our enthusiasm for this ship. In fact, we'll be sailing back on the Infinity is a few short months. 

• Like 1

I was also told the beds have been replaced also because the Infinity was the ship where all infected staff members were brought to. Sofa- well- quite honestly- I did not sit on it for a single minute- so I can´t tell about that.

I would sail the Edgeized Millenium or Summit - but unfortunatly they are sailing not in " my waters" , so to speak.

On 11/10/2022 at 8:33 PM, Germancruiser said:

I was also told the beds have been replaced also because the Infinity was the ship where all infected staff members were brought to.

Sofa- well- quite honestly- I did not sit on it for a single minute- so I can´t tell about that.

I would sail the Edgeized Millenium or Summit - but unfortunatly they are sailing not in " my waters" , so to speak.

so that would mean they are replacing all the couches and sofas in the common areas if they are replacing beds because of infected crew all over the place?

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 1:07 AM, Germancruiser said:

Is the entrance of Tuscan on board Summit in different location than on board Infinity? I always thought on the other side of the restaurant was the galley?

Yes, Tuscan's entrance on Summit is right by where the kitchen is.  On Infinity, the deck plans show the entrance still where it was when the US United States was in that space.  

• Thanks 1

We love the M class ships, we especially like the Rendezvous lounge for a before dinner drink.  It is much more comfortable than the Passport bar, which is our before dinner option with music on S class. 

On a recent Summit cruise, we had a tour of the Penthouse and OMG it was beyond anything I had imagined with the giant deck and big view tub in the master bath.  What a WOW.

My only slight negative was the Tuscan Location.  We love the Aft sea views from the Tuscan on the S class ships.  We also had a less than stellar experience at the Elite Coffee event in the Summit Tuscan.  We came in about 20 minutes prior to closing.  No one wanted to serve us, they were all setting up tables very busily trying to wait each other out.  Finally the Captains Club hostess saw we had not be served and directed a server to us.  Then it was, "'we have no Espresso machine so we have to go upstairs to get Cappuccino"??  Hard to believe that this Tuscan doesn't have an Espresso machine and even harder to believe that the Elite Coffee was held in a venue event without an Espresso machine.  The cold items we ordered was warm room temp and dried out  like it had been sitting on the counter for hours.  Even the smoothie was melted.  There must have not been a cold prep area in this Tuscan either.  Anyway this was the only instance of weird service we experienced the entire cruise, the crew in every other venue seemed eager to serve and friendly.  This may have been a one off (with hidden issues but it looked like there was plenty of staff) but we did not go back to another Elite Coffee house the entire 12 day cruise.  We loved going to the Elite coffee on our Reflection Trans Atlantic in the spring but it was a different venue and a different experience altogether.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

We love the M class ships, we especially like the Rendezvous lounge for a before dinner drink.  It is much more comfortable than the Passport bar, which is our before dinner option with music on S class. 

On a recent Summit cruise, we had a tour of the Penthouse and OMG it was beyond anything I had imagined with the giant deck and big view tub in the master bath.  What a WOW.

My only slight negative was the Tuscan Location.  We love the Aft sea views from the Tuscan on the S class ships.  We also had a less than stellar experience at the Elite Coffee event in the Summit Tuscan.  We came in about 20 minutes prior to closing.  No one wanted to serve us, they were all setting up tables very busily trying to wait each other out.  Finally the Captains Club hostess saw we had not be served and directed a server to us.  Then it was, "'we have no Espresso machine so we have to go upstairs to get Cappuccino"??  Hard to believe that this Tuscan doesn't have an Espresso machine and even harder to believe that the Elite Coffee was held in a venue event without an Espresso machine.  The cold items we ordered was warm room temp and dried out  like it had been sitting on the counter for hours.  Even the smoothie was melted.  There must have not been a cold prep area in this Tuscan either.  Anyway this was the only instance of weird service we experienced the entire cruise, the crew in every other venue seemed eager to serve and friendly.  This may have been a one off (with hidden issues but it looked like there was plenty of staff) but we did not go back to another Elite Coffee house the entire 12 day cruise.  We loved going to the Elite coffee on our Reflection Trans Atlantic in the spring but it was a different venue and a different experience altogether.

I've taken note of this.  We often enjoy going to the elite breakfast for a smoothie or a mimosa after having breakfast in the dining room.  We prefer a hot breakfast but do love our smoothies.   We will be on Milli this coming spring and hope we do not have a similar experience. 

I agree 100% that the best thing about the elite breakfast on the S Class is the venue and it's location. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

With having the drink package we don’t even go to Elite breakfast anymore

A bit to quiet in there 

Even when we sail in suites with the deluxe beverage package, we still stop by the Elite breakfast occasionally. 

The peace and quite combined with a view of the wake is what attracts us to it. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:43 PM, kathynorth said:

Unfortunately, the bed in our cabin wasn't comfy and clearly needed to be replaced. The couch in our room also need replacement, but dresser, closets, and bathroom were all fine. There was a rather noticeable round rust stain, maybe 2ft diameter on our balcony. It made me wonder why someone didn't slap a coat of paint to cover that up. We also saw carpet replacement taking place in some of the cabins on our deck. All the common areas looked fine though. We had been on the Summit 6-weeks prior to our Infinity cruise and did comment that the refurbished Summit had much brighter common areas, likely because of the renewed furniture in these locations. However, the aging of the Infinity didn't dampen our enthusiasm for this ship. In fact, we'll be sailing back on the Infinity is a few short months. 

Ah that's too bad.  We set sail Nov 28, doubt if they will make any new changes.  I was hoping for a comfy bed though.    

1 minute ago, FeelingCruisy said:

Ah that's too bad.  We set sail Nov 28, doubt if they will make any new changes.  I was hoping for a comfy bed though.    

Lots of people are reporting comfy beds on the Infinity. Maybe they just didn't get to our cabin yet. We did see them changing the carpets down the hall from us. Hopefully they are doing full room make overs as they go. We'll be back on Infinity in Feb, so maybe you can give us an update. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Lots of people are reporting comfy beds on the Infinity. Maybe they just didn't get to our cabin yet. We did see them changing the carpets down the hall from us. Hopefully they are doing full room make overs as they go. We'll be back on Infinity in Feb, so maybe you can give us an update. 

What room were you in? 

3 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Absolutely 

In regards to the comments that people like the Tuscan Grille location on S class vs M class because of the aft views of the wake, I understand. However I much prefer the M class location because that allows the MDR to have the aft view. 

• Like 1

I have to agree- even though Milli Class ships are and ever will be my favorite class of X- Ships, the location of Tuscany on board the S- Class is hard to beat!

The Elite breakfast comes esp. in handy on Transatlantic- when I just want a small breakfast- due to sleeping in and waiting for Lunch. Great nice relaxed place to start the day.

I also loved to sit there on board Millenium when it had still this georgous Olympic Restaurant. So classy!