Here it comes- kind of an Infinty review that turned into a little Homage for the M- Class ships.

Germancruiser

My wife and I prefer M and S Class ships as well.  Our last cruise was on Apex and while the ship is amazing, we never once felt like we were on a cruise.  We felt like we were at a resort.  One of the major reasons we cruise is that connection to the ocean.  That connection simply does not exist on the Apex.  Another reason we like Celebrity is the Suite experience.  On M and S Class ships the experience is intimate and personal.  There are so many suites on the Edge class ships that Luminae is more like the main dining room then a intimate quiet place to have a relaxing dinner.  The Retreat Lounge is nothing like Michael's Club. On day one in the Retreat Lounge I was served a cocktail that was so poorly made that I couldn't drink it.  We never went back.  The Retreat sundeck was so crowded that we couldn't find a lounger on an at sea day.  Yet, we had no issues finding two right by the pool. 

Thank you for your review.  We decided at the last minute to spend Thanksgiving this year on Infinity.  After reading your review, I am glad we made that decision and in my mind I will take a little bit of rust over the Edge class experience any day.   

• Like 5

Exactly why Apex- Edge Class - is not made for me. I , too, love to be connected to the sea, when on board a ship. I want to see the sea- I want to " feel" the sea...!

Most lounges- okay- to be fair- many lounges are indoors, without even a window.

So I keep fingers crossed that X- sticks to M- Class ships for a few more years, before they go either to the scrappers or sold to " Cheap- Cruise Lines"!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Infinity and the Constellation have not been renovated yet to accommodate suites 

Some of the S-class ships have also been renovated like the Summit so you have to check the deck plan also 

A class ship? Or do you mean E-class, a lot of area is cordoned off for the suites 

Apparently yes.  I meant E class for Edge.  Thanks  for catching that.  

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 12:40 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

Sailed on M class ships since 2004.  Deck 10 aft is, and has always been AFAIK, the bar outside the OceanView buffet.  Not a walking track.

There are still meeting rooms on deck 3, perhaps a bit smaller but definitely still there.  On Summit and Infinity, Tuscan Grill has been added where there had previously been storage/kitchen.  The plant conservatory, pretty but severely underused, is a specialty restaurant.

You are correct.  It is deck 11 where they deleted a large portion of the jogging track to add more cabins including the aft facing cabins on deck 11.  

Tuscan grill is now where there use to be another restaurant.  On Infinity (M class) it was called, I think, the US United States.  It was a great relaxing restaurant with great service.  Interesting, the entrance to Tuscan Grill on Summit is located on the opposite end of the old restaurant compared Infinity's entrance of The Tuscan Grill. Also on Summit they eliminated the small private dining room, made the whole dining area smaller and  added more cabins,  On Infinity this has not happened (yet?)

As is the case, most of the time, each ship seems to be in a different phase of undating/upgrading.  

4 hours ago, rvlandandsea said:

Boarding Infinity Saturday. We love this ship. Did South America and Alaska aboard.  Got lucky with our bid and got a Family aft cabin. 

You will enjoy that cabin location.  Are you on deck 7?  On M class ships, the aft facing cabins were tiered with deck 7 having a little larger veranda than 8 and 8 a little bigger than 9.  I would sail in any of the M class aft cabins on decks 7/8/9.  Would really love deck 6, but alas I do not stay in cabin enough to enjoy a suite, but would enjoy the balcony and hot tub.

Infinity was always our favorite M class ship, especially if the Thassotheropy pool in the Solarum was open/working. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

You will enjoy that cabin location.  Are you on deck 7?  On M class ships, the aft facing cabins were tiered with deck 7 having a little larger veranda than 8 and 8 a little bigger than 9.  I would sail in any of the M class aft cabins on decks 7/8/9.  Would really love deck 6, but alas I do not stay in cabin enough to enjoy a suite, but would enjoy the balcony and hot tub.

Infinity was always our favorite M class ship, especially if the Thassotheropy pool in the Solarum was open/working. 🙂

On deck 9, just a short run up to oceanview cafe to pick up drinks for the balcony.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:17 PM, Relaxinginthesun said:

My wife and I prefer M and S Class ships as well.  Our last cruise was on Apex and while the ship is amazing, we never once felt like we were on a cruise.  We felt like we were at a resort.  One of the major reasons we cruise is that connection to the ocean.  That connection simply does not exist on the Apex.  Another reason we like Celebrity is the Suite experience.  On M and S Class ships the experience is intimate and personal.  There are so many suites on the Edge class ships that Luminae is more like the main dining room then a intimate quiet place to have a relaxing dinner.  The Retreat Lounge is nothing like Michael's Club. On day one in the Retreat Lounge I was served a cocktail that was so poorly made that I couldn't drink it.  We never went back.  The Retreat sundeck was so crowded that we couldn't find a lounger on an at sea day.  Yet, we had no issues finding two right by the pool. 

Thank you for your review.  We decided at the last minute to spend Thanksgiving this year on Infinity.  After reading your review, I am glad we made that decision and in my mind I will take a little bit of rust over the Edge class experience any day.   

Well said.  We're looking forward to being back on the Infinity (also over t-giving) after most recently having been on the Edge.  We're not suite travelers though. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 12:28 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the review of Infinity.   I've not sailed her since the TA April 2019.  

I enjoy the M-Class ships but I believe the S-Class (with the exception of Reflection) to be my favorites.  This is mostly due to the Lawn Club and more selection of specialty dining.

I have sailed Summit an Millennium (post revolution) in m-class since resumption of cruising and was not disappointed.    I would sail Infinity and Constellation without hesitation.

Slightly off topic, but where does the Reflection lack compared to the other S-class?  Have been on Reflection 2x since the restart, and haven't been on the Silly or Equinox since 2017/2018, so the onboard differences are fading from my mind. 

On 10/27/2022 at 11:24 PM, Germancruiser said:

Oh I rather liked Little Petite Chef- fun when dining in a group or at least as couple. Alone- rather not.

The location of Qusine is terrible on board Infinity. It took the space formerly used either as flower shop or Sports Bar I can´t say which.

On 10/28/2022 at 6:09 AM, Miaminice said:

Even if you like LPC, it´s a one and done thing. 
We actually liked the location of Qsine on deck 11.
On Constellation, that´s where Tuscan is (Constellation).

I do wish Tuscan was up on 11 on all of the M-class ships (or perhaps that LPC was elsewhere).  Great location for dinner.  Last sat up there in Qsine on the Summit shortly before LPC was introduced on it. 

I'll be disembarking Constellation Sunday after 24 days.  Have decided I like good old M-class so much, I cancelled an upcoming 7-night Apex cruise for 10-nights on Connie for roughly the same price.  I miss Murano and Lawn Club, but I'll manage, especially since I found out this cruise I can get the Tuscan limoncello cheesecake gluten free. 🤗  Life is good. 🤓

• Like 3

We spent 21 nights on the Constellation in April and then 19 nights on the Beyond in June. Whilst there is no denying the Beyond is beautiful we enjoyed our time on the Constellation more. The service on the Constellation and overall friendliness of the crew was better. We also enjoyed the Refl cations and Rendevouz lounges on the M class ships. Many of the crew on the Beyond said they didn’t like the ship in particular the Martini Bar staff. 

On 10/26/2022 at 1:46 PM, gizmodog said:

I thank you so much for these reviews, we sailed the Infinity her second year and loved the aft rooms with the large balcony. We have not been on her in years and are

cruising in February 2023 to Antartica on her. I was so nervous about the shape she may be in and read some very negative reviews when her Caribbean days started this year.

thank you again for your reviews!

i'm also on the infinity Antarctica cruise in feb 2023 and also came here to read the review because i feared the ship being long in the tooth since it'll be 5yrs since last dry dock/refurb.
ie: how worn/soft/uncomfortable are the cabin beds?

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

i'm also on the infinity Antarctica cruise in feb 2023 and also came here to read the review because i feared the ship being long in the tooth since it'll be 5yrs since last dry dock/refurb.

All M-class and S-class ship are run down ! 😡
They get leftover food from E-class ship 😱

so everyone should stop asking if a ship is outdated and worn out and book E-class ships 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Can't speak for Infinity, but the Connie beds are firm and I just now realized I haven't had my chronic morning back and hip pain for weeks aboard this ship.  I do think a new mattress will be in order when I get home.

31 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

The beds on board Infinity were heavenly - firm- brand new- as I was told my our cabin steward.

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to being on her again soon. 

• Like 1

We were on Infinity last week and will also be on in January.  The ship is definitely showing her age, but was not too run down.  They were replacing carpets in cabins on our deck.  The cabin furniture was a bit worn, but the beds were firm and comfy.  I have no concerns about returning.  Ate at Tuscan a couple of times.  Service was great, but food quality was a bit lower than our last few visits to Tuscan on other M class ships.  I would be remiss if I did not mention the entertainment.  We had three full production shows on a seven night cruise.  The musicians, singers and dancers were top notch.

• Like 1