Playmakers and Diamond Beverage Voucher

I believe I have read on these boards before that one is able to order a pitcher of beer, and only pay the difference between the pitcher and the $14 voucher.  Does anyone  have any recent experience with this.  We will be on the Symphony over Thanksgiving and I think we will be spending some time there watching sports.  Thanks!

On 10/30/2022 at 7:05 PM, Marlingirl said:

I believe I have read on these boards before that one is able to order a pitcher of beer, and only pay the difference between the pitcher and the $14 voucher.  Does anyone  have any recent experience with this.  We will be on the Symphony over Thanksgiving and I think we will be spending some time there watching sports.  Thanks!

Denied on Mariner. Now they did offer to use my 50% off a beer discount. So in the end $9, was better than $4 plus a voucher 😉😁

• Like 2

On 10/30/2022 at 7:05 PM, Marlingirl said:

I was able to do it on my Sept '21' and Oct '21' cruises on Oasis, and my Nov '21' Symphony sailing.  But, wasn't able to do it last week on the Oasis this time.  Specific to particular bar manager's rules?

If you want to deviate from beer, big fan of both their Goal Post margarita (jalapeno and pineapple) and "The Pitch" (spin on a Long Island that has Midori & sprite). Others like the Black & Gold, I'm just not a whiskey/bourbon drinker so it wasn't for me.

Love the food too, fwiw.

Edited by OCSC Mike

• 1 year later...

going on the Odyssey next Jan. Just got off the Anthem but someone that's Diamond+ said the vouchers can be used on pitchers of beer. you just pay the difference. anyone else tried recently?

On 10/31/2022 at 8:37 PM, jerseyjjs said:

I was able to do it on my Sept '21' and Oct '21' cruises on Oasis, and my Nov '21' Symphony sailing.  But, wasn't able to do it last week on the Oasis this time.  Specific to particular bar manager's rules?

This is totally ridiculous! It should be standard throughout the fleet. Not what a bar manager decides on a specific ship.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 8:06 PM, John&LaLa said:

Denied on Mariner. Now they did offer to use my 50% off a beer discount. So in the end $9, was better than $4 plus a voucher 😉😁

I've been wondering about using a 50% off discount in this way.  

2 hours ago, toad455 said:

going on the Odyssey next Jan. Just got off the Anthem but someone that's Diamond+ said the vouchers can be used on pitchers of beer. you just pay the difference. anyone else tried recently?

I  was on the Odyssey over NYE and it was not allowed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

This is totally ridiculous! It should be standard throughout the fleet. Not what a bar manager decides on a specific ship.

Haha. This is Royal Caribbean where there are differences in a lot of experiences(udp, vouchers, coffee cards) across the fleet.

• Like 1