I'm Confused....PreCruise COIVD test for Bahamas and CoCoCay?

Based on RCCL's Health update this past week, am I right in that we don't need a negative pre-cruise COVID test before traveling to the Bahamas and CoCoCay? We are  vaccinated and boosted but I can't tell whether we need to do a pre-cruise COVID test if we are only going to the Bahamas and CoCoCay.  

TIA

31 minutes ago, j4lambert said:

I would do a negative test the day before the cruise just in case.

No need to. They won't even ask. As long as you filled out Health form and state you were vaccinated....its a done issue

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dohertm1 said:

If you're vaxxed, no test required as per RCL, so you're good to go. Unvaxxed passengers must submit a negative CoVID test result. 

Absolutely not true at all.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-required-to-travel-on-a-cruise

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dohertm1 said:

If you're vaxxed, no test required as per RCL, so you're good to go. Unvaxxed passengers must submit a negative CoVID test result. 

Not anymore. The only cruises out of the US that require an unvaxxed test result are ones that have port stops in Roatan, Labadee or one of the few that stop in Colombia.

Edited by smokeybandit

I stand corrected on the COVID testing policy. Recently changed, so no Covid test is required before boarding RCL cruises to the Bahamas. I think that's unfortunate because we all know that illness can spread quickly on a ship, and not just COVID. I'm an avid cruiser and I've been on cruises where people boarded when they were ill and there were consequences. How quickly the cruise lines forget.

• Like 1

Just now, dohertm1 said:

I stand corrected on the COVID testing policy. Recently changed, so no Covid test is required before boarding RCL cruises to the Bahamas. I think that's unfortunate because we all know that illness can spread quickly on a ship, and not just COVID. I'm an avid cruiser and I've been on cruises where people boarded when they were ill and there were consequences. How quickly the cruise lines forget.

What else should we be testing for pre cruise, “just to be safe”??

10 hours ago, dohertm1 said:

So can norovisus, the flu, gastro illnesses, etc....Stop the fear mongering

12 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

So can norovisus, the flu, gastro illnesses, etc....Stop the fear mongering

It's not fear mongering, it's a fact. I love cruising but I still take precautions. I can't tell you how many people I've seen in the past before the pandemic that did not sanitize their hands on a certain cruise line that I won't mention here.