Asia 2024 - Something Interesting at Play....

jeremybe

• 3 weeks later...

I have been advised by Celebrity of some minor timing modifications to our Celebrity Millenium 9th April 2024 cruise. Would they have done this if planning to cancel. According to www.cruisedig.com website the ship is due that day too.

Still not available for booking Millenium though. I can book excursions on Cruise Planner though.

Hope this is reassuring.

We are currently on the March 4th 2024 out of Singapore and the following March 16th 2024 out of Yokohama.

I see Celebrity does not have our cruises for sale but they are still listed in My Cruises. 

Yes I am worried because we really wanted to do Singapore after the Ovation was cancelled in 2021.

We shall see!!

• Like 1

Husband and I took advantage of the Black Friday sale and booked Millenium for May 2024 Japan. Had no idea there had been so much trouble with cancellations so recently still! We had our April 2020 Japan cruise canceled, but this is our first time trying it again. Hoping it all goes well!!

5 hours ago, Arubamoose said:

We are currently on the March 4th 2024 out of Singapore and the following March 16th 2024 out of Yokohama.

I see Celebrity does not have our cruises for sale but they are still listed in My Cruises. 

Yes I am worried because we really wanted to do Singapore after the Ovation was cancelled in 2021.

We shall see!!

Same dates as us. I hope they let us know by 1st April as they could use the excuse they have booked our flights, therefore no refund. Also leaving it so late doesn't give us time to find an alternative. 2nd time let down. Our TA was very off hand and just told us we are listening to gossip!!. Will wait and see...

I was on the Apex last week and asked the future cruise folks - They stated that they noticed the cruises on Millenium had been locked in the system/weren't allowing new bookings - They have not been notified of any changes and were just as perplexed as we are

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, jeremybe said:

I was on the Apex last week and asked the future cruise folks - They stated that they noticed the cruises on Millenium had been locked in the system/weren't allowing new bookings - They have not been notified of any changes and were just as perplexed as we are

Sorry to open back up an older thread, but only in the last few days I've been homing in on the Millenium sailings out of Yokohama/Tokyo for 2024. As of today, they are bookable through my usual TA.

I specifically want to avoid a cruise in the region that takes in Hong Kong so the round Japan itineraries are perfect.

However, I note prices are fairly high (maybe they always are, that's OK), but the talk of cancellations and changes isn't giving us much confidence to book. Perhaps one to delay until 2025?

Edited by Captain-John

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Who knows?  Prices may be even higher then.

Quite - I meant would it be worth delaying given the potential disruption/cancellation possibilty, with airfare and hotel bookings contingent on the cruise etc.

It is a very appealing itinerary and I am not quibbling about the price - I would just want a bti of certainty it would proceed!

21 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Quite - I meant would it be worth delaying given the potential disruption/cancellation possibilty, with airfare and hotel bookings contingent on the cruise etc.

It is a very appealing itinerary and I am not quibbling about the price - I would just want a bti of certainty it would proceed!

If you are looking at a round trip cruise out of Japan, I would think you should be pretty good from a disruption/cancellation standpoint.  The country is opening up.  My son and his girlfriend are flying there later this week for a ski vacation.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Nobody here can give you any certainty 

On 12/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, Captain-John said:

By now, I presume you have already heard about this: China to scrap quarantine for inbound travelers in major step toward reopening

• Thanks 1

Well, I have been following the cruises that are scheduled for March/April 2024 on the millennium ship.  I am booked on April 9, 2024 the best of Japan.  I personally don’t think these cruises will sail, I have checked the various ports and they do not show any recorded of the ship docking there.  But, they do show the millennium docking starting April 21, 2024 and there after.  So, I think we will be cancelled and told to rebook after April 21, 2024.  This would be the third cancellation for Japan for us.  So, we are at Celebrity’s mercy!  Very disappointing!

1 hour ago, Ocdublin said:

Well, I have been following the cruises that are scheduled for March/April 2024 on the millennium ship.  I am booked on April 9, 2024 the best of Japan.  I personally don’t think these cruises will sail, I have checked the various ports and they do not show any recorded of the ship docking there.  But, they do show the millennium docking starting April 21, 2024 and there after.  So, I think we will be cancelled and told to rebook after April 21, 2024.  This would be the third cancellation for Japan for us.  So, we are at Celebrity’s mercy!  Very disappointing!

What about cruises for the Millenium in Dec 2023?  The countries are a bit different.  Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Bali.  It would seem that these countries do not have the tight restrictions that China, Hong Kong, and Japan have?

If the cruise is cancelled will the current cruisers get first shot at cabins to wherever the ship is redeployed?  Probably the Carribean.

6 hours ago, Ocdublin said:

I don’t really know how to check Port schedules so I will take your word for it that celebrity millennium does not show on the Japanese port schedules prior to April 21. I am also booked on April 9 and I am worried about that cruise. Do you see any sign of celebrity millennium at any other Asian port in March or April prior to the April 21 itinerary?