Possible to board before reserved time? (Wonder)

qwerty11

3 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

The answer seems to vary by port and ship.  You might try posting on a recent roll call for the same itinerary and ask them.

There isn’t any recent itinerary. I’m on the Wonder TA right now, and it doesn’t get to Port Canaveral until Sunday, the 13th.

3 hours ago, qwerty11 said:

Earliest reservation time to check in we’ve been given is 1:30pm. Is it possible to show up earlier and get in (like 10:30am), or would we be sitting there until 1:30pm?

This question gets asked weekly. Since the Wonder will just begin sailing from Port Canaveral next week, nobody really knows the answer to your question. Wait and see if the port is enforcing check in times. Remember, this ship is the largest in world and holds a lot of passengers. Can you imagine the chaos if everybody wanted to show up early?

• Thanks 2

Another post with the same question. I dont say that to be ugly. Just wondering if there is a way to give users easy access to something that already has the answer posted so the can read it and get the gist of the response. (Versus the whole rebate being posted again and again - it's getting up there with the tipping debates, lol). This question is on here from eatliet this week with multiple replies and each week before. Bit, I'm not sure if folks read pinned discussions or many prior postings. Just wondering how to make info easier to access for users and reduce multiple threads with the same back and forth. Happy cruising all. 🙋‍♀️🌞🏝🤗

16 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

The answer seems to vary by port and ship.  You might try posting on a recent roll call for the same itinerary and ask them.

We are in Nassau Bahamas right now.  Wonder has not made a first appearance in PC yet...that is tomorrow morning.  

Just now, matj2000 said:

Just go do it

I don't think anyone even checks or cares.

I have been on 14 cruises (RCI and Celebrity) this year and it’s been approximately 50/50 with ports either strictly enforcing check-in times to ports not verifying any check-in times. Simply telling someone to just show up might not be the best advice. When we were on Harmony in July, a couple at our table in the MDR spent the first night saying how they were never going to cruise RCI again because they spent 2.5 hours waiting outside the terminal, even though they showed up 3 hours prior to their check-in time. 

• Like 5

When we sailed on Harmony from Port Canaveral in September, there were separate lines outside the terminal based on arrival time. They were only letting specific time slots into the terminal so as not to overwhelm security and check-in. Imagine if all 5500+ guests showed up at once!

When boarding started (around 11:30am-ish) they did have priority boarding for suite guests, Key and Diamond and up. Then they boarded based on arrival time. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have been on 14 cruises (RCI and Celebrity) this year and it’s been approximately 50/50 with ports either strictly enforcing check-in times to ports not verifying any check-in times. Simply telling someone to just show up might not be the best advice. When we were on Harmony in July, a couple at our table in the MDR spent the first night saying how they were never going to cruise RCI again because they spent 2.5 hours waiting outside the terminal, even though they showed up 3 hours prior to their check-in time. 

Mr. Speedo has never been known for practical advice.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Simply weigh the risk/reward and make a determination that fits you. If the risk of waiting until your assigned time is less than the reward of getting onboard sooner, go for it. We’ve been on 12 since the restart…Tampa was strict, the other 11 couldn’t have cared less (PC, PE, Miami, Seattle).

Edited by bucfan2

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

Envious of wearing a speedo?  Don't think so.  Not really ladies wear.  😉 

Also not a good look for Bucky either. He could pull it off (take that comment anyway you like 😁) but I can't imagine he would even consider a speedo. 😵

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Also not a good look for Bucky either. He could pull it off (take that comment anyway you like 😁) but I can't imagine he would even consider a speedo. 😵

He has a pretty great bod...IMHO...for a 72 year old.   And you are no slouch yourself...bro of his...but his speedo days are over.  😉  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

He has a pretty great bod...IMHO...for a 72 year old.   And you are no slouch yourself...bro of his...but his speedo days are over.  😉  

My commando days are over. 😵  Welcome back home and to reality. 🍷  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blueslily said:

Another post with the same question. I dont say that to be ugly. Just wondering if there is a way to give users easy access to something that already has the answer posted so the can read it and get the gist of the response. (Versus the whole rebate being posted again and again - it's getting up there with the tipping debates, lol). This question is on here from eatliet this week with multiple replies and each week before. Bit, I'm not sure if folks read pinned discussions or many prior postings. Just wondering how to make info easier to access for users and reduce multiple threads with the same back and forth. Happy cruising all. 🙋‍♀️🌞🏝🤗

Use search.

well it did me no good to show up early in Cape Liberty Bayonne as they shoved everyone over to the uncovered parking by lying to me that tie garage was for handicap.  I mean it is a 4 level garage.

Once I was on board, around 12:30 I was at the back of ship watching the late folks get to park in the garage.  

Still, in Bayonne, they did not adhere to times and just let the gates flow open.   

Same thing in Seattle and FLA ports.   

11 hours ago, SplashOfWater said:

When we sailed on Harmony from Port Canaveral in September, there were separate lines outside the terminal based on arrival time. They were only letting specific time slots into the terminal so as not to overwhelm security and check-in. Imagine if all 5500+ guests showed up at once!

When boarding started (around 11:30am-ish) they did have priority boarding for suite guests, Key and Diamond and up. Then they boarded based on arrival time. 

We were also on a September cruise and while we had a 12 pm check in time, we parked and sat in our car until it was close to our time slot.  When we got down our time slot was moving and there were hundreds of people waiting in later time slot lines to get onboard.  They were not letting anyone from those later lines onboard.  My husband also fell while we were moving in line and it wasn't pretty.  Too many dang people around waiting and accidents are bound to happen.

I also believe that this will be more problematic now that ships are sailing full.  Can't imagine how they will line up all the early arrivers to wait for their time slots for our Wonder cruise in February.  

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

My commando days are over. 😵  Welcome back home and to reality. 🍷  

Oh no...not that reality thing!!  😵😄 

Three weeks...then back to fantasy land with a B2Bb on Serenade out of Tampa.  🙂 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cecelia0613 said:

We were also on a September cruise and while we had a 12 pm check in time, we parked and sat in our car until it was close to our time slot.  When we got down our time slot was moving and there were hundreds of people waiting in later time slot lines to get onboard.  They were not letting anyone from those later lines onboard.  My husband also fell while we were moving in line and it wasn't pretty.  Too many dang people around waiting and accidents are bound to happen.

I also believe that this will be more problematic now that ships are sailing full.  Can't imagine how they will line up all the early arrivers to wait for their time slots for our Wonder cruise in February.  

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your husband's accident. I hope he was ok for the cruise. As much as I like all of the things to do on the large ships I'm not a fan of so many people. We're starting to plan more cruises on the older, smaller ships.