Behind The Scene Tours?

Momof3gurlz

We haven’t sailed with NCL since 2018, but are scheduled to be on the Encore 1/29/23.  
Is NCL currently doing Behind The Scenes Tours?  If so, anyone know the cost and how you book?  I read they’re included for Platinum and above, but we are Gold.  

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

They didn't have them in September yet a wall to wall VIP party was a go.

Ditto, yours on the Prima doing T/A and ours on the Joy ... I would say it they didn't "overfilled" the Haven Observation Lounge to maximum capacity.  Don't recalled anyone masking up either, aside from a handful of working crew (bar runners)  Maybe, you think they might've cranked up their high filtration HEPA ventilation system.  

Got a 12 nighters coming up in mid/late January, going to see & maybe stopped by CruiseNext onboard to harass them about it.  In short, have yet to read about any confirmation here on CC that BTS tour and/or Dine w Officers being resumed again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Ditto, yours on the Prima doing T/A and ours on the Joy ... I would say it they didn't "overfilled" the Haven Observation Lounge to maximum capacity.  Don't recalled anyone masking up either, aside from a handful of working crew (bar runners)  Maybe, you think they might've cranked up their high filtration HEPA ventilation system.  

Got a 12 nighters coming up in mid/late January, going to see & maybe stopped by CruiseNext onboard to harass them about it.  In short, have yet to read about any confirmation here on CC that BTS tour and/or Dine w Officers being resumed again.  

Strange as it sounds, we did have Dine w Officers on the Getaway in April 2022 but have been told no on three cruises since then.

img128.jpg

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Does anybody in that photo look like they're having fun?

I had a few, the gentlemen on the left we couldn't understand at all, he was really nice / nervous and the lady was the HR rep on the ship ( might be the reason the guy on the left was nervous ) and my wife wanted the hell out of there. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Have fun.  Which ship?

I made a visit to CN desk to inquire about Sapphire pins.  Told none available.  Asked about BTS, no, none.  Asked about officer meal, no, none.  Asked about wine tasting, waitlist, never asked.

Well, we will see Prima again in February when we sail out of PC on MSC.

8 hours ago, dexddd said:

Have fun.  Which ship?  Well, we will see Prima again in February when we sail out of PC on MSC.

Thanks, GA (again) in latter part of January.  Enjoy MSC - one of the ship repo' to NY - watching for deals, one of the BIL gave mixed review (pre-Covid).  Wait, you are flying to PC during winter break ?? Out of curiosity, booked Prima next April to personally check out her new mouse/money traps, bells & whistles.  

And, the "opening" team onboard did all that (practically, nothing) - I'll hold those Sapphire pins, if you want, for you as we got extras but they won't give us Platinum ones, saying their supply on the Joy was limited.   

From memory when the pay-for BTS tours were running back in 2019 I think I paid about $60 for it and that included a mounted photo in a presentation folder that had the ships itinerary map , ship or captain’s photo on the opposite page to the photo taken of me posing in the galley. The photos weren’t mentioned in the excursion blurb at the time but they did them on both the BTS tours I did pre-covid. 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:23 PM, JIMESOPUS said:

I had a few, the gentlemen on the left we couldn't understand at all, he was really nice / nervous and the lady was the HR rep on the ship ( might be the reason the guy on the left was nervous ) and my wife wanted the hell out of there. 

As a newly minted Sapphire, this is my worst nightmare 🤣  I've mentioned it before, I have no intention of availing myself of this benefit but the BTS tours were fun.  Not sure you need to do it every time (like eating at Teppanyaki every night and having to sit through the same schtick) but the first one was fascinating.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, mking8288 said:

I had the dinner with the officers last month on the Getaway.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:17 AM, ZachIsHere said:

Was wondering this as well! Would love to see how it all comes together and all the large kitchen spaces. Hoping they start doing this again regularly. 

I did the paid for tours on getaway and breakaway, we started in the spiegeltent venue, there was a presentation (slideshow) on the history of NCL, then the areas we were shown were: theatre dressing rooms, food storage areas, main galley, laundry, recycling Center. Those were the spots we heard from the folks working in each area but we saw more on the way to/from each area that the main guide told us about. 

On the Star in August none of the usual events were available but they comped us $50/ cabin for compensation.  I was talking to another gentleman after our visit to the CN desk and he said they got $100/cabin.  I asked the CN jerk about it and he said they got more as they are ambassadors and we are lowly diamonds.  What?

On 11/21/2022 at 6:51 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

On the Star in August none of the usual events were available but they comped us $50/ cabin for compensation.  I was talking to another gentleman after our visit to the CN desk and he said they got $100/cabin.  I asked the CN jerk about it and he said they got more as they are ambassadors and we are lowly diamonds.  What?

I asked CN desk guy about all the missing benefits and pins and nothing, not even apology.  This was Prima and Sapphire.

On 11/20/2022 at 7:47 PM, Sundiego said:

Just off the Escape transatlantic. At one of the officer Q&A's, the question was asked if the "Behind The Scenes" tours were coming back. The answer was yes, very soon they will be back.

~Denise

Thanks!