Has Seabourn gone to the dogs?

markham

On 11/23/2022 at 2:55 PM, Cantara24 said:

I surmise they would not do well in the winter climate we have, minus 10 Celsius to minus 20 C, I'd have to have pee pads in our basement!! Are they susceptible to summer sun?

They actually have AHT's in Finland and in Canada. They wear clothes and booties when they go out in the cold weather.

For the summer sun (we're in FL so sun all year round), we either put sunscreen on or a sunsuit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2022 at 4:53 PM, GUT2407 said:

I had a Chinese crested for many years, similar look8ng dog in many ways.

Yes but they don't have the dental issues that CC have because for the AHT it's a recessive gene. And they have NO hair except for eyebrows, lashes and whiskers.

I love seeing vintage photos of cruise ships that include photos of dogs along with their owners.  Since we have a dachshund (miniature long-haired black and tan dapple), I especially notice the photos with the dachshunds.  That being said, only true service dogs (with authentication) should be allowed to travel by cruise ship to help their owners.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have sailed on Seabourn before and have a cruise scheduled with them again next July. When I choose a line like Seabourn or Regent, I do so with the expectation the experience will be first class in every regard.I have rarely been disappointed, (and based on some comments here, perhaps I have been fortunate). After all, that is why I sail with these lines rather than Princess, Carnival, et al. The behavior of passengers is something a cruise line has only limited control over, but it does set policies, and it is Seabourn's policy regarding this lady and her dog I am concerned about.

If Seabourn's policy is to allow passengers to bring dogs (other than true service dogs) with them and to allow these dogs to accompany their owners into public spaces,  I am going to have to reconsider sailing with them again. Like many others who have posted here,  I want Seabourn to provide for us the exact and complete details of their policy regarding passengers' pets. Oh, and I could care less about which suite a passenger has booked in this regard.  Sadly, I once again find that money does not buy class.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

"...relieved to see my favorite shipboard dog..."

Speaking of "relieved," if that dog has an accidental number-two, at least it can be used for fishing line sinkers.

Edited by no1talks
  • Haha 3

The only way to finally see off this thread is if someone who really knows can say for sure whether this was a service dog or not.  It is the only thing that matters with reference to SB policy, but I doubt if everyone would believe the answer anyway!