Anyone else book Venezia today?

Cherries Jubilee

Just booked late July Eastern Caribbean cruise.  Took a balcony on 7th floor.  A lot of stuff sold out.

First Carnival cruise in 5 years, last on the Horizon.  Excited that this ship is similar in design as we liked the Horizon. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 3:54 PM, Cherries Jubilee said:

I honestly had no idea what the stateroom categories were so I just picked a balcony cabin near an elevator.

So did we! Hadn’t planned to cruise in 2023, but DD & I broke down.  Haven’t sailed Carnival since 2014 so it will be interesting….

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I enjoy sailing from NY and like to do a winter cruise so when I saw the Venezia was sailing I booked the February 11 Journey cruise.  I forgot about Presidents weekend and hope it's not teeming with kids 

NY area/suburban public schools are off the week of February 19th, so you should be OK.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I enjoy sailing from NY and like to do a winter cruise so when I saw the Venezia was sailing I booked the February 11 Journey cruise.  I forgot about Presidents weekend and hope it's not teeming with kids 

I booked the same cruise! We usually fly to a ship in February to celebrate my sister’s birthday. This is the first time the itinerary from here has been good enough.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 2:24 PM, UPNYGuy said:

Just booked the maiden sailing out of NYC. All the Terrazza cabins were sold out, so I grabbed one of the square inside cabins on deck 2. 4 days? I'll be fine with one of the large square inside. I usually go Havana (or Terrazza on the Venezia sailing I have in October).

was able to get my cabin on the maiden NYC sailing changed to a Terrazza after they opened them up. So far I have 4 sailings booked on her 😂. Easy for me to get to, and I like the carnival-meets-MSC-esque way they are presenting this ship. I hope it pays off for them, and we see more of this in the future if it works. Large cities are huge melting pots, and IMO that is partly why I like MSC. 

• 1 month later...

Just switched from the August Carnival Legend 14-Night Greenland cruise to the November 9 Carnival Venezia 11-Night cruise. Plan on doing Amtrak to NYC compared to being able to drive to Baltimore, oh well. We sailed on MSC in YC from Genoa, Italy last year and have a MSC cruise from Hamburg to the British Isles in September. Looking forward to the Vincezia!

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Just switched from the August Carnival Legend 14-Night Greenland cruise to the November 9 Carnival Venezia 11-Night cruise. Plan on doing Amtrak to NYC compared to being able to drive to Baltimore, oh well. We sailed on MSC in YC from Genoa, Italy last year and have a MSC cruise from Hamburg to the British Isles in September. Looking forward to the Vincezia!

Vicenza and Venezia - although they are two cities that are geographically close to each other - are two distinct, and separate cities.

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

Vicenza and Venezia - although they are two cities that are geographically close to each other - are two distinct, and separate cities.

Whoops! Word police got me. Should have known better as I have been to both cities. I did spell it correctly the first time though.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:27 PM, Cherries Jubilee said:

I actually booked another trip on Venezia since I started this post lol. I hope I like this ship since I’ll be on it twice. I loved Horizon so hopefully her sister will live up to her hype.

Same with us.  We were moved over from the June Magic and then when the great itineraries came out we booked the 12 day February cruise.

I must say, NY isn't a port I'd look to book, but the pictures of the Venenzia have gotten me a little intrigued!  With minimal changes to the ship, I might be seeking one of these out.  Looking forward to see what people think after sailing.

I tested positive for acute Veneziaphilia - The infection caused me to book over 40 days of future cruises without resistance. 

The initial bug (“Exclusive Open For Sale Deal”) had me booking more than I planned and I came to my senses. But the latest “Early Saver Instant Savings Bonus Sale” variant resulted in a rebound. I’m hoping trip medical insurance will pay the out of pocket final payment expenses.

I’m thrilled that I can drive to the NY port year-round to cruise without the gut wrenching pain of EWR and United Air.

Edited by crooooze
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Just booked the 4 day 8/10-8/15. With my 2 adult daughters. Would have loved a longer cruise but too hard to coordinate everyone’s time off. I’m excited to hear the reviews from those taking the launch and first few sailings out of NYC. 

• Like 3

I’ll be on the Venezia for the TransAtlantic from Barcelona!  I’ll be doing a LIVE! here plus coverage on my YouTube channel. 

Can’t wait!  I’m also excited to hear about the first few New York sailings; I’ve cruised out of NY just once with my sister years ago on the Splendor, and I still have family in NY so that is always an interesting port for family trips for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seas2c said:
1 hour ago, TravelBluebird said:

I look forward to watching your vlog!  

Thanks! Internet willing, I’m hoping to do a couple of live videos from the ship; make sure you subscribe//turn on notifications on YT if you are interested in those!

had the 11 day booked for April 15 thinking OK we can drive to NY to cruise and save on airfare but after finding out parking was going to be close to $500 I canceled and booked an 11 day on MSC from Florida.I'll piy the $500 towards airfare.

Rather sail from Florida and avoid the Atlantic ocean.

We booked the 12/10 cruise to the Bahamas. Have not cruised on Carnival since 2019 due to Covid and getting older issues. We were on the Sunshine when she skirted a hurricane going to Bermuda in 2019. That was a hairy scary bumpy cruise. Carnival gave future total cruise credit to everyone on that cruise. It was supposed to be used by 3/2021 but along came Covid. So I called my great PVP and she got our total cruise credit extended for the 12/10/2023 cruise out of NYC. Our total 8 day cruise in a terezza aft balcony is costing just under $400 for both of us. We are super excited! The research bug has hit us and we are making excursion plans now. Very excited for this upcoming cruise!

One The Venezia June 19th sailing. Was Finally able to Book the Dr. Suess Green Egg's and Ham Breakfast. Don't know if some one else canceled their cruise or if Carnival finally opened the breakfast up. Have been checking sense the turn over from Magic age's ago. Grand kids are sure going to be happy and i am off the hook as i have been talking about it. Can't wait to see some post about how the ship looks in May.