Disembarkation flight time at Ft. Lauderdale...

svend52

I know this question has been asked many times before but I can't find the posts. Saturday 12/17 disembarkation and scheduled arrival at 6AM, 4 ships in port, 10:30 flight...can we make it? Know the airport is minutes away but would appreciate seasoned travelers input on ability to make that flight. I think remembering previous post saying that it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks ahead.

We had the same flight time and decided change it to the 1:15 flight so we have a little more time in case there are issues. Worse case is we get to the airport and have a few hours to kill, maybe time for lunch before the flight? Hang out at the lounge catch up on emails, etc.  

Can you make a 10:30 flight?  Yes.  Suggest you do a search as this has hundreds of replies.

If everything goes perfectly - Yes.  Any of some twenty things and you will miss your flight.  A personal choice but I don't want that kind of stress so book at 1pm or later.  Have time for a relaxed lunch.

I'm surprised that nobody suggested getting a taxi or Uber/Lyft after doing self-disembark (early as @Potstechstated).  You will kill some time waiting for a Princess transfer bus to fill up.  It generally is not too long of a wait...but you can definitely save a bit of time bypassing the transfer.  Personally...I always do the transfer and book a slightly later flight just to be on the safe side.

11 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm surprised that nobody suggested getting a taxi or Uber/Lyft after doing self-disembark (early as @Potstechstated).  You will kill some time waiting for a Princess transfer bus to fill up.  It generally is not too long of a wait...but you can definitely save a bit of time bypassing the transfer.  Personally...I always do the transfer and book a slightly later flight just to be on the safe side.

Price of Uber tends to skyrocket at disembarkation time.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:04 PM, svend52 said:

I know this question has been asked many times before but I can't find the posts. Saturday 12/17 disembarkation and scheduled arrival at 6AM, 4 ships in port, 10:30 flight...can we make it? Know the airport is minutes away but would appreciate seasoned travelers input on ability to make that flight. I think remembering previous post saying that it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks ahead.

I've been in literally the last disembarkation group on Celebrity (9 AM-ish), took the Celebrity shuttle transfer (versus Uber b/c I had leftover OBC with Celebrity), and I have made a 10:50 AM flight. I could have made a 10:30 AM flight.

Note: my flight was originally scheduled for a 5 PM departure hence the late disembarkation, but I was able to get on an earlier flight at the counter.

My last time doing the PEV --> FLL circuit was like two weeks ago (seems like an eternity ago)... 8 AM disembarkation for like an 11:10 AM flight..... still waited like 90 minutes at FLL terminal.

Edited by Mike07

There is NO way to walk to the airport! Taxi meters are regularly inspected, and if you know the fare ahead of time there should never be a problem. Uber/Lyft use a congestion pricing scale - maybe taxi’s are allowed to add that to the fare, ask ahead of time.

Hal

57 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

There is NO way to walk to the airport! Taxi meters are regularly inspected, and if you know the fare ahead of time there should never be a problem. Uber/Lyft use a congestion pricing scale - maybe taxi’s are allowed to add that to the fare, ask ahead of time.

Hal

Just a bit of sarcasm on my part...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/18/2022 at 8:04 PM, svend52 said:

We have walked off at the first opportunity, picked up an Uber/Lyft, and arrived at the airport by 8:30. As always, YMMV.

3 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

That’s why you make sure the meter is turned on.

Yep, learned that the hard way.  "Meter not working, it'll just be $25.  Or fill a van for a flat rate of $20 per person.  I pretty much stick to Uber of Lyft now.  

We were just on a cruise Dec 3 to 13. We had a transfer to go to the airport. We were one of the first to get off and did not make it to the airport until around 10. I’ve been on cruises when we got to the airport a little earlier but I always book in the afternoon or stay for a day ….