Turning Gold on this next cruise - will I get Gold perks?

CarnivalCruiser875

The member appreciation drink on your last day will be loaded to your card.  FYI, on my most recent cruise (Celebration TA) I was to become Diamond but got a Platinum card in mailbox.  A friend in my travel party was to become Gold but got a Red card.  Guest Services took care of issuing the correct cards.  If this happens to you, go directly to Guest Services before the huge line forms.  I had no wait at Guest Services because I went right away.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, supercanadian said:

Piggybacking off this thread as we will be turning Gold on our next sailing as well. How do you go about redeeming your member appreciation drink on the last night of the cruise? Is a credit loaded to your card? What drinks can you use it for? 

T.I.A

We sailed under this scenario last month on the Breeze.  On the last sea day we ordered drinks in the MDR (I believe the free drink is anything under $20) but you can order them from any bar.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tweak89 said:

We sailed under this scenario last month on the Breeze.  On the last sea day we ordered drinks in the MDR (I believe the free drink is anything under $20) but you can order them from any bar.    

Last week it was a $11.00. 

15 hours ago, Stick93 said:

I don’t feel there are many diff between red and gold. 

As someone about to turn gold, I agree.

Interestingly, I have a B2B coming up and based on the number of days of each of the sailings I should be turning gold during the second cruise. My boarding pass for the first cruise shows gold, however, presumably since the two cruises are linked as B2B?

8 minutes ago, knagl said:

As someone about to turn gold, I agree.

Interestingly, I have a B2B coming up and based on the number of days of each of the sailings I should be turning gold during the second cruise. My boarding pass for the first cruise shows gold, however, presumably since the two cruises are linked as B2B?

I believe a linked b2b is considered 1 cruise so that is why.

15 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

This is what happened to us and we received our Gold card at embarkation.

There may not be much difference between Red and Gold, but you can't get to Platinum without being Gold first.

very true - platnum has some perks - I personally enjoy the laundry. 

• Like 1

This is interesting. I'm usually a Royal cruiser and you don't change tiers halfway through a cruise.

I'm a lowly Red with Carnival but will change to Gold towards the end of my Panama Canal cruise so looks like I'll get the card at the start of the cruise. And with deals like $485 each for 10 nights including taxes and tips, I might be doing more Carnival cruises in Oz even though I would have hit Diamond Plus with Royal.

On 11/26/2022 at 4:56 PM, CarnivalCruiser875 said:

Apologies if this is a "duh" question....but I am 6 "cruise days" away from being Gold. I am going on a 7 day in December. Will I receive Gold perks during the entirety of the cruise, or not until my next cruise?

Thank you!

I kinda wondered that for my grand daughter who sailed on with her parents    She was turning gold hile on the ship   but they gave her a red card.  

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

I kinda wondered that for my grand daughter who sailed on with her parents    She was turning gold hile on the ship   but they gave her a red card.  

She should have had a Gold card then.  Something glitched in the system.

On 11/28/2022 at 6:35 AM, sparks1093 said:

There may not be much difference between Red and Gold, but you can't get to Platinum without being Gold first.

13 hours ago, Stick93 said:

very true - platnum has some perks - I personally enjoy the laundry. 

Indeed, the one perk I look forward to when turning Platinum (assuming it doesn't go away) is the priority boarding.  And the free round of laundry.

OK, the two perks I look forward to are the priority boarding and the free laundry.  And the Priority line at GS.

The THREE perks I look forward to are priority boarding, free laundry, and...  Can we just start the skit over again?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

She should have had a Gold card then.  Something glitched in the system.

Indeed, the one perk I look forward to when turning Platinum (assuming it doesn't go away) is the priority boarding.  And the free round of laundry.

OK, the two perks I look forward to are the priority boarding and the free laundry.  And the Priority line at GS.

The THREE perks I look forward to are priority boarding, free laundry, and...  Can we just start the skit over again?

Maybe Carnival needs a FTTP/FTTD option? Could be pure profit! I'm sure a lot of folks booked extra cruises when they had the ten cruises deal, it could work the same way again with platinum/diamond, buy points and get there quicker. It would certainly make easy money and not cost them much of anything. I'd bet a lot of folks would toss money at it because a lot of folks need to feel special/VIP. Use that human nature and cash in on it!    

Edited by cruisingguy007