Which "NEW" Cruise Fare Package Do You Prefer?

Jeter02

Which Cruise Fare Package Do you Prefer?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. With the rollout of changes in the cruise fare packages, which will be your go to fare of choice?

• Princess Basic
    • Princess Plus
    • Princess Premium

With the rollout of these new so-called new benefits, alongwith price hikes in the cruise fare packages, which do you prefer now? The Princess Basic, Princess Plus, or the Princess Premier? 

Besides the addition of some new benefits which I find personally for me quite comical with the contradiction of fancy desserts and gym classes being a very interesting combination. Princess now has also raised the prices of these packages as well.

Just curious to see if this changes people's minds on the packages that they have gone for in the past, but may now change their minds on in the future.

I'm personally have always been, and will continue to be the standard basic princess package. No need for add on as I drink nothing but water typically. Now with the added desserts in gym that does nothing for me as I'm not a big sweet eater and nor do I spend my vacation in the gym or ever pay for gym classes. 

With these changes I feel like Princess is starting to slowly have an identity crisis, by adding some of these nonsensical things. Once again just my opinion.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

FB_IMG_1669973641738.jpg

FB_IMG_1669973644300.jpg

P.S. what's this nonsense with the possible no more free shipping of the medallions in the US???? Like many others have said you can easily just pick it up at the port for free if that's going to be the case.

Unfortunately, most of us had to do that Thanksgiving week at least out of fort Lauderdale because no one had their shipped to them at home. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

Getting sick of the smoke and mirrors.. nickel and diming.. upsell and more nonsense. That and with covid.. more and more tempted to just go back to travelling on land instead. 

It is pretty amazing what these cruise lines are doing.  Raising prices while trying to proclaim you are getting more for your money when you aren't.  I mean, just raise your price a bit and stop reducing benefits to loyal customers or you might lose them to other vacation choices.

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

It is pretty amazing what these cruise lines are doing.  Raising prices while trying to proclaim you are getting more for your money when you aren't.  I mean, just raise your price a bit and stop reducing benefits to loyal customers or you might lose them to other vacation choices.

YES!!!! 🙌

• Like 2

Honestly, the reality is that they have determined that they can raise prices on everything and still fill the ships, so that is what they are going to do.  They don't care anymore about loyalty, they only care about bodies and how to get more money from you while providing less benefits and services.  It's going to continue until their numbers drop off.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Honestly, the reality is that they have determined that they can raise prices on everything and still fill the ships, so that is what they are going to do.  They don't care anymore about loyalty, they only care about bodies and how to get more money from you while providing less benefits and services.  It's going to continue until their numbers drop off.

That's very true as the benefits like you said have already dwindled down. Out of what's already currently being offered let's say for elite like myself there's only two things will three technically that I actually use which is the laundry service and the mini bar setup which I trade out for a case of water along with the internet which used to be free but now we are all stuck paying for at least half off. Other than that there's zero loyalty benefits. Truly miss the extra incentive loyalty money we use to get that they stopped giving us as OBC. 

• Like 4

Wholeheartedly agree with everyone on this. If it were April I would have thought it was an April Fools.joke. Just what every senior over 70 needs....sugary desserts and gym classes. 

Unless it's a long cruise we too take the basic fare. It's now becoming even more appealing. I can understand the raise in gratuities as all lines are doing that. But the rest of those " perks" are a joke. If prices become comparable it may be time to give our $$ to other lines. They are not showing us our loyalty means anything. Time for John to go.

• Like 7

Why isn't John Padget holding focus groups or take surveys from their loyal passengers, before they roll out these idiotic plans? We the loyal passengers should have our voices heard and accounted for, before the higher ups roll out these plans before consulting us. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, jinpasco said:

Wholeheartedly agree with everyone on this. If it were April I would have thought it was an April Fools.joke. Just what every senior over 70 needs....sugary desserts and gym classes. 

Unless it's a long cruise we too take the basic fare. It's now becoming even more appealing. I can understand the raise in gratuities as all lines are doing that. But the rest of those " perks" are a joke. If prices become comparable it may be time to give our $$ to other lines. They are not showing us our loyalty means anything. Time for John to go.

Bravo! I'm voting for you to be the new CEO of Princess!

• Like 2

How about this. I don't drink liquor. But I do enjoy soda. If I want soda, I have to buy a drink package which contains liquor among other items. How about bringing back the old soda only package from days of old. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. What do you all think?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chabad said:

Why isn't John Padget holding focus groups or take surveys from their loyal passengers, before they roll out these idiotic plans? We the loyal passengers should have our voices heard and accounted for, before the higher ups roll out these plans before consulting us. 

Because he doesn't have to.  For every Elite that gets free laundry (one of the few remaining perks), there is a first time cruiser who will pay for that room willingly without free laundry, nor do they do the math on the packages they are paying for.  Win/win for the cruise line, lose/lose for a loyal past passenger.

Edited by kywildcatfanone
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chabad said:

Each passenger receives a detailed survey following a cruise. Usually takes 1/2 hour for me to fill it out.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

There are no words ...I am Diabetic what will they give me instead of a desert ...a towel animal!!!

Basic for me from now on.

With all the temptations it must be difficult for a person with diabetes to go on a cruise in the first place.

6 minutes ago, billco said:

Each passenger receives a detailed survey following a cruise. Usually takes 1/2 hour for me to fill it out.

After our last survey I gave up on future ones. It's much to long and no one really pays that much attention to them anyway. 

• Like 2

I've always done Plus - even with a teen as pax 2, it worked out better than adding grats, wifi, soda package and pay as you go alcohol for me. Now it's $60? Doubtful I will do it. For that extra $10 a day (not sure what extras we got with the price hike not too long ago) I get free juice that I don't drink, free desserts (how different can they be from the current desserts? Sugar is sugar in my mind), free exercise classes that I have zero interest in, and free shipping on my medallion that can't be shipped to me in Canada. Great. Sign me up. Thanks for nothing Princess...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chabad said:

How about this. I don't drink liquor. But I do enjoy soda. If I want soda, I have to buy a drink package which contains liquor among other items. How about bringing back the old soda only package from days of old. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. What do you all think?

They still offer the soda package. Just add it on the the basic fare. I buy it every cruise for my kiddo - either pre-buy in the personaliser or buy it on the ship on the first day.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

After our last survey I gave up on future ones. It's much to long and no one really pays that much attention to them anyway. 

I agree with you. I really doubt they read the surveys. I miss the comment cards for the crew because I feel their acknowledgements go unnoticed with the survey.

Princess will keep doing it until people vote with their wallets.

Things will change on a dime when it’s no longer profitable for them.

I always book the plus package as it’s a good value for me and my cruising style but if they keep raising prices/taking things away, I’ll go with Basic fare.

5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

FB_IMG_1669973641738.jpg

FB_IMG_1669973644300.jpg

The new additions to Princess Plus (What's New) mentioned above....I cannot find this at Princess.com and it is not mentioned in the Princess Plus T&A.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Where can I find this reference?

Thx

Edited by tcdcruiser

This survey should have had a question on what we would have chosen prior to the change in the packages.  How are you going to know how many are choosing differently?  As it stands it really isn’t going to tell you anything.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1