Deck Luggage Tags

Boatmans Lady

Much excitement in our house today as this envelope arrived from Regent with 

deck luggage tags enclosed. No making my own like last year and thank you to Regent for listening to the feedback and sending these out. 

Excitement is beginning to mount but we have a little event called Christmas to get through before our pre-cruise tour 😀 IMG_20221202_104613.thumb.jpg.67ec16f7800837a8f31d7e57628ca30d.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fudge said:

If nothing else, on the day you disembark, announcements are made who leaves first down to last, for example, those with Blue tags are asked to leave the ship, then Yellow and so on.

The tags in the photo are for embarkation.  You print your name, ship, sail date, suite number on them.  Attach to the luggage that will be loaded aboard for you and delivered to your suite.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HotRoot said:

They tell which cabin your luggage needs to go to.  We have always had them with every cruise line we have ever sailed with.  Though our current ones with Regent look different than these.

You are on the same cruise as us and we have the same as Boatman'sLady (just deck 7) - maybe they are the UK version?

ACDEAE70-CE4E-4376-9045-340D48A2E494.jpeg

1 hour ago, HotRoot said:

Let me see if I can do this.  Here are ours.  Previously we had ones like yours.

WIN_20221202_15_37_56_Pro.jpg

WIN_20221202_15_38_00_Pro.jpg

We had these the last few times, too.  Maybe US vs non-US?  Supply chain?

Will all accomplish the same purpose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HotRoot said:

Let me see if I can do this.  Here are ours.  Previously we had ones like yours.

WIN_20221202_15_37_56_Pro.jpg

WIN_20221202_15_38_00_Pro.jpg

Ours are very much like airline tags and some of the us Brits that weren't receiving anything apart from online documents were given the same ones we received in the post today at the pre-cruise hotel in Rome, so yes the USA cruisers seem to be getting different ones to us. 

Edited by Boatmans Lady
  • Like 1

I have nothing and I’m sailing over Christmas!

Maybe we will get them at our Miami hotel?

We booked through a big U.K. cruise company, I rang them to ask about our documents and they are mailing them next week. With the postal strikes I hope they do it sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Maybe we will get them at our Miami hotel?

We booked through a big U.K. cruise company, I rang them to ask about our documents and they are mailing them next week. With the postal strikes I hope they do it sooner rather than later.

I was in the post office this morning and next strike day is Friday so 🤞🏻 You get before then. Our tags came direct from Regent

14 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Are you doing a pre-cruise too? 

Will be nice to be back onboard again. 

We are doing the Caribbean on Navigator so no pre cruise but a night in Miami (if passport control aren't on strike and we get there🤞🏻🤞🏻 😜) and yes it will be lovely to be back onboard again 😁

Edited by Techno123

8 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

1 hour ago, Techno123 said:

Our tags came direct from Regent

Yes, under the new arrangements for UK guests the luggage tags seem to be posted direct from Regent rather than coming via your TA.

@Kristal Blade, I would give Regent Southampton a call on Monday.

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Yes, under the new arrangements for UK guests the luggage tags seem to be posted direct from Regent rather than coming via your TA.

Thanks Flossie009, 

I will give that a go. 
I’m also a bit twitchy about our flight now after hearing the news about strikes by airport staff. We fly the day after the strikes end, but who knows what the situation will be. 
Just going to go with the flow and live in hope.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:14 AM, Boatmans Lady said:

Much excitement in our house today as this envelope arrived from Regent with 

deck luggage tags enclosed. No making my own like last year and thank you to Regent for listening to the feedback and sending these out. 

Excitement is beginning to mount but we have a little event called Christmas to get through before our pre-cruise tour 😀 IMG_20221202_104613.thumb.jpg.67ec16f7800837a8f31d7e57628ca30d.jpg

Ours came this week as well, very excited, which cruise are you on? We are Sydney to Bali on explorer 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Just want to say hi… hope we meet again with more time to spend together! Our next cruise is 1/21 and 3/15. Merry Christmas. 🎄

sheila

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Just want to say hi… hope we meet again with more time to spend together! Our next cruise is 1/21 and 3/15. Merry Christmas. 🎄

sheila

Hi Sheila,

Best wishes to you & yours 🤶  Enjoy your cruises & safe driving on the red scooter 😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Do these require borrowing stapler or tape from hotel front desk (since you can't attach until right before embark)? 😄

In case your question is serious, no additional tools needed, just a pen to fill out info! Plain rectangular have self adhesive on the back, and funky white ones you just thread through the rounded hole.

20 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Definitely serious. I had to borrow a stapler for Seabourn tags.

If you check Amazon (or other sites) you can buy plastic luggage tag holders that fit specific cruise line tags.  We use the one's for Royal Caribbean.  They are a different size than the Regent tag, but the tag still fits easily.   These tags attach with metal ring and work very well.  Well worth a very minimal investment.  We use them for both boarding and debarking.