Booked inside cabin - having regret.....

dizzyr

We started on interior cabins, until we could afford ocean-view and then balconies.  We've gone back to interior when the price was right to sneak in an affordable cruise.  

As has been pointed out, you're all on the same ship.  They are GREAT for sleeping because it's darker (bring a little battery-operated tea candle for the bathroom if you want).  

Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I do not like inside cabins.

Me either, I like to see the sunrise and not have to turn over and look at a clock or set an alarm.  We just had a promenade view on Navigator and I wasn't a fan of it either.  It was always light outside and I hate blackout curtains.  

Just think about your vacation. What are you there for?

Maybe it will help you with your regret.

I never regret our insides (about 40 out of 55 times, the rest balconies and 2 outsides),

because frankly during last several times we had balconies we found ourselves 2-3 times stepping on them and never for long. My snorkeling gear and swimming suits do dry up well there, but it is not worth it. Solarium, pools, promenades, theater shows, music in various clubs. I am looking at some suites videos and thinking ... OK, it is very cool, but I can be in 10 fun places, but if I book it I will regret spending so much time outside of it and not enjoying it enough.

For the record Princess was our favorite company for a long time. We had the best experience on Royal in 2017 New Year cruise and the worst on Crown Princess in 2020 New Year cruise. I personally find Royal Caribbean's staterooms to be better than Princess's except for change area. 

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, loman said:

No matter , i need to have access to the outside . Its priceless 🙂

Would you book balconies if you have to skip interesting excursion to pay for it? Or another cruise?

My first cruise ever as a child was in an inside cabin with bunk beds (back in the 1970s), and I thought that was the way all cruise cabins looked!

I have always felt comfortable in inside cabins, but now I will also book cabins with  balconies if it is a special cruise, or a great price,  and sometimes I try for the upgrades, and other times I have been upgraded for free!

But I think the key issue here is economics-- you are trying to stretch your budget, and that is great!  I already have three cruises booked for next year, and one is an inside, because I just needed an extra getaway!

Have a wonderful trip and don't worry about the cabin!

We've sailed the sister ships and the interior cabins are just fine.  We love the quiet and dark that they provide.  I wouldn't worry about it at all.  We don't spend much time in the cabin other than to sleep and get ready for dinner.

You can get all the views from the pool deck, walking deck on 4, etc...

Dan

• Like 1

3 of our last 4 cruises have been insides. Our last cruise was an ocean view but that's only because it was the same price as an inside. Frankly I would have been happier with an inside on a higher deck than an OV on deck 2. 

• Like 2

You booked based on your cash.  Don't regret it.  The bed is the same.  The bathroom is the same.  You don't spend time in your cabin.  You spend time outside the cabin where the fun is.  The room is to sleep in, not live in.  I'm happy as long as I have a place to sleep and shower. 

• Like 3

On 12/4/2022 at 12:10 AM, dizzyr said:

This is our first cruise with RCI (Princess and Disney before) and I read an article that said to avoid the inside cabins

it's not that bad. All three of us are going to be in an inside cabin on the Allure next year. We book what we can afford without me being frustrated. Sometimes we get a acceptable price on a balcony, and sometimes we can only go with an inside. Cruising has become quite a bit more pricy lately.

We are a lot more content with having an inside cabin on RCI ships than we are on Princess. We are always out doing something fun on RCI. We spend a lot of time reading on the balcony or watching free on demand movies on Princess ships.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1