AARP e-gift card

darnoc23

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 7:06 AM, Steelers36 said:

If it can be done, I would think you need to deal with the Future Cruise Consultant directly.  Ordering online using the App will only accept a credit card and not a gift card and PIN combination.  The paper form you can fill out and leave at the FCC desk doesn't allow for GC entry.  

It is the FCD desk. It is Future Cruise Deposit that are for sale.

On 12/20/2022 at 1:22 PM, julie3fan said:

That is perfectly logical!  I *plan* to book a B2B TA right after the 1st of the year, but who knows what happens before I actually get onboard.  I think I'll just pay for my FCCs in the traditional manner!

That will be difficult to do as it is FCD, Future Cruise Deposit, that is available for sale. FCC is something that Princess gives as compensation for operational "failures" on their part.

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

That will be difficult to do as it is FCD, Future Cruise Deposit, that is available for sale. FCC is something that Princess gives as compensation for operational "failures" on their part.

Yes, of course.  Please excuse the slight error.  

22 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I understand the difference but it is the FCC desk on the ship.  In this case, FCC is the Future Cruise Consultant.

Well when I have been on ship there was a FCD form holder on the wall and a slot to deposit completed forms into.

Hi All  - I am getting ready for my first Princess cruise in a couple weeks and I have quite a few gift cards to apply to my account on board.  My question is:  Is there a limit to how many GC's I can add to my account once on board?  Either max number of cards or max dollar amount?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

Hi All  - I am getting ready for my first Princess cruise in a couple weeks and I have quite a few gift cards to apply to my account on board.  My question is:  Is there a limit to how many GC's I can add to my account once on board?  Either max number of cards or max dollar amount?  Thanks!

On our previous Island Princess cruise in October and November we cashed in something like 12 gift cards at $500 each for a total of $6000. If there's a limit, it's higher than that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

On our previous Island Princess cruise in October and November we cashed in something like 12 gift cards at $500 each for a total of $6000. If there's a limit, it's higher than that!

Perfect!  That is about what I have so good to know!  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have another question.  I just booked EZAir for our upcoming B2B TA.  I booked the cruise onboard, but the booking was automatically transferred to my travel agent (not a problem).  When I need to pay for our flights, does that amount roll into the cruise fare due and gets paid all together through my travel agent, or do I pay Princess directly for the flights?  And can I use Princess gift cards to pay for EZAir?  TIA!

22 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't think anybody has mentioned this...but for those interested in purchasing FCD on board...you can do this directly on the app.  I did this on our last sailing and have done so several times pre-Covid.

Yes, and it gets charged directly to your credit card on file, but not on your onboard account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, julie3fan said:

I have another question.  I just booked EZAir for our upcoming B2B TA.  I booked the cruise onboard, but the booking was automatically transferred to my travel agent (not a problem).  When I need to pay for our flights, does that amount roll into the cruise fare due and gets paid all together through my travel agent, or do I pay Princess directly for the flights?  And can I use Princess gift cards to pay for EZAir?  TIA!

Yes, any money owed for EZAir will be rolled up into your overall cruise fare and will be collected by your TA. And, your TA can apply your gift cards to your booking anytime.

One thing I would mention is if you do apply gift cards to your cruise fare please keep your gift cards- if something happens and you cancel the cruise the money goes back to the original form of payment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I don't think anybody has mentioned this...but for those interested in purchasing FCD on board...you can do this directly on the app.  I did this on our last sailing and have done so several times pre-Covid.

Spot on. Takes just a few quick keystrokes doing it on the app once on board. 
Using the form holder on the wall and the slot to deposit completed forms into is unnecessarily difficult and inordinately time consuming.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 12:53 PM, Steelers36 said:

I think it is taking a while for folks to get what you did.

You owed $X to PCL in order to fully pay for your voyage.  You entered a payment of $X + $500 and OVER-PAID what you owed.  PCL put the excess into OBC rather than, say, crediting back your credit card.

Another poster mentioned this doesn't work if using a TA.  I'd say it *might* work if the TA is charging you what Princess rate is with no discount.  In a discounting TA situation, the agency makes up the fare difference with some "accounting magic" which is likely from their commission pool or actually paying the difference.  An overpayment to the guest's credit card in this case wouldn't help get the OBC. 

When I paid using gift cards via the Princess web site it would only deduct the exact amount owed thus leaving a balance on one of the gift cards.

41 minutes ago, brisalta said:

When I paid using gift cards via the Princess web site it would only deduct the exact amount owed thus leaving a balance on one of the gift cards.

I have done same last year with my TA.  Had portions of GC used to pay to 100% and then balance on GC went to the next cruise balance due.  Fine, but a little different situation than the one I was posting about back in Dec.

On 1/3/2023 at 8:08 AM, beg3yrs said:

We just used 20 to pay off a cruise last week with no problem applying them at the website.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, WeCruise23 said:

If I transfer my PCL gift cards to OBC over the phone before boarding can I then purchase the Princess Plus package with OBC on the first day of the cruise?

Yes

• Like 1