Alaska Wow

PACD_JG

6 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Just one Specialty Dinner (for two) on a 28-day cruise... The Crew Appreciation and Beverage Package (even when it's SBP) do make HIA worth it for us, but I noticed the decrease in Specialty dinners on first read!

I couldn’t figure out if this was a refundable deposit, was it?

Very interesting cruise . We have seen 95% of i  those areas  over  5

Alaska trips   .For the 2024  looking more towards a Spring TA with B2B2B  cruises .We will have some idea   hoping  June 20th while on Kongingsdam  to book then .,if possible

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Just one Specialty Dinner (for two) on a 28-day cruise... The Crew Appreciation and Beverage Package (even when it's SBP) do make HIA worth it for us, but I noticed the decrease in Specialty dinners on first read!

Two Pinnacle Dinners and One Canaletto Dinner included pp.

3 shore excursions (up to $100 per tour) pp

We used FCC and military credit was added.  We ended up with $650 OBC and we hope CCL shareholder will still be available.

Premium internet and Gratuities included at this time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Well, the "Best Price" is specified NON-refundable, while no mention on the HIA, so presumably HIA remains refundable. I would and will ask my PCC of course!

Yeah, I called HAL and they said refundable. I am using FCD but under it is say restricted fare?  My agent is calling to get further info

• Like 1

Darn it!  We were all set to book the 25-day Greenland/Iceland cruise out of Boston for the 2024 summer.  Purchased an FCC while on board the Koningsdam last month to be ready when it was released.

Hubby saw this yesterday and now wants to do this instead!

Does anyone know if we can transfer the FCC from a proposed cruise to a different one?  Currently at work, will call HAL when I get home.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Darn it!  We were all set to book the 25-day Greenland/Iceland cruise out of Boston for the 2024 summer.  Purchased an FCC while on board the Koningsdam last month to be ready when it was released.

Does anyone know if we can transfer the FCC from a proposed cruise to a different one?  Currently at work, will call HAL when I get home.

FCD bookings are usually fully refundable.  It may just be easier to call and have them switch it for you then cancelling, waiting and booking

2 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Did you see when the ship is in Nome, Alaska, June 21, 2024, the longest daylight of the year. Wear your sunglasses to bed. 😎

Nome was on the itinerary for the Massdam July 2019. We sailed the two days north from Dutch Harbor. At Nome it was too windy and rough to tender so we sailed back south in grey weather. From what we could see it is very flat around Nome and the port is exposed  to weather. I say I went to "Nearly Nome". It was disappointing as there is nothing to see on the way. Maybe the Westerdam will be lucky. We had a beautiful day at Dutch Harbor where the weather can be bad.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

I agree! This may be a one-and-done itinerary! I would even consider switching from So.Pacific cruise to this one, if we can't do both.

1 hour ago, ScottishMaid said:

Nome was on the itinerary for the Massdam July 2019. We sailed the two days north from Dutch Harbor. At Nome it was too windy and rough to tender so we sailed back south in grey weather. From what we could see it is very flat around Nome and the port is exposed  to weather. I say I went to "Nearly Nome". It was disappointing as there is nothing to see on the way. Maybe the Westerdam will be lucky. We had a beautiful day at Dutch Harbor where the weather can be bad.

It’s too bad you couldn’t get in. They have the *best* Eggs Benedict in the world there. 

I mean, everyone knows there’s no place like Nome for the Hollandaise. 

Edited by VibeGuy
  • Haha 9

14 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Ok, Ruth, don’t take the very best inside cabin - that one is for me😁

I checked a few minutes ago, and the cabin I want to book is open. If someone else grabs it before I can contact my TA, there are plenty more open, too. 
I just hope I'm still able to cruise two years from now! Something to stay healthy for here! 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I visited Nome on the Crystal Serenity Northwest Passage cruise in 2016.  FWIW, here's my blog post for that day.  I sure Westerdam is able to get there:

https://aroundamericabitbybit.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/day-cs5-sunday-august-21-nome-alaska/

This is definitely on my radar.

Roy

The french fries looked delicious..

• Like 1

I'm impressed!   I missed out on the Maasdam's 21 day cruise in 2019, and it seemed like Holland was never going to try something like this again.  President Gus Antorcha did say HAL would return to one of its strengths, i.e, the longer exotic itineraries many of us like.  The fare, nearly $200 pp per day inside, is pretty dear for us.  Of course, final payment is a long way off.  Love Ruth's comment, something to stay healthy for!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Two Pinnacle Dinners and One Canaletto Dinner included pp.

3 shore excursions (up to $100 per tour) pp

We used FCC and military credit was added.  We ended up with $650 OBC and we hope CCL shareholder will still be available.

Premium internet and Gratuities included at this time.

How do you get the Military Credit added?  My husband has been verified but it doesn't look like it was added.  Is there something special that my TA needs to do?

11 hours ago, iceman93 said:

Thanks to the OP for the heads-up on this.  Just booked a PS for this amazing itinerary, which I wouldn't have even known about otherwise!

I just booked a cruise on Wednesday and when on HAL website this wasn't listed.  I checked again Thursday and saw some summer 2024 cruises listed - and this cruise was interesting to me, so I knew others would be interested.  I'm just a bit jealous of those that have the time to these kind of trips.  I can't wait to retire!

• Like 3