Best Sale Ever Returns

Shelly97060

16 hours ago, dog said:

Don’t know yet.  Prices went up for cruise I was looking at.

Hi.  We were posting about some odd CAD faring yesterday.  I am not looking to book anything, but did look at SUN pricing for 2024 that had been released.  I notice those voyages are not covered by B.S.E.  But I do see the pricing "behaving" this morning in terms of CAD/USD and the three fare packages.  Exactly $60 USD/day equivalent for Plus upcharge and another $20 USD/day equivalent for Premier.

I then looked at a 10-nighter in Caribbean for Winter 2024 and that was covered by B.S.E.  Again, the CAD pricing made sense and corresponded to the USD using the 1.35 factor in play at this time. 

IDK whether prices up or down, but list price for a good Inside for 10-nighter in the Caribbean (which is what I would choose were we booking), was about $115 USD/night before port taxes, and that doesn't seem outrageous.  It would be much closer to $100 with our TA discount.  Considering inflation and such, not terrible. 

Hope you find something good.  

Edited by Steelers36

25 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

I must have encountered a glitch on the site right after the released the sale, now it's even more expensive.

Same thing happened to me. When I first looked at the sale my booking was $1,000 less so I called TA right away.  While I was on hold as she was talking to Princess my screen did an auto refresh and a new and more expensive pricing came up. 

Edited by Italy52
  • Like 1

Drink prices limits on the Plus package just went up to $15.00, and Premium to $20.0 per drink, I can only assume that means the drink price onboard will be going up too..

So even if you don't take the Plus we'll all be paying for it anyway in the form of new higher onboard pricing 

52 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Same thing happened to me. When I first looked at the sale my booking was $1,000 less so I called TA right away.  While I was on hold as she was talking to Princess my screen did an auto refresh and a new and more expensive pricing came up. 

Word to the Wise.  If you see a fare, just book it online ASAP if you can and deal with TA or CVP later.

6 minutes ago, dog said:

Wanted to use my FCD but Celebrity is calling me with better prices.

We jumped ship to Celebrity when the Princess 2024 Alaska bookings came out.  Found a great itinerary for us, for a good price.  Have sailed with Celebrity before  and enjoyed our experience so it wasn't hard for us to switch.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

It’s a bit of work to see the prices without the packages now. I have go through to stateroom type selection to see a standard price. -unless I’m missing something. For those of us who don’t want the packages it’s pretty annoying.

Right, when you first see results for a search there is a button at the top for Std or Plus. I was expecting to be given the Std - Plus choice later in the process.

BTW on our 12 day cruise went up $358 then added $1440 for BSE, so no benefit for us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

My fare was already booked --- I was looking to refare.

I was looking to do the same, and looking to book on the site at 1am.  I kept getting the 'Not able to continue to the next step'.  I was so excited to get the trip $1000 cheaper too.  If the prices currently are the sale, then it's really not a sale.

2 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

I was looking to do the same, and looking to book on the site at 1am.  I kept getting the 'Not able to continue to the next step'.  I was so excited to get the trip $1000 cheaper too.  If the prices currently are the sale, then it's really not a sale.

Agree, definitely not a sale especially if the initial booking cost more after the sale pricing.

3 hours ago, wendellman said:

Not so Best Sale Ever. Our California Coastal we have booked on Discovery for April /23 with Princess Plus is $400 more under Best Sale Ever pricing. We'll do without the premium desserts and exercise classes!

The Plus price has gone up twice recently.  It used to be 40 pppd, then went to 50 pppd and now is 60 pppd with the only difference being the additives of exercise classes, premium desserts and unlimited juice bar. Even at 60, once you factor out the grats, you get the drinks package, wifi and desserts for 45.50 per day.  Well worth it for those that like to imbibe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Unless I'm not understanding things, Best Sale Ever is available for Alaska 2024.

It seems you can select both "standard" and "plus" fare options, but you'll get the same inclusions either way?

No, the standard is your basic no frills cruise only fare.  The plus is an additional 60 pppd and includes gratuities, drink package, wifi, premium desserts and exercise classes.  The premium is 80 pppd and includes even more.

PVP sent me email- she reduced fare by $100 pp & gave us $100 OBC each.

Did not contact her- never used her. when she sees I put cruise on hold she springs into action, never responded to my inquiries in past.

might be worth contacting your PVP?

3 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

BSE does not include 2024 cruises, so nothing here for me.

It may not apply although when I clicked through it took me to our Feb 2024 cruise - which is now $1,300 more than when we booked and $500 more than it was 3 weeks ago...

The title of the BSE sale says:

2022-2023 Cruise Deals & Special Promotions

Check out our collection of cruise deals! Narrow your search by destination, departure port, duration and more, and find the best cruise deal for your next vacation.

Best Sale Ever

Save up to 35%† on your cruise fare and get 7 Princess Perks^!

There is no better time to book your dream vacation than during our Best Sale Ever. You'll find some of our best fares as well as 7 Princess Perks with a value of over $950 per guest on a 7-day cruise.

Reserve now with only a $100 deposit1!

View Deals

When I looked at the Europe sailings that I am interested in for 2024, I see that the sale OBC is not included in these, so I thought that at least for Europe sailings they are not included at this point.  But now looking at 2024 Alaskan sailings, they do grant the sale OBC, so I am wrong, at least in part.  Maybe after the newness of the European listings wears out, they will also be included along the way.

Edited by Mud_Shark

I am on the fence, came here to read how other's with more experience w/Princess felt about the offerings today.    I had been waiting for the Europe 2024 to open up, as I wanted the British Isle itinerary where we can  see the Military Tattoo and get off in LeHavre, and don't see it on any other cruise line.   I expected the fares to be higher than 2023, but not this much higher.   

Also, the cruise package options appear for interior rooms, balconies, mini-suites and suites.   But, not for the obstructed view balconies.   

It would be my first Princess Cruise - so I don't know if this is normal or a glitch.   

image.png.c37540a6f42de17f40e817c065c8e6c9.png