Premium Wifi Upgrade Voucher

Sunshinehearts

Does anyone know how the Premium Wifi Upgrade Voucher works please? I purchased this and it said a price per package for full sailing through cruise planner.  The instructions are to take the voucher to redeem at the i lounge once on board. I thought that was the payment to upgrade the wifi to premium.

However when reading the description it indicates there is a price per day.  Does anyone know if by purchasing the voucher I have paid for the upgrade or will there be another cost for each day?  I’m not sure if these vouchers have been sold before.  Apologies if this is obvious I’m just not sure!

F6775968-E0A7-450E-87F3-504F8D2FC89A.png

Edited by Sunshinehearts

I did it yesterday.  I think this was a mistake on Celebritys end.  Hey if they catch it and adjust onboard to one day, I'll show my screenshots I took earlier.  If that doesn't work, I spent $4000 plus on this cruise.  $195 that I paid to upgrade 2 devices won't bankrupt me.

Screenshot_20221209_160236.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

I did it yesterday.  I think this was a mistake on Celebritys end.  Hey if they catch it and adjust onboard to one day, I'll show my screenshots I took earlier.  If that doesn't work, I spent $4000 plus on this cruise.  $195 that I paid to upgrade 2 devices won't bankrupt me.

Screenshot_20221209_160236.jpg

You got a better deal.   Mine is only a 4 night cruise 😂

• Haha 1

You are all kidding, right?  It clearly states that is it $9.99 per person per day. (A savings of 33%)

I am not sure how it could be any clearer.

Cutting out the details on the screenshot does not eliminate the details.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

If you add it to your cart, it shows the price as $9.99. They did not multiply by the number of days. Not sure how this will play out.

The description and the title differ, but the price is $9.99. If you bought it....let us know what happens!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

If you add it to your cart, it shows the price as $9.99. They did not multiply by the number of days. Not sure how this will play out.

The description and the title differ, but the price is $9.99. If you bought it....let us know what happens!

Which is why I think this was an error by Celebrity.  I don't see any voucher bar code on my "receipt".  There's no option to select multiple days.  The wording is package.  But we shall see.  

19 hours ago, jagoffee said:

You are all kidding, right?  It clearly states that is it $9.99 per person per day. (A savings of 33%)

I am not sure how it could be any clearer.

Cutting out the details on the screenshot does not eliminate the details.

It says 9.99 per package.  But if wrong, as I said, I'll pay difference onboard.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Glad it worked.  That option has, as expected, disappeared from the Cruise Planner.

Its still there for my sailings but not at any discount.  If you do not have any CC status (and therefore no internet discount) it's cheaper to buy just premium than it would be to buy basic plus the voucher

image.thumb.png.4a75647ea8cb08d3108a4d552e4d8abf.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Just a FYI...Timeline:

-Purchased premium internet well before the voucher came out

-Purchased the $9.95 voucher for all sailing long (for all my sailings)

-Called X to cancel and refund the premium internet meaning only voucher remained

-Upon boarding the ship, purchased the basic which did already include my CC Elite+ discount

-Voucher worked to upgrade to premium but did require a visit to iLounge which was hectic on embarkation day; probably could have been avoided if I had called X and purchased basic

• Like 1

Just now, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Nice of them to honor a pricing error on their website...

I saw the iLounge workers spreadsheet which lists internet purchased pre-sailing, it just says if you have the voucher or not.  On board they have no idea how much you paid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Earlier this week, on another forum someone from the Reflection was getting a lot of pushback.  They had purchased it for two different cruises on the Reflection this year (I don't think they are B2B).  They eventually agreed to allow the upgrade for the first cruise but warned they would not do the same on that person's next cruise.