Alcohol Free Drinks

Newbury newbie

13 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've no experience with the Martini Bar and alcohol-free gin, but there are non-alcoholic drinks and wine available onboard.  Monday makes an excellent alcohol-free gin and it would be interesting if they stocked it on board.  I'll ask the next time I'm onboard.

The last time I asked on board all they had was an O’Douls lager, which in reality was a 0.5% low alcohol lager (and not a true 0% alcohol free). That was a couple of years back and thought that they might have some 0% gin by now. 

Shouldn’t zero alcohol vodka be water?   

Gin is also nothing more than vodka infuse with Juniper Berries.   So it would be water infused with the berries.   

Get water and add lime, lemon, orange, tea, coffee and etc.    No alcohol 

A few of my relatives attend AA.   They won’t  drink any product that claims to be alcohol free such as beer and spirits because it still has alcohol traces.  

Just trying  to help.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

2 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

Is there an offering of 0% alcohol free drinks like wine and gin at Celebrity bars these days? In particular does the Martini bar stock an alcohol free gin? 

I have seen alcohol free wine, brand name is Fre iirc, but not alcohol free gin.  Did not even know they made an alcohol free gin. 

You can order most cocktails as mocktails, made without alcohol, at most bars.  I say most because I do not believe they are available at the World Class bar. 

2 hours ago, miched said:

Shouldn’t zero alcohol vodka be water?   

Gin is also nothing more than vodka infuse with Juniper Berries.   So it would be water infused with the berries.   

Get water and add lime, lemon, orange, tea, coffee and etc.    No alcohol 

A few of my relatives attend AA.   They won’t  drink any product that claims to be alcohol free such as beer and spirits because it still has alcohol traces.  

Just trying  to help.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Not quite sure why you would have thought this was trying to help? 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Newbury newbie said:

Not quite sure why you would have thought this was trying to help? 

Indeed.  As a recovering alcoholic we don't needs folks well intentioned or joking, suggesting what we drink in place of alcohol, we all know what our available options are.  I know they have zero alcohol wine, they kindly left a bottle in my suite on a recent cruise, I never touched it.  I also do not do "mocktails" nor do most folks I know who are in recovery, personally IMO, it defeats the purpose, but we each do us.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

Is there an offering of 0% alcohol free drinks like wine and gin at Celebrity bars these days? In particular does the Martini bar stock an alcohol free gin? 

I'm on Solstice now and checked -  No Non-Alcoholic Gin.

Wine - They have Fre by Sutter home in Bubbly, White, Rose and Red.  

Beer -   O'Doul's and Heiniken Zero.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Sorry, I d not know about alcohol-free gin. However, my cocktail of choice is a virgin mojito.  The bartender just leaves out the booze, no alcohol-free booze involved.

I had the virgin mojito on the Sillie T/A in October and really enjoyed it!! Someone posted a list of mocktails they had tried on Celebrity and posted their top 10 favorites. I took the list along and tried most of them. The bartenders and waiters got a kick out of my list. I liked pretty much all of them. But the non alcoholic Pina Colada was my favorite!

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if anyone has had Non-Alcoholic Gin.    Does it actually taste like Gin? 

I"m not a drinker and was wondering if it actually good or even similar.   Inquiring mind wants to know.

When you get home, order a bottle of Monday and give it a try.  It's been over forty years since I drank real gin, but I think Monday makes a very nice gin & tonic.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if anyone has had Non-Alcoholic Gin.    Does it actually taste like Gin? 

I"m not a drinker and was wondering if it actually good or even similar.   Inquiring mind wants to know.

0.0% Gin seems to be growing in the EU and UK. Big brands like Gordon’s and Tanqueray certainly have them. 
Myself, I’m a drinker,  and don’t see the point in them! But having tried some there is a resemblance and what you mix it with has a big say. 

This question has chimed with me because we have just [in the UK] discovered alcohol-free ciders and have been wondering if we can get these on board, and in the USA. We think that we may have a language issue trying to find out. What we call cider, our American cousins call hard cider. What they call cider, we call apple juice. What would Americans call alcohol-free cider or does the language problem mean it will never be available in the States?

9 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

0.0% Gin seems to be growing in the EU and UK. Big brands like Gordon’s and Tanqueray certainly have them. 
Myself, I’m a drinker,  and don’t see the point in them! But having tried some there is a resemblance and what you mix it with has a big say. 

I'd really like to try the 0% Gin. We are beer/wine drinkers with about the only mixed drink choice being Gin and Tonic (especially before dinner or in hot weather). I actually am content with just tonic water as a drink, but if I could get that 'gin' taste in there that would be nice.

We are 'drinkers' in that we still drink, but appreciate non-alcoholic options to alternate or replace drinks when on holiday and drinking more (and our tolerance continues to erode with age .....)

6 hours ago, rodndonna said:

I'd really like to try the 0% Gin. We are beer/wine drinkers with about the only mixed drink choice being Gin and Tonic (especially before dinner or in hot weather). I actually am content with just tonic water as a drink, but if I could get that 'gin' taste in there that would be nice.

We are 'drinkers' in that we still drink, but appreciate non-alcoholic options to alternate or replace drinks when on holiday and drinking more (and our tolerance continues to erode with age .....)

My wife says it’s passable (if you can’t have the real thing)!!

• Like 2