Do any Celebrity ships have solo cabins?

NCteacherlovescruising

Edge class has solo staterooms with Infinite Veranda. They are super nice!! AND best of all you're not stuck inside like in the what look like padded cells on NCL.

edit to add: BUT if the rest of you are in Aqua (I think you're one who's going to be in Aqua soon), the solo will not be allowed to join you in Blu and would have to buy a thermal spa pass to join you there. The solo IVs are great, but they're "commoner" (per a lot on here) cabins with no access to things Suite or Aqua Class.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Edge class has solo staterooms with Infinite Veranda. They are super nice!! AND best of all you're not stuck inside like in the what look like padded cells on NCL.

edit to add: BUT if the rest of you are in Aqua (I think you're one who's going to be in Aqua soon), the solo will not be allowed to join you in Blu and would have to buy a thermal spa pass to join you there. The solo IVs are great, but they're "commoner" (per a lot on here) cabins with no access to things Suite or Aqua Class.

They don't want Aqua or suites.  They said this cruise is about the itinerary, not the ship, and aren't interested in paying for anything extra.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We're planning a group trip and one of our friends will be traveling solo.  Do any Celebrity ships offer solo cabins?  I know some NCL ships do.

As a solo cruiser, I focus less on whether a ship has solo cabins and more on what my chosen cabin(s) offer and how much they are.  Any cabin can be a solo cabin if there's only one person there.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

They don't want Aqua or suites.  They said this cruise is about the itinerary, not the ship, and aren't interested in paying for anything extra.  

If it's on an Edge class ship, there are solo options.

The others I don't think have official solo cabins.

2 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I assumed they would be cheaper.

Not always.  I've checked on NCL, and sometimes a regular interior is less expensive than one of their solo interiors.

Also, on lines other than NCL, there's only a few solo-designated cabins, so they tend to go quickly.

The solo cabins are somewhat cheaper than the price they charge for a single occupancy of a two person cabin.  

But it is complicated. Usually they charge a single person double the single rate if they are occupying a two-person cabin by themselves.  But not always. Sometimes they offer specials where a single occupant pays 150%, not 200%. And those specials are often capacity controlled so they may offer it for one or two rooms on the ship but then from then on it goes back up to the regular rate.

The single occupancy Cabins have their own complicated rate structures, but keep in mind that they are smaller rooms.

You will find that you will probably need to do a mock booking for each kind of room to see how they compare 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Sometimes they offer specials where a single occupant pays 150%, not 200%.

And sometimes, they offer deals with 0% Single Supplement!! Like I got for my cruise in January...booked it this past August...

Unfortunately sometimes solo rates are more than 200%!  Just priced  Jan MX Riviera cruise balcony $ 500/pp double ,solo$1250

inside $269/pp, $745 solo

that’s why my friend never look to Celebrity for solo rates and stick with NCL

12 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

I was pricing inside cabins on Silhouette for an Easter cruise and saw some. Better location, I guess, but no savings. 49158998_ScreenShot2022-12-14at9_49_45AM.thumb.png.e917b964ff1c7eae85190fcc2bcba3ee.png

This appears to be a cruise offering a cabin with a $0 supplement. Even on other categories of cabins.

9 hours ago, wen_c82 said:

Unfortunately sometimes solo rates are more than 200%!  Just priced  Jan MX Riviera cruise balcony $ 500/pp double ,solo$1250

Why wouldn’t you friend look for a Celebrity cruise with $0 solo supplement?

13 hours ago, jagoffee said:

This appears to be a cruise offering a cabin with a $0 supplement. Even on other categories of cabins.

I don't see how it is a $0 supplement. $629 avg/person compared to $312 avg/person. Seems like > 100%.

And don't even discuss the AI package! The single cabin would pay double for that too! Makes no sense.Screen-Shot-2022-12-15-at-11-39-42-AM.thumb.png.b4d13078ce74a45212215df38d21a9a7.png

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

1 hour ago, cyntil8ing said:

I don't see how it is a $0 supplement. $629 avg/person compared to $312 avg/person. Seems like > 100%.

And don't even discuss the AI package! The single cabin would pay double for that too! Makes no sense.Screen-Shot-2022-12-15-at-11-39-42-AM.thumb.png.b4d13078ce74a45212215df38d21a9a7.png

You are right and I was wrong, I obviously was confused yesterday.

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I've never traveled solo so I have never heard of this.  How can you tell when that's available?

I have seen a list in another thread, but I suspect they are difficult to find.  And they are not consistent..  

On 12/14/2022 at 10:02 AM, wen_c82 said:

I had the same experience hoping to book a January Mexican Riviera cruise. This is not the first time I've had this happen, something that hasn't ever happened for me on other cruise lines. 

I'm a solo sailor so I follow this topic pretty closely.  As has been pointed out above there are Edge Solo cabins on Edge class ships and a few solo cabins on Silhouette. Most of the time solo sailors just have to pay a supplement.  Last summer Celebrity ran a zero single supplement sale that a lot of us took advantage of. I'm hoping they will do so again in the future.  Long time Celebrity sailors said the solo sale was an anomaly so they may have run it to help raise occupancy rates on their ships. On my other cruises I have booked I just reserved the cheapest inside cabin and paid 200% of the double occupancy rate. I'm not in the cabin enough to care about it, the ship and the itinerary are the most important thing for me.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 7:32 PM, jagoffee said:

Why wouldn’t you friend look for a Celebrity cruise with $0 solo supplement?

I think Celebrity offers fewer less than 100% solo supplement comparing to NCL except this past summer. She is also discouraged by more than 100% solo supplement. 

• Like 1

The Silhouette added 4 true solo cabins when the ship was revolutionized.  The cabins are inside on deck 9 and barely 100 square feet.  I have never seen a review on CC by someone who has experienced this cabin.  It seems like it would be claustrophobic to me.  Conversely, I have sailed in the solo infinite verandas on the Edge class ships and really enjoy them.  The floor to ceiling window/IV make the room seem larger.  Unfortunately, in lieu of the special announcement from Celebrity on a solo sailing deal, you pretty much have to do a mock booking to find the discounts.

• Like 1