Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

With every new detail surfacing, I feel more happy with being on deck 11.

You hardly ever go wrong with a stateroom on a deck somewhere up and between.

I might try the Infinity thing. They have that on Burj Khalifa, it's a thrill.

My first reaction was "ugh I've always loved that Princess didn't waste prime pool & lounger space on this type of stuff" but some of the stuff looks like it could be fun.  The glider and infinite horizon especially.

Sorry if this has been addressed but is this in addition to, or in place of the traditional basketball/pickleball courts?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, PMGS247 said:

Sorry if this has been addressed but is this in addition to, or in place of the traditional basketball/pickleball courts?

That was one of the questions asked at around 58 minutes in on the Princess Webinar today - they said they have been focussing on these larger infrastructure pieces first and haven't mapped out where the basketball and pickleball courts will go yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Interesting what is going on with the lines.  Princess seems to be positioning itself between Royal Caribbean and Celebrity with ships smaller than RC but larger than Celebrity.  Still more adult focused than RC, but more family focused than Celebrity.  Adding in the more class structure of Celebrity compared with what Princess has been in the past. 

I’m booked, interested to see how it will be. Haven’t sailed with Princess since Regal first sailed out of Fort Lauderdale. And only have been on one cruise between when Symphony came to Miami. I can tell you, not a huge fan of the mega ships. Loved the Regal. 

31 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Wanted to try the Sun next summer but it says that deposits are nonrefundable. I tried under both Standard and Plus and with different cabin types. 

You’re right.  I wonder when they changed that?

The TA is still fully refundable and the Caribbean ones in the fall/winter are fully refundable deposits.

If you have a TA/CVP, I’d check with them tomorrow and see if it’s another IT error or if it’s correct?

It is strange because you choose or Princess chooses the cabin and both are non refundable deposits.  

I didn’t check every sailing, just picked out a sample of them for the summer.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

It changed today (June 15th) because I was looking at them yesterday and they were refundable deposits as long as I chose Plus. Today it says nonrefundable deposits for that. I am looking at the 2024 May and June Med sailings on Sun. 

And I have already been wondering what they would do with all the highest decks. Now it´s clear.

Now wondering if that will be an overall upscale experience or more like RCL. I did AnthemOTS once, and it was horrible.

Howeever, I have a feeling I will love my stateroom.

Edited by Nemanoxer
  • Like 2

I will likely not utilize any of the new Park19 features, however I am happy that Princess did include one feature that is ADA accessible.  I would not have been able to utilize those types of features on Royal, NCL or Carnival if I wanted to.

I decided to go with Sun Princess as I felt that the new ship had a lot to offer for a Med cruise in early April.   I want to see the dome area and I’m hoping that the evening shows there are interesting.  I also like the new design of the piazza as I found on the Sky that sometimes it was hard to find a seat.  There seem to be more dining options on the Sun.  The new stateroom designs are my favorite feature.

While the pools are smaller and I might not pick Sun Princess for a Caribbean cruise with a lot of sea days for this cruise, it was exactly what I was looking for.

19 minutes ago, c-boy said:

ya know, I had a passing thought. This/these larger ships with more decks and seating areas, will make it hard on the duck hunters. 🤨

But…you’ll have younger duck hunters!
They can handle it!

😂

44 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

The April Med. cruise we were looking at is refundible, if you 'choose your cabin'.

But non-refundable if you book GTY.

Did you book yet?

Seems they recently changed this.

I just looked at Apr 8, 17 & 27 and I couldn’t find any refundable deposits.

That’s what @rocklinmomis trying to alert us.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Hello,

Yes, I pulled one up on my screen to re-check.

April 27 - 7 day,  Balcony (deluxe) showing fully refundable when you CHOOSE A ROOM NOW.

Are you, maybe, looking at a lead-in, lowest level in a category, that we have seen mentioned where they only book as GTY?

Nope.  I checked the same as you did,

Deluxe Balcony Apr 27, 7 night.  Midship, etc.  Non refundable deposit. Not

signed in and signed in as Elite and makes no difference.  I tried on several cruises in Europe interior to Suites and all non refundable deposits.  Crazy.

I don’t understand why we are showing different deposit info.  I was just trying to help another CC member.  I give up.

19 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Wanted to try the Sun next summer but it says that deposits are nonrefundable. I tried under both Standard and Plus and with different cabin types. 

There is a refundable deposit option under the standard public fare.  I had my PCC book my family under that but it was $100 more pp.  Worth it for now and I will watch for future sales.  Not expecting any since we are booked on the June 8, 2024 (7 day) sailing which is the middle leg of back to back options that I see roll calls for.  For that reason I didn't want to miss out on side by side balconies....

I am now focusing on June 2024 Med cruises on the Sun and it is still showing as nonrefundable deposits no matter whether I choose Standard or Plus, with any cabin type, and whether I am logged in or not. I think Princess is trying to drive me crazy!