Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

4 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Since I don't see an answer to your question, I thought that I would let you know that the Majestic does not have a Retreat pool as they have an indoor pool there.  It is really nice if you are on an Alaska cruise, for instance, to have an indoor pool.

That was one of the primary reasons we decided on the Majestic for our 14 days in Alaska over May & June.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 4:16 PM, mlmbar said:

We are category CA. Reserve cabana. We get access to the Reserve restaurant. I am as confused as anyone else lol. 

Did you see the deck plan that they just posted here (on the digital brochure)?  It doesn't say CA is a Reserve Cabana.  I realized that in fact is the room we got from the Princess Future Cruise consultant.  Then when I got home and studied the floor plans, it didn't say Reserve Cabana.  I don't know for sure, but you should see if you can find anyone who does. We decided to get a room that said Reserve so we wouldn't get a rude surprise when we got onboard! The floor plans say only deck 9 C1 and C2 are Reserve Cabana rooms, though there are also some Reserve Mini-suites M1 and M2.  There are enough of those Reserve cabins to fill a Reserve restaurant I believe.

18 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Did you see the deck plan that they just posted here (on the digital brochure)?  It doesn't say CA is a Reserve Cabana.  I realized that in fact is the room we got from the Princess Future Cruise consultant.  Then when I got home and studied the floor plans, it didn't say Reserve Cabana.  I don't know for sure, but you should see if you can find anyone who does. We decided to get a room that said Reserve so we wouldn't get a rude surprise when we got onboard! The floor plans say only deck 9 C1 and C2 are Reserve Cabana rooms, though there are also some Reserve Mini-suites M1 and M2.  There are enough of those Reserve cabins to fill a Reserve restaurant I believe.

I am totally confused with this "reserve vs cabana mini suite"  All I know is I did read that the reserve ones on deck 9 are not that isolated because people going to  to cabana deck pass by there. I found this write up   

Category: Category CA - Cabana Mini Suite
Description:

The Cabana stateroom features a balcony, a private cabana, unique outdoor furniture and an extra-large private lounge space that lets you take in the fresh sea air. Unwind inside with a separate sitting area with sofa bed and premium bathroom amenities. Enjoy Reserve Collection upgrades on select Cabana Mini-Suites. In addition to the great amenities found in all Cabana Mini-Suites, you will receive Reserve Collection upgrades, including access to the Reserve Collection Restaurant.

I have seen on a number of descriptions and from my  CVP that we have access to Reserve  Collection Restaurant. I also read that it is not a separate restaurant but rather a section of MDR. If that is the case, we really don't care because we seldom eat in the MDR

14 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

I am totally confused with this "reserve vs cabana mini suite"  All I know is I did read that the reserve ones on deck 9 are not that isolated because people going to  to cabana deck pass by there. I found this write up   

Category: Category CA - Cabana Mini Suite
Description:

The Cabana stateroom features a balcony, a private cabana, unique outdoor furniture and an extra-large private lounge space that lets you take in the fresh sea air. Unwind inside with a separate sitting area with sofa bed and premium bathroom amenities. Enjoy Reserve Collection upgrades on select Cabana Mini-Suites. In addition to the great amenities found in all Cabana Mini-Suites, you will receive Reserve Collection upgrades, including access to the Reserve Collection Restaurant.

I have seen on a number of descriptions and from my  CVP that we have access to Reserve  Collection Restaurant. I also read that it is not a separate restaurant but rather a section of MDR. If that is the case, we really don't care because we seldom eat in the MDR

I'm thinking the Reserve Collection is the new name for the Club Class rooms.  These rooms have a separate dining area in the MDR and also suite amenities like priority boarding.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I'm thinking the Reserve Collection is the new name for the Club Class rooms.  These rooms have a separate dining area in the MDR and also suite amenities like priority boarding.  

That seems what I have read.  Honestly, those amenities are not important. Mainly interested to the cabana in the mini suite and access to the cabana deck.  LOL Becoming clearer and then it will probably change. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Category CA - Cabana Mini Suite

I think that the key sentence is:  "Enjoy Reserve Collection upgrades on select Cabana Mini-Suites" and the "select Cabana mini-suites" referred to are only the ones that say Reserve.  We spent days agonizing over the wording and the deck plans.  This is just the conclusion we came to.

I also did not want one of the rooms that have the cabana deck outside of them, but there are rooms fore and aft of those that are Reserve Cabanas but have private balconies.  If you look at the floor plan, the Reserve Restaurant is a completely separate restaurant from what I can see.  We also seldom eat at the MDR, but did enjoy eating at Club Class several times during one cruise when we had Club Class. Like you, access to the Reserve Cabana deck was more important, but it does say "Reserve" so I think you have to have a Reserve room.

I don't think that even Princess personnel know all the ins and outs of this new ship because the Future Cruise guy sure did not! And your CVP may not either. 

But as long as you won't be heartbroken that you don't get Reserve benefits, then that's good.  We decided that if we were paying that much for those rooms, we wanted to guarantee that we got the Reserve benefits.

Edited by Mary Ann 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

I think that the key sentence is:  "Enjoy Reserve Collection upgrades on select Cabana Mini-Suites" and the "select Cabana mini-suites" referred to are only the ones that say Reserve.  We spent days agonizing over the wording and the deck plans.  This is just the conclusion we came to.

I also did not want one of the rooms that have the cabana deck outside of them, but there are rooms fore and aft of those that are Reserve Cabanas but have private balconies.  If you look at the floor plan, the Reserve Restaurant is a completely separate restaurant from what I can see.  We also seldom eat at the MDR, but did enjoy eating at Club Class several times during one cruise when we had Club Class. Like you, access to the Reserve Cabana deck was more important, but it does say "Reserve" so I think you have to have a Reserve room.

I don't think that even Princess personnel know all the ins and outs of this new ship because the Future Cruise guy sure did not! And your CVP may not either. 

But as long as you won't be heartbroken that you don't get Reserve benefits, then that's good.  We decided that if we were paying that much for those rooms, we wanted to guarantee that we got the Reserve benefits.

I am glad we had this discussion because you have cleared things up for me. I think this is all a learning curve. I have a call in to my CVP because we are interested in upgrading. For the amount it costs, it is worth it to have the other amenities. Go big or stay home! LOL  My only concern is that all I see are guaranteed cabins and I have never done that on any cruiseline. I am wondering if we can keep the same cabin since the upgrade is just amenities 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Since I don't see an answer to your question, I thought that I would let you know that the Majestic does not have a Retreat pool as they have an indoor pool there.  It is really nice if you are on an Alaska cruise, for instance, to have an indoor pool.

So to be clear for me, the Sky and the Enchanted have the retreat area with the cabins, but the Majestic does not, and instead has an indoor pool in that location?  Is that right?  Just trying to make sure when I'm looking at ships, I know which has which.  

56 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

I am glad we had this discussion because you have cleared things up for me. I think this is all a learning curve. I have a call in to my CVP because we are interested in upgrading. For the amount it costs, it is worth it to have the other amenities. Go big or stay home! LOL  My only concern is that all I see are guaranteed cabins and I have never done that on any cruiseline. I am wondering if we can keep the same cabin since the upgrade is just amenities 

It said only guaranteed cabins when I booked my cabin also.  The travel agent offered me three different cabins to choose from.  The online booking is not working the same anymore and not really showing what truly is available. I'm guessing that just like you can't add Club Class amenities to a non Club Class mini suite that you can't add the Reserve amenities.  Hopefully your CVP will be able to switch you to an available Reserve Cabana!  Fingers crossed for you!! I was totally in your shoes six weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

So to be clear for me, the Sky and the Enchanted have the retreat area with the cabins, but the Majestic does not, and instead has an indoor pool in that location?  Is that right?  Just trying to make sure when I'm looking at ships, I know which has which.  

That's correct - Majestic has an indoor pool and no surrounding cabins, Sky, Enchanted and Discovery have a retreat area with surrounding cabins. Majestic has a complimentary Conservatory relaxation area and the others have the fee-paying Sanctuary leading off from the pool. 

Edited by dides
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

The picture is from this website.

Majestic Princess Sun Deck Plans (cruisedeckplans.com)

MajSun-37623-1629816181.webp

• Like 3

Medallion App question pertaining to Sun Princess

- our Medallion App won’t load properly (error message) and therefore, we can not see our Personal Information and Documents.  I have read this is a common problem with Sun Princess. We try used the web version and that won’t work either. I have contact Princess several times in the past 5 months and all they say is that there working on it. 

So my question is, is anyone able to log in using there Medallion App and see all there information on there upcoming Sun Princess cruise for next year?

IMG_0380.png

Edited by DHP1

10 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

It said only guaranteed cabins when I booked my cabin also.  The travel agent offered me three different cabins to choose from.  The online booking is not working the same anymore and not really showing what truly is available. I'm

10 hours ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

It said only guaranteed cabins when I booked my cabin also.  The travel agent offered me three different cabins to choose from.  The online booking is not working the same anymore and not really showing what truly is available. I'm guessing that just like you can't add Club Class amenities to a non Club Class mini suite that you can't add the Reserve amenities.  Hopefully your CVP will be able to switch you to an available Reserve Cabana!  Fingers crossed for you!! I was totally in your shoes six weeks ago.

guessing that just like you can't add Club Class amenities to a non Club Class mini suite that you can't add the Reserve amenities.  Hopefully your CVP will be able to switch you to an available Reserve Cabana!  Fingers crossed for you!! I was totally in your shoes six weeks ago.

Rebooked with reserve so it is all set. Thanks so much for all of your help!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlmbar said:

Rebooked with reserve so it is all set. Thanks so much for all of your help!!! 

You are so welcome!  After our mis-booking by the Future Cruise Consultant and our resultant lost onboard credit, I sure don't want anyone else to have to experience that.  I am so glad that they had a cabin you could book (not a guarantee).  Now we all just have to wait about a year or more to get to experience our wonderful cruise on the Sun Princess!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DHP1 said:

So my question is, is anyone able to log in using there Medallion App and see all there information on there upcoming Sun Princess cruise for next year?

No! The cruise does not even show up on the App. Even after I enter my booking number I get “No Booking Number Found”. 

23 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

No! The cruise does not even show up on the App. Even after I enter my booking number I get “No Booking Number Found”. 

Before I even had my confirmation email, my Sun cruise was on the app

23 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

That’s odd. Is it because I have a prior cruise? 

I don't think so because I have a cruise on Sky in March2024. Did you look on your profile at the right bottom? I clicked on that and on the profile page I have two squares with each of my cruises  When I click on each one, my cruises show up   But when I click on Ocean Ready I still get that message that says there seems to be an issue with service for my Sun cruise

3 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

I don't think so because I have a cruise on Sky in March2024. Did you look on your profile at the right bottom? I clicked on that and on the profile page I have two squares with each of my cruises  When I click on each one, my cruises show up   But when I click on Ocean Ready I still get that message that says there seems to be an issue with service for my Sun cruise

THANK YOU! That worked but I get this:

IMG_4104.png