When did the price of the Specialty Restaurants go up?

canadarocks

59 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Just went to change the date of a Specialty Restaurant reservation in February and discovered that Sabatini's Trattoria is now $35 and Crown Grill & Bistro Sur La Mer are $39. That's quite the increase from $25 & $29! 

Just keep the res and change it on board.

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

Just went to change the date of a Specialty Restaurant reservation in February and discovered that Sabatini's Trattoria is now $35 and Crown Grill & Bistro Sur La Mer are $39. That's quite the increase from $25 & $29! 

Dec 14th. 

• Thanks 1

Even with those price increases it’s still a bargain in comparison to Celebrity where the Italian restaurant is $55 and steak restaurant is $60…add an automatic 18% tip to both restaurants.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Even with those price increases it’s still a bargain in comparison to Celebrity where the Italian restaurant is $55 and steak restaurant is $60…add an automatic 18% tip to both restaurants.

Quality and selection is also better on Celebrity, so it isn't that outlandish. Princess isn't know for the highest quality food, while Celebrity is rated higher. 

6 Best Italian Restaurants on Cruises   https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1947

6 Best Cruise Ship Steakhouses  https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1942

Edited by sloopsailor

In the Princess (Medallion) app, now when I go to make a reservation at Crown Grill on my May 27, 2023 Grand Princess Alaska cruise, the price per person is listed as $52.65 (almost double from the previous $29 per person). We definitely will not be giving them that. I can handle the price going up to $39.00 but $52.65 - nope. I can only assume it is because it is 'Alaska' and we are just fine with the main dining room food/experience. We have dined many times in Crown Grill on previous cruises.

• Like 2

At some point one must think these prices will have a negative effect on the specialty restaurants.

Back when they were considerably less expensive, it was nice to have a special experience for a meal or two , now that ship has sailed, no pun intended.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

Quality and selection is also better on Celebrity, so it isn't that outlandish. Princess isn't know for the highest quality food, while Celebrity is rated higher. 

6 Best Italian Restaurants on Cruises   https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1947

6 Best Cruise Ship Steakhouses  https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1942

In my opinion X's Tuscan Grille was a slight step up but certainly not worth nearly twice as much as Sabatini's. I felt the same way about all of the Celebrity food...not any better than on Princess but as we know opinions about food are subjective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bagney said:

In the Princess (Medallion) app, now when I go to make a reservation at Crown Grill on my May 27, 2023 Grand Princess Alaska cruise, the price per person is listed as $52.65 (almost double from the previous $29 per person). We definitely will not be giving them that. I can handle the price going up to $39.00 but $52.65 - nope. I can only assume it is because it is 'Alaska' and we are just fine with the main dining room food/experience. We have dined many times in Crown Grill on previous cruises.

We have an Alaska cruise booked for August next year and I’m currently only showing $39 for the Crown Grill and $35 for Sabatini’s.  

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We have an Alaska cruise booked for August next year and I’m currently only showing $39 for the Crown Grill and $35 for Sabatini’s.  

I hopefully was able to upload a screen shot of our Alaskan cruise showing the $52.65 charge for the Crown Grill and $47.25 for Sabatini's.

IMG_0588.png

• Like 1

We have booked 3 nights Crown Grill 1 night Sabatinis on an Aussie 5 night Grand Princess cruise January 2023 and the price quoted was $29 and $25 when we reserved the tables - we anticipate that will be the charge .

Will only book these now using OBC.  Done with unreasonable pricing upgrades.

For my September 2023 & my March 2024 cruises Crown Grill at $39pp & Sabatinis at $35pp. In app.

So that must be US dollars., right?

Edited by dog

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That looks more like CAD to me, not US.

That may be it but not sure why other it being a “glitch” in the “funky” app. I live in the US and have booked in US dollars. All my other cruises I have booked show $39 for Crown Grill and $35 for Sabatini’s. 

Edited by bagney
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, bagney said:

That may be it but not sure why other it being a “glitch” in the “funky” app. I live in the US and have booked in US dollars. All my other cruises I have booked show $39 for Crown Grill and $35 for Sabatini’s. 

Sounds like this booking needs to be corrected, if you’re still showing the wrong pricing.

You could call and select the App team option or send an email to the IT team.  Be sure to include your full name, ship and sail date and booking number.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:21 PM, bagney said:

I hopefully was able to upload a screen shot of our Alaskan cruise showing the $52.65 charge for the Crown Grill and $47.25 for Sabatini's.

IMG_0588.png

Update: When I checked my Princess/Medallion app yesterday, these funky prices were gone and are now at the expected $39 for CG and $35 for Sabatini's. I never did get around to emailing/calling about it - the glitchy app fixed itself! 

• Like 1