Upgrading drink package

Taclin01

14 minutes ago, momofmab said:

How do you upgrade?  Can I do it through my cruise planner or do I have to wait until I am onboard?

You will need to call Celebrity directly to upgrade your drink package from Classic to Premium. They don’t have that option on the cruise planner. I called them last Sunday afternoon and was on hold for less than 10 minutes. You can do it on board also. It is believed by many on here that if you do it on board, the beverage staff member you do it with, receives the gratuity amount. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DoubleEntry said:

Isn't it the difference between the two packages?

Well I don’t drink alcohol so any time it’s included it’s too much $$ to me.  However IMO the cost of the drink packages is very expensive 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:32 AM, SeaWatch12 said:

. It is believed by many on here that if you do it on board, the beverage staff member you do it with, receives the gratuity amount

That's pretty significant.  Any wonder you're well taken care of for the duration of the cruise. 

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Well I don’t drink alcohol so any time it’s included it’s too much $$ to me.  However IMO the cost of the drink packages is very expensive 

The upgrade from classic to premium is $40/day that's $400 plus 20% for a 10 night cruise.  Who's gonna pay that?  I also read on a Facebook page that Kendall Jackson is part of the premium package? Why? That's a very basic wine.  

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The upgrade from classic to premium is $40/day that's $400 plus 20% for a 10 night cruise.  Who's gonna pay that?  I also read on a Facebook page that Kendall Jackson is part of the premium package? Why? That's a very basic wine.  

Weren’t people talking about Cherry Tart Pinot Noir?  Is that really any good?

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

It used to be $10, then $15, now $40 plus gratuity to upgrade from classic to premium?

Are you sure it is $40.00 per day?  It has always been the difference between the two packages. 

The new daily prices are $109.00 for Premium and $89.00 for Classic. Have you actually purchased the upgrade?

It would be $40.00 if you are upgrading for 2 people which may be required with the new drink Package requirements. 

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Weren’t people talking about Cherry Tart Pinot Noir?  Is that really any good?

The Cherry Tart has been replaced by Cherry pie which is not as good. Menu still lists Cherry Tart.  The Elegance by Celebrity is really good made by Kendall Jackson.  Its on premium. 

3 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Are you sure it is $40.00 per day?  It has always been the difference between the two packages. 

The new daily prices are $109.00 for Premium and $89.00 for Classic. Have you actually purchased the upgrade?

It would be $40.00 if you are upgrading for 2 people which may be required with the new drink Package requirements. 

I meant $40 from old price which until the 19th was $69/day per person.  

9 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

The new daily prices are $109.00 for Premium 

How can people drink this much?   Especially for 7-14 days straight.   I might have a beer at lunch and maybe a glass of wine with dinner.    On a really big day, maybe a cocktail after the show.   What am I up to?  $30-40 bucks or so? 

2 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

How can people drink this much?   Especially for 7-14 days straight.   I might have a beer at lunch and maybe a glass of wine with dinner.    On a really big day, maybe a cocktail after the show.   What am I up to?  $30-40 bucks or so? 

Consider it a “convenience” fee, much like the ridiculous fees charged by online ticket agencies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

Two Bailey's and coffee in the morning; two glasses of wine with lunch, afternoon cocktail or two; pre-dinner drink, two glasses of wine with dinner, and one or two Bailey's and coffee before bed time.  IT's easy to justify the cost. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Two Bailey's and coffee in the morning; two glasses of wine with lunch, afternoon cocktail or two; pre-dinner drink, two glasses of wine with dinner, and one or two Bailey's and coffee before bed time.  IT's easy to justify the cost. 

My mornings start with a mimosa covered by my Elite benefit some days will buy an Aspen coffee at Cafe El Bacio. Glass of wine with lunch. Early evening my Happy hour martini also covered by Elite. I have really good wine in my cabin which I take to dinner. Wouldn't come close to $109 per day. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

My mornings start with a mimosa covered by my Elite benefit some days will buy an Aspen coffee at Cafe El Bacio. Glass of wine with lunch. Early evening my Happy hour martini also covered by Elite. I have really good wine in my cabin which I take to dinner. Wouldn't come close to $109 per day. 

I agree and understand.  However, we've only booked suites for our last five cruises so there are frequent times that we stop in at the Retreat Lounge/Michael's club and have a drink. Or evenings when we just want to sit in the Ensemble Lounge and have a drink or two.   

I am not sure I would get the drink package if it were not "included" with our suite.  When we sail Royal Caribbean we also book suites and do not purchase the drink package.  Between our five drinks each anytime/most anywhere and drinks in the suite lounge we do not see the need for more than one or two additional cocktails.  

• Like 3