New MDR menus yet?

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You didn't say, "won't be offered everyday" in your post I responded to or I wouldn't have asked. I believe escargot will still be offered everyday but it will remain under the classics section (where it was on our March Explorer cruise) along with others possibly old favorite selections. The menu may also be different fleetwide. We have always found enough variety each evening not to get tired of the selections. Change isn't always the new and improved either. We'll decide for ourselves. 

Remember years ago when the snails were only offered during one of the nights or two?   And it was never a guarantee they would be offered at all.  Your bro was bummed....but now he is actually doing more shrimp cocktail after too many "meh-bad" snails in the last few months.  

MDR (IMHO) actually has more variety than CK or the specialty restaurants.  Like you...we don't go hungry.  😉 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

MDR (IMHO) actually has more variety than CK or the specialty restaurants.  Like you...we don't go hungry.  😉 

It has been our experience that if you are in the CK, or any venue for that matter, and there is something that is being served in the MDR that you want, they will get it for you if you ask.  Of course, tip generously if that happens.  No matter where we eat, we always check what is being served in the MDR so we don't miss anything.  I actually had baklava delivered to me in the CK.   

We were in the Hibachi one night on the Symphony and my granddaughter who hates any kind of seafood, she's actually allergic to much of it, had a JR's burger, fries and shake delivered to her in the Hibachi.  I don't think the same accommodations can't/won't be made in the CK.  

Keep in mind, I/we tip often and generously.  LOL

• Like 2

Just now, Ret MP said:

It has been our experience that if you are in the CK, or any venue for that matter, and there is something that is being served in the MDR that you want, they will get it for you if you ask.  Of course, tip generously if that happens.  No matter where we eat, we always check what is being served in the MDR so we don't miss anything.  I actually had baklava delivered to me in the CK.   

We were in the Hibachi one night on the Symphony and my granddaughter who hates any kind of seafood, she's actually allergic to much of it, had a JR's burger, fries and shake delivered to her in the Hibachi.  I don't think the same accommodations can't/won't be made in the CK.  

Keep in mind, I/we tip often and generously.  LOL

LOL...yes we tip quite generously also.   But we always seem to find something to eat in CK.   

Bucky will quite often wander into the WJ for some cookies or other chocolate goodies later though.  😉 

53 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I believe escargot will still be offered everyday but it will remain under the classics section (where it was on our March Explorer cruise) along with others possibly old favorite selections.

The new menu is supposed to be based on the current Symphony menu - the classics section is gone. About the only things available every night are the upcharge items and maybe the Ceasar salad.

Just now, island lady said:

LOL...yes we tip quite generously also.   But we always seem to find something to eat in CK.   

Bucky will quite often wander into the WJ for some cookies or other chocolate goodies later though.  😉 

I don't think I have ever gone by the WJ without stopping in to get some cookies.  After washy washy washy, of course.  

My first cruise on RCCL was on the Oasis in ~2019 and I was in a Grand Suite.  We found the CK by mistake, had no clue that it existed, along with the suite sun deck (but that's a whole other story for another time, thread).  So, after reading the sign on the wall about suite guests, we entered using our cards.  Went in, sat down, looked at the menu (this was lunch BTW), got up and walked out.  The menu and food was tooooooo fufu for us.  However, being the people we are, we though of giving it another chance on a subsequent cruise and different ship.  Glad we did.  Menu changed and the food is good, at least we think so.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

On days when the main courses do not appeal to me in CK, I have ordered the burger from the kids menu.  It's a regular sized burger and has been quite delicious.  

When I have not felt like a burger, the Spaghetti Bolognese from the kids menu was also very tasty. 

• Like 2

Just now, Biker19 said:

The new menu is supposed to be based on the current Symphony menu - the classics section is gone. About the only things available every night are the upcharge items and maybe the Ceasar salad.

Yup, "improvements" and "enhancements" most definitely code names for cost cutting.  😠

There goes my beloved classic Salmon and Bucky's Strip Streak.  😫

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

February on Harmony may be our last Royal Caribbean cruise if my wife cannot get her French Onion Soup.  I think she had it 10 of the 14 nights on our last cruises. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

On days when the main courses do not appeal to me in CK, I have ordered the burger from the kids menu.  It's a regular sized burger and has been quite delicious.  

When I have not felt like a burger, the Spaghetti Bolognese from the kids menu was also very tasty. 

Bucky enjoys the chicken fingers also.  😉 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I don't think I have ever gone by the WJ without stopping in to get some cookies.  After washy washy washy, of course.  

My first cruise on RCCL was on the Oasis in ~2019 and I was in a Grand Suite.  We found the CK by mistake, had no clue that it existed, along with the suite sun deck (but that's a whole other story for another time, thread).  So, after reading the sign on the wall about suite guests, we entered using our cards.  Went in, sat down, looked at the menu (this was lunch BTW), got up and walked out.  The menu and food was tooooooo fufu for us.  However, being the people we are, we though of giving it another chance on a subsequent cruise and different ship.  Glad we did.  Menu changed and the food is good, at least we think so.  

We just love the atmosphere and the quieter venue in CK.   Not to mention, they remember what your likes and tastes are.   Guess we are not that much of high end foodies.  😉 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I've heard/read from others that have done the same.  It's a good idea.

However, when my granddaughter says she wants a JR's burger, fries, and shake, she gets a JR' burger, fires, and shake.  I like to spoil my gkids.  It's called payback for my daughter(s).  I also like to feed them lots of candy when they come to visit at home.  Again, it's called payback.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

We'll adjust and I'm sure we'll still find something we like each evening. But we'll wait until the new menus are published fleetwide and we are actually having to make our selections, even if there isn't the good ole' classic standbys.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Remember years ago when the snails were only offered during one of the nights or two?   And it was never a guarantee they would be offered at all.  Your bro was bummed....but now he is actually doing more shrimp cocktail after too many "meh-bad" snails in the last few months.  

Yes I do. Agree, there are always plenty of selections to choose from, even when certain items show up every evening. Like Breakfast in the MDR. I remember when RC tried substituting scallops for snails. That didn't go over big with Kathy. She got shrimp cocktail instead.  Now don't screw with my Mac n Cheese from the kids menu! 🤣

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Anton said:

According to one cruise industry media subscription email this morning, they reached out to Vicki Freed over the weekend for an update and she said they should have the new menus rolled out fleetwide by the end of February and they continue to tweak them.

In other words:  They haven't made a final decision on what they think they can get away with.  They're still trying to come up with a way to tell us sheeple that it is better, more convenient, better quality, more sustainable in a way that we will believe them or accept their B.S. excuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I always order the sundae from the kids Menu in chops. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yes I do. Agree, there are always plenty of selections to choose from, even when certain items show up every evening. Like Breakfast in the MDR. I remember when RC tried substituting scallops for snails. That didn't go over big with Kathy. She got shrimp cocktail instead.  Now don't screw with my Mac n Cheese from the kids menu! 🤣

LOL...yes, we tried those subs of scallops for the snails....IMHO...yuck!  Nasty fishy!  🐟

Mac and cheese....yup Dave...just like your bro...chicken fingers (kids at heart).  😄 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

In other words:  They haven't made a final decision on what they think they can get away with.  They're still trying to come up with a way to tell us sheeple that it is better, more convenient, better quality, more sustainable in a way that we will believe them or accept their B.S. excuses.

🤣😅😂  Love it!! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Yes, that is my perception of it. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 2