Latitudes free dinner

OttawaJohn

6 hours ago, OttawaJohn said:

We just got off the Joy and had specialty dining package.  There was an upcharge at Cagney's for my wife when she got the surf and turf, due to the lobster addition.

But a standard filet doesn’t have an upcharge in Cagneys, La Cucina and Ocean Blue, so it is just Le Bistro where you have to pay extra to get filet.

The lobster upcharge has been around since they reintroduced lobster to the menus.

41 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

But a standard filet doesn’t have an upcharge in Cagneys, La Cucina and Ocean Blue, so it is just Le Bistro where you have to pay extra to get filet.

The lobster upcharge has been around since they reintroduced lobster to the menus.

I’m also wondering if the Le Bistro up charge has to do with the foie gras. If so, no problem for us- we ask for it without that! If anyone is currently on board, I’d love to know if there is no charge of ordering the filet without the goose! I will update next week if no relies, as we are sailing on Gem.

22 hours ago, DwayneG said:

My wife and I are both Platinum.  I know we get two vouchers.  We have a third person in our cabin who is a new cruiser.  Could my wife use one voucher and take our friend while i use the other voucher for just myself and all eat together for that meal?   Or would they count that as using two vouchers at the same restaurant?  I'm wondering if that might be allowed since neither of us individually are eating two meals in same restaurant.  I checked NCLs Latitudes FAQ, didn't see this addressed.  

This is an excellent question.  I don't know the answer to it, but do you also have the free at sea meals?  If yes, then you could use your free at sea meal.  Then you could use the 2nd voucher (and another free at sea dinner) at another restaurant and do the same thing 

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:32 PM, NJLVW said:

They can keep the foie gras as my DH won't want that...lol

Glad to see not on Cagney's menu and the upcharge for crab cakes did go away.

I found the menus on the ncl site. We have a cruise booked so when I go to explore dining when you look at the different restaurants there is a link for view menu. They are sample menus but all of them are now updated for 2023. Hmm may have to go to Cagney's 3 times and no LeBistro. lol

Thank you everyone.

We cruised breakaway January 8-15 and the 10.00 up charge was still on menu for crab cake. Take my word it was billed to us. (Only one person got it)

1 hour ago, takingthefam2cruz said:

What if you don't want their "free wine", can you use your voucher that says with wine at a restaurant that does not have a "free wine" list?

I think that Palomar is the only restaurant that does not have a free wine list (because they have their Sustainable wine list). 

1 minute ago, wibeachbum said:

Do the vouchers include gratuity?

You do not need to provide any additional tip (which are covered by the Daily Service Charges).  However, if you feel that your server provided excellent, timely, service, you may wish to add a tip.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 11:13 PM, cruisinmeme said:

We cruised breakaway January 8-15 and the 10.00 up charge was still on menu for crab cake. Take my word it was billed to us. (Only one person got it)

We ate at Cagney's 4 times on the Gem on our B2B between Jan. 25-Feb. 17, and there was no upcharge for the crab cake.  (Singular, one cake.)  I can't believe folks have been paying an upcharge for it; it was okay, but certainly not worth an upcharge.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 6:28 PM, BirdTravels said:

Don't forget your free bag of laundry. 

Bird, I have read on longer cruises you can get 2 bags of laundry each.
From your experience, if it's true, how many days does it kick in, will my upcoming 12 day get us 2 bags each?

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

From your experience, if it's true, how many days does it kick in, will my upcoming 12 day get us 2 bags each?

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

I do not know the answer to that. 

There's no answer, because there's no policy on this, it's not stated as a Lats benefit.  It's up to the discretion of the ship.  Three years ago, we did a 21-day cruise on the Gem from NY to San Fran.   We each got two bags of laundry, although I can't recall when we learned that we would.  I doubt 12 days will be enough; we just returned from B2B cruises (also on the Gem); the first was 12 days, the second was 11.  One laundry bag each (we're Sapphire) on each leg; two bags total for us on each leg was quite enough.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

14-day cruise last week on the Star, got two free bags as a platinum. Just a data point though, don't know about 12 days. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

14-day cruise last week on the Star, got two free bags as a platinum. Just a data point though, don't know about 12 days. 

How did you know that you got two bags?  Our recent ten day didn't even have any bags in the room and we had to ask for them.

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

How did you know that you got two bags?  Our recent ten day didn't even have any bags in the room and we had to ask for them.

It was mentioned at the Cruise Critic M&G by the Latitudes director. 

9 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

It was mentioned at the Cruise Critic M&G by the Latitudes director. 

any chance you could post a photo of the card handed out at the meet and greet with the various officer extension numbers

thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We ate at Cagney's 4 times on the Gem on our B2B between Jan. 25-Feb. 17, and there was no upcharge for the crab cake.  (Singular, one cake.)  I can't believe folks have been paying an upcharge for it; it was okay, but certainly not worth an upcharge.

Like I said earlier on breakaway Jan 8-15 and was definitely charged.  It was actually my granddaughter that ordered it and waitress charged to me (she told me she was doing it) funny thing we had a mixed bag of platinum and dinning package (3 of us) the dinning package did not even max out what all they could order.