Welcome ABoard Party

ElizaPink26

3 hours ago, ElizaPink26 said:

Please could anyone tell me if the Captains Cocktail Party is still being held?

Unfortunately. You get a drinks voucher. On our Christmas cruise the highest tier peninsular club member did have a small cocktail party. The rest of us got a free drink voucher for that too.

Edited by Megabear2

4 hours ago, ElizaPink26 said:

Please could anyone tell me if the Captains Cocktail Party is still being held?

On Iona in November/December we got a voucher for one drink.  A choice of:

sparkling wine

House white wine

House red wine

Orange juice

Fountain Soft drink

Carlsberg

I couldn't believe the meanness.  One Carlsberg!  They had plenty of other beers on draft.  No doubt Carly was the cheapest, but by what, 50p?  For the beer drinkers it would have much better to let us choose our pint of preference for at most 50p per person.  I went for a red wine.

Which again, could have been better.  Set a cap at say £1 more than the same size glass of house, but at least people have an element of choice.

In 2021 on Ventura we got a voucher each for up to £10 worth of drinks.  I managed to squeeze in 2 Aspall Cyders and The Ole Lady 2 glasses of house wine.

Cutbacks, moan moan.  Still haven't got me calendar either..... grrrrrrrrrrr  😡

Seriously, I did find Iona's offering pretty mean.

Hopefully things will be back to a semblance of normality when we're on Azura later this month.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

sparkling wine

House white wine

House red wine

Orange juice

Fountain Soft drink

Carlsberg

I couldn't believe the meanness.  One Carlsberg!  They had plenty of other beers on draft.  No doubt Carly was the cheapest, but by what, 50p?  For the beer drinkers it would have much better to let us choose our pint of preference for at most 50p per person.  I went for a red wine.

Which again, could have been better.  Set a cap at say £1 more than the same size glass of house, but at least people have an element of choice.

In 2021 on Ventura we got a voucher each for up to £10 worth of drinks.  I managed to squeeze in 2 Aspall Cyders and The Ole Lady 2 glasses of house wine.

Hopefully things will be back to a semblance of normality when we're on Azura later this month.

Nothing says celebration like carlsberg 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

sparkling wine

House white wine

House red wine

Orange juice

Fountain Soft drink

Carlsberg

Identical 9n Britannia.  We never used the vouchers  - we had three throught the cruise, one sailaway, one celebration and this one.

• Like 1

• Host Sharon changed the title to Welcome ABoard Party
4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

We never used the vouchers  - we had three throught the cruise, one sailaway, one celebration and this one.

Why not ? We managed to get some extra vouchers from our steward and used them all!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

sparkling wine

House white wine

House red wine

Orange juice

Fountain Soft drink

Carlsberg

Well you were lucky we never had the choice of beer in November just the other ones in you list. I had the sparkling wine , my husband the red wine.

Does anyone know if they are still doing the Welcome aboard lunch for the higher tiers on Arcadia. It will be our first time being eligible and wondered if it was still going.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Well you were lucky we never had the choice of beer in November just the other ones in you list. I had the sparkling wine , my husband the red wine.

Does anyone know if they are still doing the Welcome aboard lunch for the higher tiers on Arcadia. It will be our first time being eligible and wondered if it was still going.

We had a suite on the Ventura recently and got invited to a welcome aboard lunch with free drinks. 

51 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

Why not ? We managed to get some extra vouchers from our steward and used them all!

Good for you.  P&O plonk and Fosters beer sadly not something I'd make a fuss about and I wasn't too desperate for a diet coke or orange juice.  

I was a little cross (along with quite a few more) to not know in advance that the Live Lounge was hosting an hour and a half private party for highest tier Peninsular Club members and could have done without the crowding it caused elsewhere with people looking to spend these vouchers. Unfortunately it was a damp night so the indoor bars were full to overflowing and it was also towards the end of the cruise where quite a lot of wines and beers appeared to be in short supplies.

I personally am not too worried about a free drink although I must confess to missing Cunard parties where I could enjoy a very civilised G&T!

Joking apart I'm sure many will welcome the return of the parties on P&O which it was indicated to me will hopefully return for all soon.

In fairness I rarely attend events on P&O although I did like the Welcome on Board gatherings in the atrium of Britannia and Azura.

1 hour ago, Pine Man said:

Damn right! We're from Yorkshire and I guarantee none of them would go to waste.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We came across lots of people onboard who hadn’t used their vouchers so they threw them away. They didn’t realise you could use them at any time it didn’t have to be the day they were issued or issued for,  but it was a bit late when we told them that as they had already disposed of them. 
We used our sailaways ones on a sea day and the celebration ones on a casual night. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

Not sure about the welcome aboard lunch but they did do a lunch for the upper tiers later in our cruise in Dec.

When we were on Aurora for our 28 night Caribbean in November our celebration night drinks vouchers had been put in our "postbox" outside the cabin by our, very reliable, cabin steward when he was putting them all out, (everyone eligible for that one).  Yet they had "disappeared" before we saw them in the "postbox".  We were quite shocked about that, it seemed unbelievable that someone who had paid for a cruise would have taken it.  Made us a bit more careful about our belongings after that though.

Our cabin steward replaced them as soon as we realised they had gone. 

Edited by tring

On 1/6/2023 at 6:12 AM, Megabear2 said:

Identical 9n Britannia.  We never used the vouchers  - we had three throught the cruise, one sailaway, one celebration and this one.

You can essentially use them in any bar at any time (including the restaurants) for something of the prescribed menu.

I hear the captains atrium speech may be coming back. On the big ships, its not practical to offer everyone a drink in one part of the ship, and with no set dining times, its not practical to gather in the same way so vouchers are likely to stay. Suspect adults only ships will get the drinks trays back.

Some people were spending the whole night in there on a freebie going from one waiter to another.

• Thanks 1