What is your embarkation day outfit?

bluetardis

For warm weather, long shorts or capris and a bright top. For cooler weather, white or light jeabs abd a white hoodie over the bright top.  That way, if the luggage  does not come. I will be okay for dinner the first night. I often wear the same outfit for debarkation, especially if I changes for dinner.

Edited by simplelife

I wear a tank style sundress or a maxi sundress when it's just hubby and me. We are cruising with the kids again for Spring Break, and we will all wear family cruise t-shirts on embarkation day. I got mine and my daughter's shirt on Harmony in September with the C&A logo and "sailin' squad." They didn't have them to fit my boys or hubby at the time, so I ordered something similar on Etsy. I will probably wear mine with a navy blue skort/tennis skirt.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, emmak8 said:

Neat comfortable slacks with matching top and jacket . Extra comfortable shoes. Absolutely NO boarding pictures!

Ditto as we usually fly cruise so by time we get to the ship we've been travelling for hours and look grim and just want to check in showered change. 

I can't remember the last time I had a photo taken on a cruise.....actually, it has been years and years, literally.  No photos for me .

As for what to wear? I just returned from a Caribbean cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and I wore a new top that I bought on Las Olas Blvd😃 and a pair of jeans. No, they were not "heavy/bulky" denim LOL.....and I felt quite comfortable.  I always pack another outfit in my carry on for that first night at dinner, "just in case". But I got my luggage in plenty of time and changed out of my jeans for dinner and never put them back on again until disembarkation day. Ft. Lauderdale was in the high 40s Monday morning............I just got home Monday afternoon.

I am sailing to the Med in April out of Athens and have not decided on what to wear at this point.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2023 at 10:20 PM, bluetardis said:

I generally wear a dress or shorts and a blouse.

Yes, this.  And tennis shoes ... partially because they're more bulky than the sandals I pack in the suitcase, partially because of the walking across the parking lot /up the gangplank /etc. 

We don't bother with staged pictures either. 

I usually wear a pretty maxi/sundress on embarkation day ( and on most days as a matter of fact). I've only been on Caribbean cruises so these are not only pretty, but cool and comfortable too. 

I really want to do a European cruise, so that may be a bit different. I don't dress up at home, and even less now that I've been working remote from home for the past 6+ years, so I really enjoy getting a little dressed up, but always do something where I'm comfortable as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm not a fashionista by any means but I love planning vacation outfits!

Last cruise was a Disney cruise with my adult daughter and her bff. We made a ton of shirts with the cricut and had so much fun with that. 

I normally wear a skort with a funny tank or tee with my swim suit underneath for day 1. We love capturing that excitement of boarding a cruise ship!!

Screenshot_20230205_095110_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230205_095148_Facebook.jpg

Edited by GrammyJill
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

this time we board our cruise on the day of King Charles 111 coronation, so our group are all wearing shirts tops etc with a coronation theme, I'm a seamstress so I'm busy making shirts with guardsmen on or union jacks. Hopefully it'll make up for missing the street parties back in the UK!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

All aboard the Disney Fantasy with my daughter and grands, easy wear with comfy shoes to meet Mickey and yes, we did allllll the photo ops, lol. It was the first cruise for my grands and we had so much fun. Headed to Europe, I will probably do dresses with tennis shoes. 

2023-02-04 - Disney Fantasy - Disney Cruise Line (1) all boarding favorite.jpeg

• Like 4

This will be my embarkation outfit (with the addition of shoes of some sort). All 3 of these items are available at Chicos. What I have on are all size 2 (Chicos sizing)

3031A529-09A3-4FC5-B0AF-F70182AA041D.jpeg

C90E1B22-B271-47D8-984B-DA620D1D4C9F.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We previously always side-stepped the photographers, but I read on CC that they get paid by the number of pictures taken, not SOLD. So I have vowed to let them snap away unless the line is too long or we have somewhere to be.

As for the Embarkation outfit, pocket leggings (or capri-length leggings) and a rayon tunic. Because that is all I wear. 

• Like 2