Coke Zero

gunnywife

• 9 months later...

I’m getting a little tired of begging for Coke zero sugar on Princess Cruises. We are elite, and every cruise on the questionnaire. We plead for them to include Coke zero sugar in their soda lineup. They spent so much time trying to please the alcoholics with every Drink  variety imaginable and seem to think that having 2 diet sodas is acceptable. It’s not and Diet Coke is terrible.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Anyone care to share a Bring Soda Onboard for Dummies personal experience?
A 12 pack of any nonalcoholic can? 
A 12 pack per guest?

Do you have to personally carry on or can you put it in with the bag you drop at the port?

Thank you. 

They will let you bring on more if you want.  Never seen them stop anyone.  Last cruise I had 3 12 packs and 2 12 packs of water.  Put in carry on and took myself.

You could try checked bag, but better seal it up well in case.

• Like 1

Just now, kywildcatfanone said:

They will let you bring on more if you want.  Never seen them stop anyone.  Last cruise I had 3 12 packs and 2 12 packs of water.  Put in carry on and took myself.

You could try checked bag, but better seal it up well in case.

Thank you! Great suggestion to be sure. 

2 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Thank you! Great suggestion to be sure. 

But as someone else mentioned, you can bring on at any ports, so less to carry if you want to do that.

I also had one of those grocery store wide bags and it held the 12 packs of water perfectly and I had a strap to hold it to my luggage handle so I only needed one hand to maneuver it around. Was fairly easy to get to the room.

• Like 1

Spent 14 days on the Discovery in April of 2022.  Spent another 14 days on the Majestic in May/June of 2023.  On both cruises we enjoyed cans of Coke Zero as much as we wanted.  Sprite Zero was more difficult to come by, but my DH did enjoy a few cans of it.

I would infer that the newer ships in the fleet carry more items at times.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 7:25 PM, CactusJack57 said:

I’m getting a little tired of begging for Coke zero sugar on Princess Cruises. We are elite, and every cruise on the questionnaire. We plead for them to include Coke zero sugar in their soda lineup. They spent so much time trying to please the alcoholics with every Drink  variety imaginable and seem to think that having 2 diet sodas is acceptable. It’s not and Diet Coke is terrible.

I prefer Diet Coke, it's wonderful. There's more revenue in alcohol so why wouldn't they cater to that beverage?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CactusJack57 said:

….as far as Diet Coke, It’s actually terrible compared to Coke zero . You need to do a taste test side by side

I have tried both and find Coke Zero not to my liking. What bothers me about statements like yours is why you put down what others enjoy/prefer.  Why not state what you prefer without insulting my tastes. FYI I'm doing a 28 day cruise next month. I don't know why you think the number of cruises you have taken matters, it really doesn't seem to matter to Princess. I have found that full suites do seem to get problems resolved quickly. I have an awful lot of cruises with Princess which means little after you reach the magic number of 15 cruises to be on the top tier. I believe they need a higher level perhaps at 50 cruises. RCL made a higher level to honor their loyal cruisers of which I am one.  

Your Captain’s Circle level is Elite

I am finding their suite perks are not as good as other lines we've been on so I'm not loyal to any cruise line. It choice now revolves around itinerary and price and starting port.

• Thanks 1

I understand, that’s why they’re not that worried about how many varieties of Soda they have on the ship. That was the point of my original post, but I have not found Coke zero on any of the Princess ships we’ve sailed on yet. We are on the sapphire tomorrow for 30 days and I seriously doubt they will have Coke zero but I’ll still hope 😊

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

And to the comment about wifi.  Princess gets more uptake on wifi by bundling it.  We used to could make due with the 250 free minutes. Also the other elite benefit of exchanging minibar for coffee.  They are trying to push put benefits to drive you to spend more onboard.  It's about extracting more revenue from each customer.

Did you realize you can still turn in the mini bar for 2 coffee drink packages. They are loaded onto your account instead of a paper coffee card which you could save if you didn't use all 15 drinks. 

I did realize that. I don’t see any value to trading in for coffee when it’s free in the Buffet. We usually trade for half Coke and half Diet Coke in cans for the mini bottles of alcohol. It’s somewhat palatable when you mix the two but drinking straight Coke is like drinking sugar and drinking the Diet Coke alone is putrid,…..combining the two (1/2 and 1/2) is as close to tasting like Coke zero as we can get. 

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Did you realize you can still turn in the mini bar for 2 coffee drink packages. They are loaded onto your account instead of a paper coffee card which you could save if you didn't use all 15 drinks. 

They got rid of the coffee packages over a year ago last I knew.  No longer offering it as a mini bar swap item as in years past.

If it's back, then great!

7 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

They got rid of the coffee packages over a year ago last I knew.  No longer offering it as a mini bar swap item as in years past.

If it's back, then great!

Zero-Alcohol Package

Enjoy premium and specialty coffees and teas along with sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), hot chocolate, "zero-proof" mocktails, bottled water, San Pellegrino, Evian and Red Bull Energy Drinks througout your entire cruise with this zero-alcohol beverage package.

The Zero-Alcohol Drink Package is $29.99 USD* per person, per day.

Premium Lavazza coffee

Start your day or end a meal with your coffee-based beverage of choice, thanks to our new partnership with Lavazza. Enjoy a made-from-scratch pastry with your coffee at breakfast from the International Café or recharge with an iced frappé at Coffee & Cones. Savor a fresh cup of coffee any time you crave it, and delight in specialty espresso drinks prepared by professional baristas. A full menu of espresso-based selections are available on board and can be customized to suit your taste.