What deck do you embark on?

rjack22

Could the “tides” play a role? 

A high tide could mean a certain deck while a low tide dictates a completely different deck.  I’m not an expert.  May be someone else can chime in if this could be possibility. 

Tides and available gangways will impact what level you embark on.  There are watertight doors on multiple levels of the ship, all the way down to the waterline for tender service.  If the port has high enough and flexible enough gangways to embark you on a deck level where they don't have to open a watertight door, they will, however, if tides and gangways won't safely reach an open deck access, you'll enter the ship at one of the lower sets of watertight doors.  Like @antsp, I'm curious as to why you wish to know this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rjack22 said:

I'm trying to figure out if we can take the stairs or have to wait on elevators.    We are on deck 10 so three flights if we embark on deck 7.   Now you know.

If you take the forward or aft elevators you will find them much less crowded than mid ships

4 hours ago, rjack22 said:

I'm trying to figure out if we can take the stairs or have to wait on elevators.    We are on deck 10 so three flights if we embark on deck 7.   Now you know.

Usually the elevators are not an issue on embarkation day getting to your cabin as they block a bunch of elevators to go up only . That’s What I’m remembering. Never waited more than five minutes for an elevator on embarkation day. When the theater is letting out ,or bunch of people come back from shore excursions ,and disembarking ,yes definitely waited for an elevator. Happy cruising.