Can Now Use OBC for Future Cruise

miched

There is a live thread now of sailing on the Constellation.    The writer said that they now allow OBC for Future Cruise Certificates

It appears as if Celebrities recent “enhancements” are taking its toll.  Apparently passengers aren’t flocking to the Future Cruise Desk as they were in the past and are now trying to get passengers to commit.  

I wonder what the catch is?   If you had one and didn’t use it in a year your money would be refunded.   Now that it is NR OBC I doubt if it would be refunded except being that amount in OBC on another cruise.   

If you book a cruise with NRD and cancel it should cover the cost of the $100 service fee.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

I would like to see the details and fine print of this 'new' option before commenting, IF commenting is even worth it.

Thank you for bringing this forward to our attention that this is being discussed as a possibility.

bon voyage

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, miched said:

There is a live thread now of sailing on the Constellation.    The writer said that they now allow OBC for Future Cruise Certificates

It appears as if Celebrities recent “enhancements” are taking its toll.  Apparently passengers aren’t flocking to the Future Cruise Desk as they were in the past and are now trying to get passengers to commit.  

I wonder what the catch is?   If you had one and didn’t use it in a year your money would be refunded.   Now that it is NR OBC I doubt if it would be refunded except being that amount in OBC on another cruise.   

If you book a cruise with NRD and cancel it should cover the cost of the $100 service fee.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I believe this was always the case - could be wrong.   I know that when booking on celebrity site there is a question - Do you have a FCC?   If you check yes it pops up a window to put the number in to be applied toward deposit.

I used mine for my next cruise -  there's a web portal where you put in reservation number and last name and then the FCC number.   It was applied in about a day reducing my final payment.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe this was always the case - could be wrong.   I know that when booking on celebrity site there is a question - Do you have a FCC?   If you check yes it pops up a window to put the number in to be applied toward deposit.

I used mine for my next cruise -  there's a web portal where you put in reservation number and last name and then the FCC number.   It was applied in about a day reducing my final payment.

The OP said On Board Credit could be used for the deposit on a future cruise.

13 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The OP said On Board Credit could be used for the deposit on a future cruise.

Ahh....  I read that wrong.    Interesting    Could really be helpful if you have lots - better than spending on things you don't need.

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

OBC not FCC

Currently on Apex sailing Jan 14, and purchased a future cruise certificate.  No you can not use OBC for the $200 for 2 people.  They will use the credit card on file for your stateroom.  If you do not use within one year the money is returned to the credit card.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

A couple we met on board has $1400 in OBC ! I have no idea what category suite they are in but it must be a doozy. He said he’s buying $1400 worth of tee shirts and selling them on the dock for $5 😁

If true, Celebrity is desperate to rope customers in that may be having a poor experience.  Many have OBC due to various promotions and fake sales. 

OBC is becoming a psyop to place blame for a bad cruise on pasengers that don't choose wisely.  But, all the options aren't going to make up for the poor quality of food and the experience.  Sadly it's been sounding as if no amount of OBC can net a passenger higher quality food.  The reports of cutbacks everywhere, including Luminae and Blu are alarming. 

Don't tell the crew about OBC, as they may start stalking pasengers looking for handouts in addition to the harassment about the survey or using a dining room for meals. The reports are alarming, and the incentive system by Celebrity is causing at best creepy results.  

Edited by Cap_D
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Does the charge show up on the onboard account folio or is it a separate transaction?

They $200 charge went straight to my Amex card.  It does not hit your ship account.  I got a notification sent to my cell phone from Amex that a Celebrity charge was made for $200.  By the way the internet has been lightening fast by made standards.

10 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I am currently on board the Connie and have booked a future cruise.  I was definitely not offered the chance to use some of my large amount of OBC to pay the deposit.  My guess is whoever posted that was a tad confused.

.... or starting an unsubstantiated rumor... LOL

How is your sailing going so far?

bon voyage

10 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

.... or starting an unsubstantiated rumor... LOL

How is your sailing going so far?

bon voyage

Hi, Bo!

There are food cutbacks.  I haven't starved yet.  I do miss the Mexican station at lunch in the buffet.  I'm getting a bit tired of hearing all the doom and gloom about the food.

The cruise is just fine.  The crew have been outstanding.  The ship is in excellent shape.  No complaints about that.  Considering she is the oldest ship in the fleet, that is pretty outstanding.  And, of course, I love it that Ms. Hoppen has not taken away all the comfortable chairs, etc.  Blessings and peace be upon her.

• Like 5