Premium liquor package 109 a night!

George C

I thought my sister was mistaken when she said liquor package was over 90 a day, I just checked my summit charter in 55 days and they have it at 109 a night. Never saw prices this high , luckily it doesn’t effect us in a royal suite .

11 hours ago, George C said:

I thought my sister was mistaken when she said liquor package was over 90 a day, I just checked my summit charter in 55 days and they have it at 109 a night. Never saw prices this high , luckily it doesn’t effect us in a royal suite .

Charters can set their own prices

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And now all stateroom passengers HAVE to book the same package.   A change in policy since I booked my cruise several months ago.     I am not happy about the huge increase in the package price since my Sept and December cruises AND not being able to purchase the alcohol package for just me.  My husband does not drink.   So, I will forgo the package and bring wine onboard.

6 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Prices of drinks also went up, so still might make sense for some to buy it…..like me 😂

I would get my money’s worth also, but I think at least in some cases it pays to book a sky suite since it normally comes with premium drinks, tips , WiFi etc . 

• Like 2

Not sure what is more insane, the package price or the individual drink prices. 

On Princess, one could drink an entire bottle of Woodford reserve, or a host of other spirits, each day ($8/shot) and barely hit the Celebrity premium package price.   

It's clear that X artificially raises individual drink prices to justify selling premium package upgrades. 

• Like 3

I've lost old threads. Didn't the top end of the premium package go to $17? So this is now 6 1/2 drinks a day at the high end?

What's seems self-defeating to me is I imagine most people are going to go for the most expensive drinks at that price. Even people who normally would have bought beers in the classic package. There's a point where customer behavior is to "get my money's worth". Over $100/day is going to cross that threshold for almost everyone...

• Like 2

This increase in individual and drink packages is just a ploy to get more people to take the classic package and maybe upgrade to the premium. Just for kicks I checked a couple of cruises comparing the cruise only package, with tips added, to the A.I. package. The difference comes to just short of $86 p.p. per day, including tips, for basic internet and the classic drink package. That beats the $109 plus tips just for the drinks. I don’t know what they were charging before, but I’m guessing it was a lot less than $86. If they can get people to pay it, all the more power to them, it won’t be me.

2 hours ago, markeb said:

I've lost old threads. Didn't the top end of the premium package go to $17? So this is now 6 1/2 drinks a day at the high end?

What's seems self-defeating to me is I imagine most people are going to go for the most expensive drinks at that price. Even people who normally would have bought beers in the classic package. There's a point where customer behavior is to "get my money's worth". Over $100/day is going to cross that threshold for almost everyone...

On my last two cruises,  the staff pushed Celebrity branded Elegance wine that was $11/glass.  Many times, they were out of all of the premium wines I requested.   I ended up having to go to the Wine Cellar to get a good glass of wine (thanks, Nelson!).   

I only drink two or three glasses of wine.   The package was a convenience factor for me.   Now that I have to buy the same package for my husband (who does not drink), it is not worth it.    

In September, I paid $728 total including gratuity for a Premium alcohol package for myself and a classic non-alcohol package for my husband for a 7 day cruise.

In December, I paid $437 total for 5 day cruise for Premium Alcohol package ($60 per day) for me and classic non-alcohol ($13 per day) for my husband. 

In January, I would have to pay $1680 for the two of us, as he will have to have the same Premium alcohol package.   If I could do the same packages as our last two cruises, it would be less than half that amount.  

Edited by AnnaNicole

43 minutes ago, eyelovcrusin said:

So what’s the dollar limit for the classic and premium package now? And can one person in cabin upgrade to premium as long as the other one has the classic package?

I believe it is $10 for classic and $17 for premium.

11 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

In January, I would have to pay $1680 for the two of us, as he will have to have the same Premium alcohol package.   If I could do the same packages as our last two cruises, it would be less than half that amount.  

Both people in a cabin do not have to have the same package but if 1 has an alcohol package both have to have an alcohol package (some exceptions, medical, pregnancy, recovering alcoholic).

So you could book AI and just upgrade your package.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

And now all stateroom passengers HAVE to book the same package....

For clarification, I believe that all stateroom passengers have to book some type of package

Edited by SFCAcruiser
Jelayne beat me to this response 😉

6 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Be glad you not playing in CAD 

C6611617-B3BF-4453-B99E-2EED538EA355.jpeg

I came here to say this. I calculated out for my most recent trip (which right now I don't have a package) the premium package will cost me about about 1/3 of my cruise, now I can drink I just don't know if I am drinking that much.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I came here to say this. I calculated out for my most recent trip (which right now I don't have a package) the premium package will cost me about about 1/3 of my cruise, now I can drink I just don't know if I am drinking that much.

we just luck that our TA had group that include Drink, tips , wifi and refundable deposit for same price as Celebrity basic price 

16 minutes ago, SFCAcruiser said:

For clarification, I believe that all stateroom passengers have to book some type of package

Every cruise I’ve priced shows a cruise only price and I’ve run some of them to the place where you formal book the cruise and no mention of any drink packages. That was ten minutes ago.

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Every cruise I’ve priced shows a cruise only price and I’ve run some of them to the place where you formal book the cruise and no mention of any drink packages. That was ten minutes ago.

You are correct.  Packages need not be purchased. The original post described a situation in which one passenger in a cabin decided to purchase an alcohol package, and the new policy is that all stateroom passengers must also purchase some type of beverage package and it need not be the same package.

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

we just luck that our TA had group that include Drink, tips , wifi and refundable deposit for same price as Celebrity basic price 

Nice, I haven't been lucky with TAs so far it's been same price and perks as if I booked it myself (one was even more expensive) so for now just been booking my own.

28 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Me and my husband did Orlando for years until our kids grew up when we discovered cruising. I can assure you his beer bill in the parks was half of what the holiday cost (slight exaggeration 😁). Certainly more than $130 a day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In July we had premium but the wines and liquor selections were very limited.  The wines on board for premium were pitiful.  We’re taking our own on next week.  As far as premium liquor, they only had ONE bottle of Woodford Reserve on the ship which was gone by day two.  Not worth it to buy premium when they don’t stock liquor that we prefer.  This dramatic increase is crazy.  Looks like a good time to stop cruising as the costs have risen to the place where we can vacation elsewhere and with food/drink we prefer for the same or less.  We sail next week on a b2b but it will probably be the last time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Nope.   People on the board corrected me when I said that.   If one has an alcohol package, the other must have one too.   I guess one could have classic and the other could have premium. 

I can no longer purchase premium alcohol for me and Zero Proof for him.  

Edited by AnnaNicole