The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday January 26th, 2023

Copper10-8

7 hours ago, bennybear said:

And Hawaii😉🤷‍♀️

Mahalo @bennybear!!  Oh dear, how could I forget Hawaii??  I guess because it's in its own time zone.   One factoid that somehow amuses me is that Hawaii is in the same time zone as Tahiti!  I wish I were in either place right now!!  🌺🏝️

~Nancy

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@erewhon, whoa about Noordam. I hope everyone and everything is okay. 

Thank you @erewhon.  Yes, we love our SB, Kim Crawford in particular. But, have you ever tried Ned?  It is the only NZ SB at our pizza place and really good. 

@Sharon in AZ,  have not heard anymore about Noordam.  She should be underway now ,heading to the Bay of Islands.

Yes, have tried  the Ned,  have a  couple of bottles in the house.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Thursday. Our low temperature this morning was 27F. Getting really tired of this. One reason why I live in the desert. 

Wow!  So much happening on the Daily today. I can’t keep up. I’ve read it in bits and pieces. Today was my long awaited appointment with the Rheumatologist. Good news is that he doesn’t think it’s psoriatic arthritis but won’t know for sure until tests are done. Bad news is I still have arthritis, osteoarthritis, and nothing can be done for that. At least the medicine I’m on is working. 

I love all the days but clashing clothes are a bit much sometimes. Stripes and plaids, decorative tops and a clashing pant, etc, does make one do a double take. 

I hope everyone has a great day today. I’m exhausted — it was a 50 minute drive both ways and a 2 hour appointment, and of course I didn’t sleep well in anticipation. 

Oh, that does sound like good news that it isn't the psoriatic arthritis.  The autoimmune diseases are so alarming.  A doctor in NYC told DD she has lupus, so we freaked out, but no other doctor has concurred with that opinion and she is quite well since leaving working in Manhattan.  

It's interesting how with all the advances in medicine, the diagnostics are still difficult for some conditions.  Anyhow, glad you're responding to meds and hope you continue to improve.  👍

• Like 4

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thinking about our Jewish friends today on Holocaust Day.

Yom Hashoah.

Thank you.

International Holocaust Remembrance Day and Yom Hashoah are actually different days: the former on January 27, and the latter usually on the 27th of the Hebrew month Nisan, which falls in April or May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6