Current VOOM internet pricing

Hi everyone!  We’ll be sailing on Brilliance of the Seas on May 28 to Alaska.  For the life of me, I can’t find pricing for the internet on the cruise planner.  I know there are 2 packages - VOOM Internet only and VOOM internet and stream.  Does anyone know the current price?  I’m interested in internet only.  Also cost for how many people and how many devices.  For example I heard that you can do 1 person for internet and add devices for a lower amount. For that option, I believe only 1person at e can use the internet.

Thanks in advance!

Carol

The price varies from ship to ship and sailing date. Usually 15 to 20 dollars per day. You can add more devices for around 11 dollars per device. Each device can be used at the same time. It is really more the number of users you pay for but they call it device's.  If you have 4 devices and pay the 2 device plan you use any 2 at the same time.

1 hour ago, LVCruiseer said:

For the life of me, I can’t find pricing for the internet on the cruise planner.

Go to top left of page where it says My Royal Cruise. Use the arrow to pull down menu and click internet. It should be there. Mine is on my May Ovation cruise.

6 hours ago, LVCruiseer said:

VOOM Internet only and VOOM internet and stream.

Ever since Nov 2022, RCI removed the lower Tier Surf option from the planner so only Stream is available pre-cruise. Some ships may offer that tier on board. Multiple device packages should also be available in the planner in addition to the single device one.

6 hours ago, LVCruiseer said:

Hi everyone!  We’ll be sailing on Brilliance of the Seas on May 28 to Alaska.  For the life of me, I can’t find pricing for the internet on the cruise planner.  I know there are 2 packages - VOOM Internet only and VOOM internet and stream.  Does anyone know the current price?  I’m interested in internet only.  Also cost for how many people and how many devices.  For example I heard that you can do 1 person for internet and add devices for a lower amount. For that option, I believe only 1person at e can use the internet.

Thanks in advance!

Carol

Are you on the app or the website?    You need to do on the website.  Some excursions or specialty can be purchased thru the app but I have not seen internet options on the app.

I just priced it out for our upcoming Oasis cruise in August.  It's $16.99 for the first device and $14.99 thereafter.  It used to go down more per device, I got it for $10.99 for 4 devices on my last cruise in August on Adventure.  It get s expensive....$400 for 4 people for a week, BUT on an Oasis Class ship, I think it's necessary to be able to keep in touch, especially with children and elders.

19 hours ago, LVCruiseer said:

Thanks in advance!

Carol

Pre-cruise we only saw Voom + Stream and I'm not even sure if they're offering the lower tier anymore since Starlink is being installed across the fleet.  Login to your Royal account via the website. You'll be able to see the pricing right there. 

Cheaper than on board for sure. On board it’s about $29 per day if you buy by day. Gets cheaper if you buy for many days, but still much more expensive than if you purchase before.

There is not Surf option anymore. Just Surf & Stream.

10 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Pre-cruise we only saw Voom + Stream and I'm not even sure if they're offering the lower tier anymore since Starlink is being installed across the fleet.  Login to your Royal account via the website. You'll be able to see the pricing right there. 

It’s only showing the VOOM + Stream.  I called RCL Customer Service and he said he didn’t know if the internet only was available pre-cruise and that I would have to check after we board.  

10 hours ago, Tatka said:

Cheaper than on board for sure. On board it’s about $29 per day if you buy by day. Gets cheaper if you buy for many days, but still much more expensive than if you purchase before.

There is not Surf option anymore. Just Surf & Stream.

That’s what I’m now thinking…so much for trying to save a little $$

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you on the app or the website?    You need to do on the website.  Some excursions or specialty can be purchased thru the app but I have not seen internet options on the app.

I was on the website.  I’ll give the app a look.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, LVCruiseer said:

That’s what I’m now thinking…so much for trying to save a little $$

We don’t spend much, but we always buy internet. Used to be for work, but now mostly for fun. Must have it for me, so we watch prices constantly (we have 5 cruises a year)

On 1/28/2023 at 2:12 PM, LVCruiseer said:

Thanks in advance!

Carol

no.  One person, 2 devices means 2 devices can use internet.  Better option then buying 2 separate plans.  But this is for I believe surf and stream.  It isn't that much more to just add the stream as opposed to internet only.  Plus in Alaska, I would definitely get the surf and stream option.  I know last May people were having a terrible time getting into Navica to do their covid tests with surf only.  

I am confused about the pre cruise internet pricing. It shows a 30% discount. 

Can I call to get the additional Diamond internet discount applied. 

Just got off Celebrity Apex and was able to call pre cruise to get both discounts applied. 

I understand they are two separate companies but wonder if they both have the same policies for pre cruise discounts. 

55 minutes ago, pilot said:

I am confused about the pre cruise internet pricing. It shows a 30% discount. 

Can I call to get the additional Diamond internet discount applied. 

Just got off Celebrity Apex and was able to call pre cruise to get both discounts applied. 

I understand they are two separate companies but wonder if they both have the same policies for pre cruise discounts. 

No, the Diamond discount for internet is only for if you purchase it on-board.  These are the on-board prices right now on Allure:

IMG_20230130_150515990.thumb.jpg.5aeb6081acdf0b8b96c30e6555c11aff.jpg

You'd have to do the math to see if it would be cheaper to buy on-board with the discount or in advance without the discount.