10% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit

JohnChiang

I was trying a mock booking on the NCL website today, and notice that I now have a 10% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit on my account that wasn't there yesterday.

Is this a mistake? Did I get someone else's credit?(it has a number attached to it).  I have not booked with Norwegian for the past 3 years nor have I had a cruise cancelled. Has anyone else received this credit today?

Is this credit combinable with other discounts? I also have a $250 NCL discount from the MyVegas app on Facebook. If I can use both then it will be a fair amount of savings.

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

Double check the wording of the FCC. For about a month or so, Norwegian gave everyone a 10% coupon that is only valid on one specific ship on a specific date 

I got one of those too. For the Norwegian Eclipse on April 16th. But today I got 10% FCC good for any sailing.

It’s finicky about when it shows up, I have one that expires this April and has to be used on a sailing by that expiry date. So I’m just running searches every so often to see if a bargain appears, bearing in mind that I’ll probably have to fly long distance to use it. 

1 hour ago, philatiger said:

We have the coupon too, but it has a sail by date of April 23, 2023. 

Mine states expires 2/24/23, sail by 12/31/23.

So I have less than 4 weeks to book this offer, and it's good for any sailing this year.

When I tried to book a mock cruise on the NCL website, using the 10% FCC offer, I was allowed to use only 1 CruiseFirst certificate. While not using the 10% FCC offer, I was able to use 2 CruiseFirst certificates for the sailing I wanted. So there seems to be some limitations for allowable discount combinations. I will have to call NCL directly to use the MyVegas discount, and see if that can be used together with the others.

My cruise rep called me on Saturday telling me I had one and she applied to to a cruise I had just booked. (I usually let the calls go to voice mail not sure why I answered it but it was worth taking the call)
Last weekend I had called to reprice  the cruise and saved $500 and then this credit was another $600 savings . So with the savings I booked the Vibe beach club .

My cruise  base fare was $6000 and then with the 10% discount went to $5400.

Now the base fare has gone down to $5900 which is the down $100 from Original

amount, can I get it repriced to a lower rate or does it have to now be below $5400 before it would be considered a lower fare?

If I cancel do I get this 10% credit voucher back so I could cancel and rebook? Cruise not till Nov 2023, and this 10% code I got is any cruise before Dec 31.

Seems like they are offering different discounts to different folks. 

Our NCL PVP called and emailed in mid-January telling me what a "great" promotion they were running and that I was entitled to 10% off. 

However after reaching out to her, the discount was only applicable to one sailing on one ship (Escape, April 16th sailing). Was not too happy to find that out after spending time identifying a cruise in October we want to book!! Very misleading and limiting a discount to one single sailing is of little value to most. 

Really glad to hear that others are getting an offer that is applicable to a sailing of their choice. That is an actual incentive to book as it offsets others costs (especially in light of NCL's recent daily gratuity hike).

As it stands we are still considering the October cruise with NCL but are getting much better offers from Carnival so might go that route instead.

• Like 1

It seems really weird that they’re discounting for one specific cruise, mine is that April 16th sailing on Escape as well. I usually book a studio but they’re already sold out for that sailing and an inside is coming up as €2400 with FAS and DSC included 

On 1/31/2023 at 8:02 PM, shof515 said:

Double check the wording of the FCC. For about a month or so, Norwegian gave everyone a 10% coupon that is only valid on one specific ship on a specific date 

I talked about this with my PCC today, he said I have a 10% voucher and I said it was pointless as it only applied to one cruise but he assured me I could use it against any cruise within the time frames.

So my PCC says its not just the Escape but any cruise 🤷‍♂️

Edited by ziggyuk

4 hours ago, DanielNL said:

I have also a coupon with 10% FCC, and one coupon with a normal 10% discount. Would both coupons be valid for just one booking?

I believe the answer is NO. If you try a mock booking of a cruise you want on the NCL website, you will be able to apply only one coupon in the payment section.

The reason you have received a cruise specific discount coupon is that it is for a Latitude cruise.  Anyone gold or above receives one.  You can read about the special events on the Latitude cruises in the digital newsletter.  And maybe in the Latitude perks section, not sure if I saw it there also.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 7:49 PM, JohnChiang said:

Mine states expires 2/24/23, sail by 12/31/23.

So I have less than 4 weeks to book this offer, and it's good for any sailing this year.

When I tried to book a mock cruise on the NCL website, using the 10% FCC offer, I was allowed to use only 1 CruiseFirst certificate. While not using the 10% FCC offer, I was able to use 2 CruiseFirst certificates for the sailing I wanted. So there seems to be some limitations for allowable discount combinations. I will have to call NCL directly to use the MyVegas discount, and see if that can be used together with the others.

Hi @JohnChiang I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I was looking at info on MyVegas but actually saw your comment about using 2 CruiseFIRST certs which is what peaked my interest. with the exception of a random short promotion in december of 2022 I have always read the terms and been told by my PCC that you can only use ONE CruiseFIRST Cert. As opposed to being able to double up on the CruiseNEXT certs when there is a promo running. when they first came out during COVID an agent actually sold and applied two to a new booking, but when my PCC was reviewing it a few months later for a re-price he had to remove the extra Cert as it was against the terms and he said that because of the amount of time that had passed there was no way a supervisor would override a refund.

If you have had success using Double CruiseNEXT certs, I would appreciate the info as they are burning a hole in my pocket and I keep getting more every time they run the $500 for $250 holiday specials.

FYI.. back to myVEGAS, I have saved a ton of $$ stacking two of the $750 off coupons from myVEGAS with a $500 CruiseFirst, and the AMEX cash back offer they had at the end of 2022!! Happy savings and sailing