Is this really a new benefit for Elite?

Hobbes67

I got a call yesterday. The call came in as a Suspected Spam. My call came from area code 216 which is Cleveland area but he said he was in London. I picked up call when he said he was from Princess since Princess lost one of my bags 1/4/23 & I was expecting a call regarding that. He then tells me he is calling regarding new offers for elites. He did know everything about both of us, days sailed, last cruise, next cruise, etc. He wanted my husband on call also. He did not push us explained Suite benefits & when I said I would not use all that stuff he recommended 2 Interior Benefits but did not push. He did not mention Balcony Benefit Package.  He sent me an email with all his information telling me to CONTACT HIM VIA THE PRINCESS CRUISE PLANNERS NUMBER (1-800-901-1172) & he gave me an extension (91048) to put in when that # is called but the brochure which you click on within the email appears more sketchy & has a # to call 480-616-2899 that is flagged by Nomorobo as a robocall from “Princess”. His email is lporterfield@princesscruises.com so this appears to have some definite ties to Princess Cruises.I left a message with my regular vacation planner regarding this.

FYI - I called Princess today to refare one booking and make another booking for a new cruise.  At the end of the call, the representative (who was very nice) began explaining this promotion to me.  I declined.  That said, based on my calling Princess directly, this promotion is attached to Princess.

7 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

FYI - I called Princess today to refare one booking and make another booking for a new cruise.  At the end of the call, the representative (who was very nice) began explaining this promotion to me.  I declined.  That said, based on my calling Princess directly, this promotion is attached to Princess.

I wonder why they don’t divulge this and the cold calls from possible CVP’s?

Given the situation the world is now with hackers and scams, it would have saved a lot of time and research.

• Like 1

When this shows up on the Princess website as an Elite Benefit then perhaps we can consider.  Otherwise, I will assume it is not really a Princess program. In either case, it has happened to enough of us that Princess should address it on their website; let us know if it is real or not.

Edited by JerryinBWB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I wonder why they don’t divulge this and the cold calls from possible CVP’s?

Given the situation the world is now with hackers and scams, it would have saved a lot of time and research.

That was one of my comments to my PVP.  That Princess should notify everyone about the program in a way that they can be certain that it is a Princess program.  In reality it is a Princess program, just one that is not well thought out when it comes to how contact is made.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:03 PM, Ombud said:

Except I do NOT think this call is from a CVP. Neither CVP (retired or current) ever cold called me. The only calls I've ever gotten were to return my call or contact me about one I've got on hold

I'm not an elite member and I'm not saying the OP's call wasn't a scam, but my CVP has cold called me.  In fact she did so last week.  Maybe it is a new policy??  Or, maybe it has to do with how seasoned the CVP is???  I haven't cruised with Princess in 15 years and never dealt with a CVP prior to a few months ago.  I'm most certain she is green.  When booking my cruise the prices she quoted were higher than Princess' website and she didn't care to investigate why.  I suspect she is  cold-calling in an effort to build up her clientele.  She wasn't selling what the OP mentioned, but she was calling to see if there was anything she could help me with or tell me about discounted cruises.  

We just got a call from our CVP last night.  I have spoken with her on several occasions but have never actually booked through her.  I tend to just blow through it on the website and book it myself.  I think I should rethink that process and get her looped in on future bookings.

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We just got a call from our CVP last night.  I have spoken with her on several occasions but have never actually booked through her.  I tend to just blow through it on the website and book it myself.  I think I should rethink that process and get her looped in on future bookings.

I book it myself and put it on hold.  Then I send an e-mail to my PVP and they apply the deposit and book it.  If they have access to any cheaper rates they will make the change at that time and will send me an e-mail when it is done and how much they were able to save me if any.

13 minutes ago, mskaufman said:

That guy called us tonight

Day two he got aggressive with non-stop calling and I just ignored it He finally gave up after a weekend of non-stop back-to-back-to-back-to-back calling. LoL 🤣

6 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Day two he got aggressive with non-stop calling and I just ignored it He finally gave up after a weekend of non-stop back-to-back-to-back-to-back calling. LoL 🤣

I'm curious as to what it shows on your Caller ID when they call?

Any discussion of Wi-Fi pricing will be moot in a matter of years IMO.  Hotels and even airlines offer for free in many cases these days because it's just become expected.  Much like phone carriers used to charge for phone minutes, text messages, or data limits.  The market will force cruise lines to offer this for free, especially if Princess wants folks to use the full functionality of the Medallion (although I know one doesn't need external internet to use Medallion features).

On 2/9/2023 at 11:13 AM, TN-Mountains said:

I'm not an elite member and I'm not saying the OP's call wasn't a scam, but my CVP has cold called me.  In fact she did so last week.  Maybe it is a new policy??  Or, maybe it has to do with how seasoned the CVP is???  I haven't cruised with Princess in 15 years and never dealt with a CVP prior to a few months ago.  I'm most certain she is green.  When booking my cruise the prices she quoted were higher than Princess' website and she didn't care to investigate why.  I suspect she is  cold-calling in an effort to build up her clientele.  She wasn't selling what the OP mentioned, but she was calling to see if there was anything she could help me with or tell me about discounted cruises.  

I have also gotten cold calls from a CVP even though I book through an agent. I get emails from his person also - I know he is a CVP.

Edited by Coral

On 2/15/2023 at 7:13 PM, Jeter02 said:

I guess I have that to look forward to.