"Bars on this ship are closed during sea days. So we paid for drinks we cannot have." from a Summit review

webecruzin2

5 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Celebrity post pandemic doesn’t look like it used to be.  Last cruise in 2022 on Summit was   Ok.  It was our first time cruising since the pandemic.  Our expectations weren’t met.  We had classic drink package.  We aren’t big drinkers. We were amazed at how many times we were told that something wasn’t available….Diet Coke, Canadian club, ginger ale.  Getting bar service was also a challenge.  Food in MDR was good. Prime rib twice was excellent. Now I am reading about the 2023 changes.  It doesn’t sit well.  

Beware..incoming!!🤐

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Celebrity post pandemic doesn’t look like it used to be.  Last cruise in 2022 on Summit was   Ok.  It was our first time cruising since the pandemic.  Our expectations weren’t met.  We had classic drink package.  We aren’t big drinkers. We were amazed at how many times we were told that something wasn’t available….Diet Coke, Canadian club, ginger ale.  Getting bar service was also a challenge.  Food in MDR was good. Prime rib twice was excellent. Now I am reading about the 2023 changes.  It doesn’t sit well.  

Same as you, we sailed last year first times since the pandemic. I don’t drink alcohol but my husband found the beer selection plentiful and varied. One thing that I didn’t get often in my drinks was a slice of pineapple, more often than not they didn’t have it. But the Equinox has far more to offer than drinks, our expectations were blown away.

• Thanks 1

Just off the Solstice (yesterday) and, whilst there are noticeable differences to the pre-pandemic experience, we still had a wonderful time. Never did we find we couldn’t get a drink, unless you count the Sky Lounge at 10:00am!

Personally, I prefer to live with a few changes than not have a cruise line at all! Don’t like the room service charge? Don’t get room service! In 21 cruises, we’ve never used it. I love lobster, but I can live with just one (this trip, I made it a surf & turf with the most delicious lamb rack), and we were in a suite!!

Compare a cruise with the $52 it cost for two entrees from grub hub in the hotel plus $4 for a Diet Coke and cruising becomes great value again! Remember that many people are getting offered free rooms, so they have to make some money somewhere. I came home to a blue chip email offering us a free verandah stateroom and I haven’t gambled in over seven years!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

And sad to say besides trolls I have found a few influencers on these boards. Celebrity it seems promotes such behavior which I find detracts from the purpose of cruise critic.  Sad

I’m intrigued, please explain. 

53 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

usual derogatory comments by the usual crowd on here anytime anyone has the temerity to give Celebrity less than 10/10.

100% 

I call a collective group on here The Breakfast Club. They come from all walks of life but have band together on every post/topic. Sadly being unkind is a hot trend in the world of CC right now. 

Patty 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Maybe she/he adopted the child,,if that is the truth they deserve praise not the usual derogatory comments by the usual crowd on here anytime anyone has the temerity to give Celebrity less than 10/10.

Wow. How to divert a thread to promote your agenda. I don’t see many if any people who defend celebrity in that way. I see a lot more people willing to criticise them which is fine as it’s an open forum. Shaking my head at your post, but acknowledge it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. But wow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cw2go said:

100% 

I call a collective group on here The Breakfast Club. They come from all walks of life but have band together on every post/topic. Sadly being unkind is a hot trend in the world of CC right now. 

Patty 

Who is in the Breakfast Club? With respect I couldn’t disagree with you more, the only clique I see is anti Celebrity. And very few unkind posts either way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Who is in the Breakfast Club? With respect I couldn’t disagree with you more, the only clique I see is anti Celebrity. And very few unkind posts either way. 

It's a movie from 1985 

I absolutely respect your opinion, we can see things differently. I see a PRO Celebrity Team on here but I also see unkind posts from both sides. 

I have watched posters for months get attacked when giving a courteous heads-up. Examples: Limited buffet choices, (that poster was in Dec before the Jan 1st changed went in effect) bar service closings in GC and that traditional set dining times were discontinued on E Class. 

With each of these posts from the get-go, they were told they were wrong and as of today they are still being ridiculed for their first hand reports. I'm pro no club, I am pro cruising and enjoying life but I will always unapologetically look out for the best interest of all. It's just how I'm geared. Calling people whiners and piling on the the laughing face emojis for condescending posts is not kind and that's what I see often. 

Patty 

Edited by cw2go
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, cw2go said:

100% 

Patty 

Aw. I hadn't noticed that. Despite being a member here since 2009, I've only posted in the months before a cruise, so I don't stay around that much to get to know individual members. I am cursing more now, so I will probably get to know this aforementioned breakfast club.

Hmmm. Spellcheck changed cruising to cursing because I slightly misspelled it, but I'm leaving as is because it seems fitting.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, cw2go said:

It's a movie from 1985 

I absolutely respect your opinion, we can see things differently. I see a PRO Celebrity Team on here but I also see unkind posts from both sides. 

I have watched posters for months get attacked when giving a courteous heads-up. Examples: Limited buffet choices, (that poster was in Dec before the Jan 1st changed went in effect) bar service closings in GC and that traditional set dining times were discontinued on E Class. 

With each of these posts from the get-go, they were told they were wrong and as of today they are still being ridiculed for their first hand reports. I'm pro no club, I am pro cruising and enjoying life but I will always unapologetically look out for the best interest of all. It's just how I'm geared. Calling people whiners and piling on the the laughing face emojis for condescending posts is not kind and that's what I see often. 

Patty 

Respect your opinion too Patty, but have seen more posts ridiculing pro celebrity posters than the reverse. I get irked by people complaining who haven’t sailed, I have no respect for them, but hey ho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, njsmom said:

Aw. I hadn't noticed that. Despite being a member here since 2009, I've only posted in the months before a cruise, so I don't stay around that much to get to know individual members. I am cursing more now, so I will probably get to know this aforementioned breakfast club.

Hmmm. Spellcheck changed cruising to cursing because I slightly misspelled it, but I'm leaving as is because it seems fitting.

Same here, I check in and out based on my cursings! 🤪

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Wow. How to divert a thread to promote your agenda. I don’t see many if any people who defend celebrity in that way. I see a lot more people willing to criticise them which is fine as it’s an open forum. Shaking my head at your post, but acknowledge it’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. But wow. 

You do!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, webecruzin2 said:

Just reading a recent Summit review and they stated "bars on the Summit are closed on sea days."  
I would think that would be cause for mutiny, jk.  
But seriously that can't be true, can it?  Anyone experience this recently?

Where did d you read it? All experienced cruisers would know it is utter BS. Why even report it? 

• Like 3

On the Celebrity Summit page there has not been one report of bars being closed on sea days.  The ship has been doing 4 and 5 day sailings since October 27 and not one report.  

Edited by Zigster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boytjie said:

Where did d you read it? All experienced cruisers would know it is utter BS. Why even report it? 

39 minutes ago, Zigster said:

On the Celebrity Summit page there has not been one report of bars being closed on sea days.  The ship has been doing 4 and 5 day sailings since October 27 and not one report.  

I posted the link in Post #6 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Great point.  Also, does it make sense that the poster shows their age as 30s but has an adult autistic child?  Not sure how much of the review is factual

possible.  30s can go up to 39.  Adult 18?  idk.  

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL --- good point. 

My mother was 18 when she maried and had me. I was 21 when I had my first child. So...my mother was 36 when I became 18 and 39 when she became a grandmother.

Not so common today, but certainly not heard of.

However, the bar statements are just wrong. On a port day he may had a little difficulty in finding a bar during the day that made frozen drinks or specialty drinks. Maybe.

• Thanks 2