How Cheap Can RCL Get

mcrcruiser

1 minute ago, Longford said:

I'm still thinking travel insurance would have reimbursed had insurance been purchased.  Just wondering.

How many travel insurance policies would reimburse the lost deposit for voluntarily cancelling the second leg of a B2B after the cruise line cancelled the first leg?

30 minutes ago, Longford said:

I would not be surprised to learn that the TA paid for the reimbursement, out of pocket ... or that RCL treated the TA request as a professional credit against future commissions paid to it.  I'm still thinking travel insurance would have reimbursed had insurance been purchased.  Just wondering.

We are only buying Yearly Travel Insurance   now . Allianz Insurance is huge & offers yearly   ins  which in our case is a whole lot cheaper  / 

We did not as yet insure the cruise  . I did not ask vut the TA said we will get full credit from RCL . when the credit comes in we can tell if it is in fact from RCL because we have the $500 credit due as well for the cruise they cancelled which was 7 nights to a  charter  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We will be looking at RCL for a TA cruise in 2024  .Most likely the fall of the year  . We need to book early to get a handicap cabin  even on the  Oasis Class ships   .Definitely  REFUNDABLE  

On 2/10/2023 at 1:50 PM, mcrcruiser said:

….From LA since we no longer fly

If you live in California and no longer fly, how are going to do a transatlantic cruise in fall of 2024 without any flying?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

If you live in California and no longer fly, how are going to do a transatlantic cruise in fall of 2024 without any flying?  

That will be  a exception as we will fly business class . We need all the comfort we can get in our mud 80s & with scooter & walker . However ,i just checked & non of the Oasis class ships are returning  to  Florida either October or November  .I should check September just to be sure 

We really have been sailing more on Holland America  line ships because they sail from the San Diego   pier which is a 30 minute  drive  for us  .We can  get all these R/T cruises from SD :  Hawaii  , Hawaii & South Pacific , Mexico ,  Coast  of California & Panama  Canal R/T  Soon we will have  95 cruises in our history 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

That will be  an exception as we will fly business class . We need all the comfort we can get in our mud 80s & with scooter & walker . However ,i just checked & non of the Oasis class ships are returning  to  Florida either October or November  .I should check September just to be sure 

Bottom line, your previous post was disingenuous.   In fact you do still fly and are able to do very long flights when it suits you.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Longford said:

Bingo!

We are waiting to include many trips  . Allianz   insurance  company  ,a giant company writes yearly policies  .when any one get to age 70 trip insurance rates escalate quite a bit in price , We can get $5000  trip cancellation & $5000 trip interruption  plus $50,000 medical ,$500,000 medical evacuation ,$2000  luggage damage & $2000 lost luggage  .Our total quote for that yearly insurance is $715.00  for any trip under  90 days   .We will buy  that policy  following out 2 Celebrity March 2023 cruises ;because we insured them individually  . We wish we knew before buying insurances for those 2 cruises  that Allianz sells yearly policies .We could have saved enough to pay for the Allianz policy entirely  .Every quote is based on age at time of getting the quote ,mid 80s all insurance is high  .This is the best tip to save big bucks for our fellow cruisers 

7 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

There are No Oasis Class ships leaving Europe  Sept, Oct. or Nov.2024  . That is the only class ship we would want to try .We have been on all the other classes . so we will stay on  here  for the 3 southern Calif ports 

There’s usually only one Oasis class ship in Europe. In 2024 it’s Oasis of the Seas. She’s due to finish her summer season in the Med on Sep 29th then go into dry dock before her westbound TA. But we don’t yet know whether that’ll be a revenue TA. It may well not be, but if it is it’s not yet on sale.

9 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

We are waiting to include many trips  . Allianz   insurance  company  ,a giant company writes yearly policies  .when any one get to age 70 trip insurance rates escalate quite a bit in price , We can get $5000  trip cancellation & $5000 trip interruption  plus $50,000 medical ,$500,000 medical evacuation ,$2000  luggage damage & $2000 lost luggage  .Our total quote for that yearly insurance is $715.00  for any trip under  90 days   .We will buy  that policy  following out 2 Celebrity March 2023 cruises ;because we insured them individually  . We wish we knew before buying insurances for those 2 cruises  that Allianz sells yearly policies .We could have saved enough to pay for the Allianz policy entirely  .Every quote is based on age at time of getting the quote ,mid 80s all insurance is high  .This is the best tip to save big bucks for our fellow cruisers 

All you have to do is look at Allianz's website to know they offer annual policies.  We recently bought an annual policy for this year.   If you can't handle the website, they answer phone calls promptly and will help you get exactly what you want.  That's about what we're paying for our policy for this year and we're in our early-mid 60's.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

I've looked at the annual policy as well, but have decided to stick with single trip, even though it would end up costing more.

In my case (for now) I'm willing to forgo (self insure/hope I can just reschedule for a fee) the cancellation coverage because the medical coverage for the single trip is higher ($75K, $1 mil).

Also,  unless it is different for your state (I'm in New York) from what I remember when I looked, the annual policy will only cover the first cancellation

10 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

It comes to mind ,do all the people know every thing about every thing & have never  a mistake   in their entire  life ? 

Of course we all make mistakes and there´s nothing wrong with making mistakes and not knowing everything. 

The point is how you deal with your mistakes and shortcomings in your knowledge. Most people will blame themselves for these and some will always try to find the fault with others for their own shortcomings. 

You might want to think about ehich side you were on with this.🤔 Moss others on here realized it already, you might as well.😉

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ngrund said:

In my case (for now) I'm willing to forgo (self insure/hope I can just reschedule for a fee) the cancellation coverage because the medical coverage for the single trip is higher ($75K, $1 mil).

You say that now but I'm sure you'll be back here twisting the facts with a similar sob story if you have to cancel again.

4 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

You say that now but I'm sure you'll be back here twisting the facts with a similar sob story if you have to cancel again.

Not me-I'm not the one having to cancel, and fully understand that I can lose the fare, I was just commenting on the annual policy having lower medical coverage and would only cover the first cancellation

1 minute ago, ngrund said:

Not me-I'm not the one having to cancel, and fully understand that I can lose the fare, I was just commenting on the annual policy having lower medical coverage and would only cover the first cancellation

Sorry, I missed that it wasn't OP responding.

17 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Unfortunately some unscrupulous TAs snag the handicap cabins for their perfectly capable clients to give them the larger cabins. It's up to RCCL to demand proof that the clients really do require that cabin, but oftentimes, it's not requested. It really stinks when there is a limited supply of them and people who actually need them can't get one. 

Royal cannot/does not require "proof" that the client needs the accessible cabin.  They do require that the individual self-certify that they need the cabin for specific benefits available in an accessible cabin.

As one who does need the accessible cabin, I know that I have to book very early because there are not a sufficient number of cabins available for all those who require them.  Unavailability rarely is because an unscrupulous TA "snagged" them.

19 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

.This ends now 

I was so disappointed when I read this.  I was really looking forward to hearing more of your compelling tale of woe. Then, joy of joy's, I see you've chosen to bless us with new commentary.  I'm so pleased.  Thank you so much.  YOU are the kind of person who has made this world we live in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I was so disappointed when I read this.  I was really looking forward to hearing more of your compelling tale of woe. Then, joy of joy's, I see you've chosen to bless us with new commentary.  I'm so pleased.  Thank you so much.  YOU are the kind of person who has made this world we live in.

Interestingly the OP is a member of the “silent generation.” 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1