Fare decrease

Sweetrosie

I check prices several times a week on our 7 future cruise bookings.  Once in awhile there will be a price reduction, for the most part the fares have increased.  We usually book as soon as a cruise is available to book.  Since the start-up, fares have rarely come down from the original release prices.

• Like 2

We are also sailing RT to Hawaii. A different day/ship. Website shows about $100pp reduction for our cabin type. When I call our CVP, he says the price has not dropped. A discrepancy between online and actual fare. I was logged in BTW.

If Sweetrosie called and successfully got refared, now I'm wondering which price is true? Thoughts anyone?

Edited by mtnesterz

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Pineapples are no longer grown in Hawaii...

True for the most part. There are two exceptions that I know of. Dole pineapple pavilion on Oahu grows some and there is fairly large operation on Maui, Maui Gold. They offer a fun, informative tour that includes a “free” pineapple for every guest. Took the tour a couple years ago. Their pineapples are the bomb, very sweet and juicy. You can even order them online, but very expensive!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, corgigrl said:

True for the most part. There are two exceptions that I know of. Dole pineapple pavilion on Oahu grows some and there is fairly large operation on Maui, Maui Gold. They offer a fun, informative tour that includes a “free” pineapple for every guest. Took the tour a couple years ago. Their pineapples are the bomb, very sweet and juicy. You can even order them online, but very expensive!

And, the last time I was on Kauai, I had a white pineapple.

57 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

We are also sailing RT to Hawaii. A different day/ship. Website shows about $100pp reduction for our cabin type. When I call our CVP, he says the price has not dropped. A discrepancy between online and actual fare. I was logged in BTW.

If Sweetrosie called and successfully got refared, now I'm wondering which price is true? Thoughts anyone?

I did a search last night. Screenshotted it then put it on hold.  My princess agent called today and  was able to cancel original and retain our cabin.  I look prob every 2 weeks,  just lucked out this time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

The OP is Canadian and probably just got refared to CAD at par, which could be a significant reduction, depending on length of voyage and cabin category.  Could be something else contributing as well - hard to know.  Everyone's case can be different as it depends when originally booked and under which Fare Code - and the situation now on same voyage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sweetrosie said:

FYI...I was able to save over 1000 k🇨🇦 on our inside Hawaii Cruise Sept 30 today by refaring.  Hope this helps someone else😁

Pretty sure the 100kca was a keying error and should be $1,000 CAD.  There is a CDN at par sale that is quite a deal for those north of border.  We saved a lot and got the upgraded Princess + for our July Hawaii cruise.   Had to cancel and rebook, but that was easy and we got an aft balcony that we were watching.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Pretty sure the 100kca was a keying error and should be $1,000 CAD.  There is a CDN at par sale that is quite a deal for those north of border.  We saved a lot and got the upgraded Princess + for our July Hawaii cruise.   Had to cancel and rebook, but that was easy and we got an aft balcony that we were watching.

Lol  thanks!  $1000 / 1k 🇨🇦  either way I was happy.  There was no ad about "at par sale" ...🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweetrosie said:

Lol  thanks!  $1000 / 1k 🇨🇦  either way I was happy.  There was no ad about "at par sale" ...🤷‍♀️

That is the strange part.  I heard about the "sale" from a post on this board.   Would have not noticed it without someone else posting about getting a discount.  

15 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

I have the same problem with what I see online and my agent who calls Princess about the fare price I see.  I even send a screenshot of what I see.  I log out, log in, no log in. Agent says Princess doesn’t see what I see.

I noticed late Thursday night that the price for my upcoming 16 day Hawaii cruise (Round trip from Seattle) had dropped significantly. We were booked in a regular balcony stateroom on the Crown Princess on deck 10. All balconies dropped to $800 & all mini suites dropped to $1600 at the standard fare.

My Princess Vacation Planner redid our booking without the Princess Plus this time (we have a lot of onboard credit, so no need to add the PP). I was able to switch us to a Mid Aft Mini Suite. If I wanted to add the PP it would still be less than my original Balcony booking with the PP.

With this new booking I had to pay the price in full, but I have until July to cancel it if need be.

I am beyond excited. It will be so nice to have the extra living space for our 16 day cruise. Plus, no airfare or Princess transers needed since we live 40 minutes from the Seattle Pier.

• Like 3