How early do Roll Calls usually get started?

KBS1607

13 minutes ago, KBS1607 said:

Thank you all. I’m hesitant to start one I’ve never had to before. 

It's not like other media sites where you would have to approve others joining.  You can start it and never come back if you so desire

1 hour ago, KBS1607 said:

My first Royal cruise since 2009 is this Thanksgiving. I don’t see a Roll Call yet. 

I have a B2B on Oasis for Thanksgiving, and neither of them has a roll call.  I've quit creating them too.  Very low participation typically.  You can try other social media sites.  They may have one, I mine are on the other site.

Do you think low participation is more due to the Meet & Mingles being suspended or because other social media is more active? We are currently booked for two cruises. Both have roll calls on CC that are not used much but both cruises have groups on the other social media (the one with faces). I personally don't like reading the social media site. Conversations are hard to follow (in my opinion) and there is no ship sponsored Meet & Mingle.

Edited by 2chiefs

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I think roll calls are more popular on other social media. 10 years ago cc was the end all be all, but its waned a bit. Also depends on cruise length. Less than 7 days often there is no roll call.  

I might finally need to join Facebook just for that , my wife told me there is lots of activity for our next cruise there.

1 hour ago, 2chiefs said:

Do you think low participation is more due to the Meet & Mingles being suspended or because other social media is more active?

Personally I think it's the latter.  I don't see huge participation on either, but what I see is large numbers on the other site and that means more participation.  I also think that CC is partially to blame, in the sense that participation is down everywhere and CC really hasn't done much to attract new users.  I don't have any great ideas myself on how to address the issue.  It may just be that peoples interests have changed.

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you felt OK starting this post then you should feel OK starting a roll call since that too is just a message board post.

Starting a roll call, and not having any participation in it, is not ideal.  Some of mine have had less than 10 posts.  That's pretty weak sauce.

• Like 1