50th and 10th anniversaries. How can we let Celebrity know?

Oskial

We are sailing on theRefection in April and are with our daughter and son-in-law (their first cruise).  We are both celebrating milestones in our marriages (us 50 years and them 10 in 2022). Due to covid and other health issues we had to wait until this year to book our cruise.  We want to celebrate the occasions some way and would like to know if Celebrity has a way to help us do that.  Any advice?  TIA

If you have made your reservations through a travel agent, just tell them and they will take care of telling Celebrity.  If you made the reservations yourself, just sign in to your account, go to "manage reservation" under your name (do not go to "manage trip", that takes you to the wrong place).  Under your reservation number, find "reservation details", in that window, find "add-ons".  You can add whatever you are celebrating and tell them what day you want to celebrate it.  Happy Anniversary!

• Like 2

You can tell your cabin attendant and that often results in something special.  You should also tell the MD of your dining room a day ahead and they will have a cake for you.

Adding it to the reservation as a Celebration rarely results in anyone even mentioning the occasion. 

16 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Login to your Celebrity Account, under management your reservation is a link (ADD-ONS) to add any special occasion, birthdays, anniversary, etc.

image.png.7515d4d2ce0dd0432e1fff6b029fb8c0.png

image.png.abfcd14502e262fd83bfe8ceb2d7b482.png

Thank you for your tip. However I don't have the option to add, or edit the add-ons for our upcoming honeymoon cruise #2. Is it because we booked the trip through a TA?

When we had our honeymoon #1 cruise, we made sure the TA, pre-cruise retreat concierge, our butler and stateroom attendant know that this is our honeymoon, and we decorated our cabin door with honeymoon themed magnets. Nothing special happened except the rose petals on bed on the last night. We can't say that we were a bit disappointed because the extra things such as cake, wine, or flowers technically were not included in our tickets. We overall had a great cruise but wish X could recognize our special celebration a bit more. 

2 minutes ago, Moochi said:

Thank you for your tip. However I don't have the option to add, or edit the add-ons for our upcoming honeymoon cruise #2. Is it because we booked the trip through a TA?

yes your booking is locked because you book with a TA. Call them and ask to add the special occasions 

10 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

yes your booking is locked because you book with a TA. Call them and ask to add the special occasions 

Just called retreat concierge to let them know for the upcoming cruise. There will be a cake for us!

Sorry OP didn't mean to side track your topic. You can add special celebrations as in Post#5, or call X to let them know! 

3 hours ago, Moochi said:

We overall had a great cruise but wish X could recognize our special celebration a bit more.

Keep in mind that it's a cruise.  At least half the ship is there for a special celebration (honeymoon, big birthday, anniversary, family reunion, etc.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’d suggest handing it yourself so as to not be disappointed.  Book a specialty restaurant or a photo shoot or a special private excursion or just splurge on a bottle of champagne.  (Bring one with you and save some money!)  The stories I’ve heard about people notifying the cruiseline ahead of time…or even onboard have often had less than expected results.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’d suggest handing it yourself so as to not be disappointed.  Book a specialty restaurant or a photo shoot or a special private excursion or just splurge on a bottle of champagne.  (Bring one with you and save some money!)  The stories I’ve heard about people notifying the cruiseline ahead of time…or even onboard have often had less than expected results.

100% this...

As mentioned above, many people on board are there because it is a special celebration of something and that will tend to limit what the cruise-line may do to 'recognize' your celebration, although high status and suite never hurts, but aside from that take control of your own destiny on this one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with others.   Let the Maitr 'd know and you will probably get a Cake and waiters singing. 

To make the anniversaries special I would recommend Specialty Dining - especially in Murano.    Let them know also in advance  and you will get a cake.

• Like 1

My advice - like others on this thread - is not to count on Celebrity to do anything. They forget, wires get crossed, gets sent to wrong room or table. One of you might get something and the other party nothing. My advice is to make it happen yourself. Bring a few balloons and ask the room attendant to blow them up, or do it yourself.  Bring battery operated candles.  I think you can bring flowers on board. Go to the buffet and make a plate of cheese, crackers etc. and open a bottle of champagne on your balcony, or anywhere outside at 5 pm when most people are indoors, you will have the place to yourselves.   You might get something from Celebrity,  but I've read too many reports of disappointed cruisers. Congratulations to you all. 

Thanks for everyone's sage advice.  We do have reservations for Murano and know how special that is, so just going  there may be celebration enough.  Maybe splurge on a bottle of champagne or a nice bottle of wine.  Thanks to all for the congratulations.  And happy anniversary, birthday, honeymoon or whatever you are celebrating on your cruise.  Hope it's the best one ever.  

• Like 2

Agree with the comments above. Let them know and prepare to do your own celebration but be happy if you get more. On one cruise in a Sky Suite we got balloons and a heart shaped towel animal on our bed. In the dining room we got a cake. On our latest cruise we told our butler and got nothing. There is so much inconsistency.  Congratulations on your anniversaries and enjoy your cruise!

Celebrity brought us large cake , flowers and a bottle of wine entire concierge staff sang happy birthday, for my wife’s 60 th but we were in penthouse. Definitely like the idea of celebrating in specialty restaurants, love view in Tuscan grill. 

Guest Services, on one of our Silhouette criuses, had a book with a whole variety of things that could be ordered (for a fee) to enhance our celebration. I remember seeing things like flowers, champagnes, cakes, room decorations, etc. I don't remember the full list.

Be sure to drop by Murano a few days ahead and leave a note with the MD.  Yes, you will get a cake maybe even two like my wife did on our Alaska cruise when they thought it was her birthday......but were a week early.  Mostly just go and enjoy it, that is what really matters.