Arvia's naming ceremony

Port out

Just now, Interestedcruisefan said:

And as we've shown the choices out there in terms of celebrity ladies aren't exactly huge lets be honest?

True.

I still think that in this day and age, a Godfather would be a nice change. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

It’s not scraping the barrel. She’s just fitting with the target audience.

I'm sure she is a lovely lady, but which target audience fits in with a 40 plus singer, who has done little of note for ten years, and just seems to do nothing but appear in the DM in a bikini. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I don’t earn as much as Captain Paul!

The skydome entertainment under development is particularly exciting but again really is aimed at a specific audience.

Ps I think I should be added to payroll after my live Arvia review has been so positive!!

Lol

It's genuine though

Great ship, great job by P and O

Credit when it's due from me!!

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 3

Re Nicole Scherzinger:  I saw her in Cats a few years ago at The London Palladium. I was prepared to be totally underwhelmed but oh boy she can sing! She has an incredible voice. She's also lovely looking with a body to die for - cow! Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Scherzinger will also create “spectacular music and dance extravaganzas” for the line as part of an exclusive entertainment partnership.

Arvia, a sister vessel to P&O’s Iona, will be christened on 16 March in Barbados with the beachside ceremony broadcast live on YouTube at 7pm.

P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: “As a global superstar Nicole is well placed to create contemporary and breath-taking late-night shows which will be performed in SkyDome on our two newest ships Iona and Arvia.

“Through her many appearances on some of the UK’s best loved shows Nicole has won the hearts of the British public. She really is the epitome of zest for life and as a critically-acclaimed talent she joins a line-up of world-famous godmothers and partners for P&O Cruises. Her involvement reflects everything which P&O Cruises stands for – a modern, forward-thinking holiday company which has always excelled in the levels of cutting-edge entertainment we provide.”

Ludlow said the lines was “always striving to set new standards” for the shows onboard it fleet and the new partnership with Scherzinger “takes that to another level”.

Scherzinger added: “This is an extraordinary and special opportunity for me to create a visual and musical feast for people to immerse themselves in, with the sea as their backdrop, giving them something to truly remember. I want to create an experience to remember for the audiences of Iona and Arvia and I am delighted to become part of the P&O Cruises family.

“I have always felt as though I am honorary Brit and to be asked to name Arvia in Barbados really is the icing on the cake and I cannot wait to perform my godmother duties in the most beautiful of Caribbean locations.”

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

Last night we watched another brilliant show in Headliners theatre  called "Festival"

Plus 45 minutes  of Ukebox the Club House which I've already said are superb

Without doubt the shows in the skydome currently are the poor relation

If this relationship above creates high quality shows in the skydome as well to match elsewhere on Arvia then you won't find better entertainment options on a cruise ship anywhere in  the world IMO

And I'm normally critical of cruise ship entertainment 

Last night Festival show was jam packed with energy, quality singing and top quality dancing. It wasn't throw away dance moves to accompany a song it was high energy choreography

Hopefully Nicoles influence can help create similar for the skydome

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Scherzinger will also create “spectacular music and dance extravaganzas” for the line as part of an exclusive entertainment partnership.

Arvia, a sister vessel to P&O’s Iona, will be christened on 16 March in Barbados with the beachside ceremony broadcast live on YouTube at 7pm.

P&O Cruises president Paul Ludlow said: “As a global superstar Nicole is well placed to create contemporary and breath-taking late-night shows which will be performed in SkyDome on our two newest ships Iona and Arvia.

“Through her many appearances on some of the UK’s best loved shows Nicole has won the hearts of the British public. She really is the epitome of zest for life and as a critically-acclaimed talent she joins a line-up of world-famous godmothers and partners for P&O Cruises. Her involvement reflects everything which P&O Cruises stands for – a modern, forward-thinking holiday company which has always excelled in the levels of cutting-edge entertainment we provide.”

Ludlow said the lines was “always striving to set new standards” for the shows onboard it fleet and the new partnership with Scherzinger “takes that to another level”.

Scherzinger added: “This is an extraordinary and special opportunity for me to create a visual and musical feast for people to immerse themselves in, with the sea as their backdrop, giving them something to truly remember. I want to create an experience to remember for the audiences of Iona and Arvia and I am delighted to become part of the P&O Cruises family.

“I have always felt as though I am honorary Brit and to be asked to name Arvia in Barbados really is the icing on the cake and I cannot wait to perform my godmother duties in the most beautiful of Caribbean locations.”

I hope the PR agency got paid a lot of money for those "quotes". 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I don’t earn as much as Captain Paul!

The skydome entertainment under development is particularly exciting but again really is aimed at a specific audience.

Seems more a commercial decision a la Gary Barlow...

• Like 1

Very mixed reaction on the book of faces, with quite a few asking why a British woman was chosen.

When Princess Cruises wanted to up the ante on their entertainment, they engaged Stephen Schwartz, the famous Broadway composer who created the musical Wicked...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Ps I think I should be added to payroll after my live Arvia review has been so positive!!

Lol

It's genuine though

Great ship, great job by P and O

Credit when it's due from me!!

From your glowing reports, thought you were already on the P&O payroll! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I've met them both at hospitality events we've managed at

Great both singers

And Alesha Dixon is genuinely one of the nicest celebrities you could ever wish to meet. She would do a great job for P and O.

So personable with everyone she meets!

An even better singer is Heather Small who used to front M People and puts on a brilliant show as a solo singer now

For a Caribbean connection....Milly Small

2 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

My money was on the West Indian guy from Birmingham, the one that carves matchsticks.....

Or Sir Trevor McDoughnut.

Or Lenny Henry as Sir Trevor Mcdoughnut...

Don't think any cruise line has yet chosen a godfather for a ship...

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Very mixed reaction on the book of faces, with quite a few asking why a British woman was chosen.

When Princess Cruises wanted to up the ante on their entertainment, they engaged Stephen Schwartz, the famous Broadway composer who created the musical Wicked...

Obviously "was" should have been "wasn't"....