Arvia's naming ceremony

Port out

23 hours ago, Britboys said:

I've seen it reported that filming of Nicole actually took place on Iona...

At least it's not the ever so wooden Alex Scott who I thought it was in the teaser promos. Nicole is at least a glamorous lady for a glamorous new ship maybe she'll bring muller yogurt with her lol 😆 😅 😂 

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

I assume shes replacing Rob Brydon in their promotional campaign

Brydon hasn't been used for five years or so . Please keep up !

Their current marketing campaign is non personality led, and is much more inclusive. 

And, imho, much better, as the aspirational Brydon campaign was promising something that could not be matched in reality.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Whatever happened to the ship being named as it slid into the water.  Waiting until it's done 2-3 voyages is just plain silly.

Big ships don't slide into the water when they finish building them anymore.

• Haha 2

On 3/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, molecrochip said:

I don’t earn as much as Captain Paul!

It’s not scraping the barrel. She’s just fitting with the target audience.

The skydome entertainment under development is particularly exciting but again really is aimed at a specific audience.

If there is to be any serious artist singing in Arvia's dome, then I do hope it's acoustics are better than Iona.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Whatever happened to the ship being named as it slid into the water.  Waiting until it's done 2-3 voyages is just plain silly.

It seems that most of the mainstream lines now just use the naming ceremony as a big publicity event Jean... Of course, they don't slide down a slipway any more either - just get towed out of a big shed. Not quite the same sense of occasion even if it is more practical.

• Like 2

Looked up the Pussycat Dolls yesterday to find out who else was a member and then realised I had met and spoke to one of them a few years back whilst being part of the group of people being feed by Celebrity Masterchefs. Apparently Kimberley Wyatt was a Pussycat Doll, I knew from the brief we were given that she was an American singer but that was all we new. I had some of the fish dish she cooked, of all the contestants she seem quite shy at the time, she went on to win the title. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Britboys said:

It seems that most of the mainstream lines now just use the naming ceremony as a big publicity event Jean... Of course, they don't slide down a slipway any more either - just get towed out of a big shed. Not quite the same sense of occasion even if it is more practical.

Yes I know, but it still seems ridiculous!  Do they have another naming ceremony when they change the name of the ship?🤣

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@NicoleScherzy her Twitter feed

Nicole has just under 5 million followers on twitter

In comparison

P and O Twitter has 89k followers

Cunard 83k

Carnival 315k

Royal Caribbean 360k

Darcy Bussell 170k followers

Alesha Dixon 890k followers

Rihanna 100M plus followers!!!

(Wow!)

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Haha 1

Guess they are having to do naming ceremony in the Caribbean to attract a US Artist, can’t imagine her being excited about doing a naming ceremony off the beach at Bognor Regis. 😂

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Haha 1