Arvia's naming ceremony

Port out

Some of the things people are saying on other sites. Glad "I did not book, hope she is not on my cruise". Get a grip. Another guy correctly pointed out P&O is part of American Carnival Corporation. No one really knows how it becomes a decision. 

45 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Some of the things people are saying on other sites. Glad "I did not book, hope she is not on my cruise". Get a grip. Another guy correctly pointed out P&O is part of American Carnival Corporation. No one really knows how it becomes a decision. 

All these decisions are taken on a commercial basis. P&O will be hoping her contribution is going to be a commercial success.

48 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Lets play spot the deliberate mistake..... if anyone has watched the videos published by P&O of the new godmother on Arvia, let me know what is not quite right!

I've seen it reported that filming of Nicole actually took place on Iona...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Who? Never heard of her. 

She used to be a pop singer in the now defunct Pussycat Dolls and she is the erstwhile squeeze of Lewis Hamilton. More recently she's been a panelist/judge on tv talent shows...

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Britboys said:

She used to be a pop singer in the now defunct Pussycat Dolls and she is the erstwhile squeeze of Lewis Hamilton. More recently she's been a panelist/judge on tv talent shows...

Vaguely remember the group name, but don’t recall any of their songs or anything on Nicole, other than her relationship with Lewis Hamilton. I suspect this was forced on P&O by their US based owners. For a ship registered in the U.K., you would have thought they could have chosen a U.K. Female Artist.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Arvia, a sister vessel to P&O’s Iona, will be christened on 16 March in Barbados with the beachside ceremony broadcast live on YouTube at 7pm.

Is that 7pm Barbados time or U.K. time? 

33 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Vaguely remember the group name, but don’t recall any of their songs or anything on Nicole, other than her relationship with Lewis Hamilton. I suspect this was forced on P&O by their US based owners. For a ship registered in the U.K., you would have thought they could have chosen a U.K. Female Artist.

I very much doubt that. NS is probably less known in the US than here.

And what motive would there be anyway ? It's not as if P&O are trying to break into the US market.

After Lewis Hamilton, she moved on with former Scottish rugby player Thom Evans, with whom she went around the world posing for photos in some beautiful locations (he's rather easy on the eye himself).   Apparently, they've now split too.

Given the target passenger audience direction P&O now apparently seem to be taking, it's not an illogical booking.   Targeted at a similar market, my lovely Virtuosa was one of a few that Sophia Loren has been the godmother of for MSC.  She looked very frail at the (very glitzy) christening, although I ashamedly thought she hadn't been with us for some time.

• Like 1

Pussy Cat Dolls of which she was was a member are the biggest girl band in the world of all time

There's no question she's a big name in world terms and even more so in USA than UK

And worldwide

So assuming P and O want to attract a larger US or worldwide customer base it's a good move for sure

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

"You wish you had a girlfriend who's hot like me".

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

What utter rubbish.  The ship is already sailing and should be named already.  It's pathetic.

Should have been done in Southampton with a bottle of champers being cracked across hull and some dignitary saying “I name this ship Arvia” a hell of a lot cheaper. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Never heard of it. Then again with my rock music background unlikely I would ever have come across them. 

"loosen up my buttons baby".

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I was a headbanger when young but I  like all genres.I used to see Deep Purple and the likes of back in the day.

Me too Brian - and my ears are still ringing! Jane xx

• Haha 1