whats up with the luggage tags?

spunks

For about the last 3 weeks when ever we want to print our luggage tags they now only show up very short and squatty. We use plastic holders and they work very well, but now the tags only show about 3 inches long. Our neighbor has the same issue. Anyone else have this problem? How does one correct it?

Thanks

Doug

• Like 1

I’m so glad you asked this question!  I am in my first Princess cruise in April and thought that is just the way the luggage tags are. I also use the plastic holder and even checked to see if I could buy new ones that would fit better but only found the size I already have. Now I’ll try switching browsers and reprint. I could gold them enough to make them fit but would prefer the larger ones for easier reading. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, spunks said:

For about the last 3 weeks when ever we want to print our luggage tags they now only show up very short and squatty. We use plastic holders and they work very well, but now the tags only show about 3 inches long. Our neighbor has the same issue. Anyone else have this problem? How does one correct it?

Thanks

Doug

Can I ask what kind of plastic holders you use? I've never thought to do that.

Yay!  Switching from Chrome to Firefox DID fix the printing problem. 

I bought cruise tags from Amazon. Lots of options but something like this. Definitely get the ones with the metal rings and reinforced holes. Learned the hard way that the ones with just plastic holes tear too easily. https://www.amazon.com/Princess-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Holders/dp/B07XPDM4B1/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=2NRTL7A6V7U0L&keywords=princess+cruise+luggage+tag+holder+2023&qid=1677356092&sprefix=princess+crui%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-3

• Like 1

I've used the plastic tags with the plastic holes without any problem for almost 10 years.  I also type up an itinerary with contact info to put in each piece of our checked luggage. I insert in one of the tags and then loop the through one of the internal zipper pulls. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I printed my luggage tags from Opera for 2 cruises in early and late December.  The first printing worked fine.  When I printed later, the tags were short as described by the original poster.

To fix mine I just changed the scale to 200% in the printer properties.

I also have the Amazon luggage tag holders.  They are well worth the minimal cost.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 3:17 PM, lennythenose said:

I bought cruise tags from Amazon. Lots of options but something like this. Definitely get the ones with the metal rings and reinforced holes. Learned the hard way that the ones with just plastic holes tear too easily. https://www.amazon.com/Princess-Cruise-Ship-Luggage-Holders/dp/B07XPDM4B1/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=2NRTL7A6V7U0L&keywords=princess+cruise+luggage+tag+holder+2023&qid=1677356092&sprefix=princess+crui%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-3

Thank you!

Cutting and pasting from an earlier discussion. 

I just printed out tags for our next cruise, and I tried all of the methods on this thread to see what would work best and to report back.  Using Edge instead of Chrome got me the proper size tags and it didn't matter if I printed directly from the screen showing the tags or if I printed them after selecting the "Print Luggage Tag" command, or if I saved them as a PDF first and then printed them.  All gave me the long tags with no customization needed.  However, if you print directly from the screen instead of using the "Print Luggage Tag" command, your printout will have a header and footer that you may not want.  The header is a date and time stamp and says "Luggage Tag: Princess Cruises" in small type and the footer is the URL Coder of the web page.   

Using Chrome, the tags started out as the short ones irrespective of whether I printed straight from the screen or if I printed after using the "Print Luggage Tag" command, or if I saved them as PDFs.  But this can be fixed.  Use the "Print Luggage Tag" button.  When the Print dialogue box opens, look to see if the Print Preview of your tag is filling up the page, or is much shorter than that.  If it is the latter, then in the dialogue box find the dropdown for "More Settings".  Open that up and go to "Scale".  It is probably set to "Default".  Change it to "Custom" and then enter a number that will cause your tag to fill up the length of the page, or nearly so.  For me, using the number "145" does the trick.  Not sure if this will be the number for everyone, but play around with it until your tag gets to be the size that you want. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1

My problem is, at default settings, the tags print on 2 pages. 85% gets everything on one page, but they are short and fat.

I printed them correctly once.  Haven’t been able to duplicate that success.  I tried from iPad, iPhone and MacBook.

56 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

My problem is, at default settings, the tags print on 2 pages. 85% gets everything on one page, but they are short and fat.

I printed them correctly once.  Haven’t been able to duplicate that success.  I tried from iPad, iPhone and MacBook.

Sorry if you already mentioned this, but what browser(s) are you using?  I've had no problems with Firefox.

On 2/25/2023 at 2:17 PM, lennythenose said:

I have been using the holders with the plastic loop for years without any issues.  But a recent cruise spelled the end for one of them and I could tell the others weren't far behind (the loops) - so I bought some like the ones shown here and used them the last 2 cruises and love them.  Much easier to deal with connecting the metal rings than the plastic loops.

On 2/28/2023 at 4:17 AM, JimmyVWine said:

Cutting and pasting from an earlier discussion. 

I just printed out tags for our next cruise, and I tried all of the methods on this thread to see what would work best and to report back.  Using Edge instead of Chrome got me the proper size tags and it didn't matter if I printed directly from the screen showing the tags or if I printed them after selecting the "Print Luggage Tag" command, or if I saved them as a PDF first and then printed them.  All gave me the long tags with no customization needed.  However, if you print directly from the screen instead of using the "Print Luggage Tag" command, your printout will have a header and footer that you may not want.  The header is a date and time stamp and says "Luggage Tag: Princess Cruises" in small type and the footer is the URL Coder of the web page.   

Using Chrome, the tags started out as the short ones irrespective of whether I printed straight from the screen or if I printed after using the "Print Luggage Tag" command, or if I saved them as PDFs.  But this can be fixed.  Use the "Print Luggage Tag" button.  When the Print dialogue box opens, look to see if the Print Preview of your tag is filling up the page, or is much shorter than that.  If it is the latter, then in the dialogue box find the dropdown for "More Settings".  Open that up and go to "Scale".  It is probably set to "Default".  Change it to "Custom" and then enter a number that will cause your tag to fill up the length of the page, or nearly so.  For me, using the number "145" does the trick.  Not sure if this will be the number for everyone, but play around with it until your tag gets to be the size that you want. 

Thanks for that.  It's the only thing that worked for me.

• Thanks 1