Can people in a "Free at Sea" cabin get drinks for a "Sailaway" cabin?

loveandcruises

They're not supposed to, but yeah, they can't possibly enforce the rule, ship-wide, when someone hands a drink to someone else. 

That said, at dinner, they'll ask for cards for drinks (or know beforehand who has them and who doesn't) and also if ordering, say, at the theater or from a poolside attendant, they'll similarly ask for cards.

34 minutes ago, loveandcruises said:

If I book 2 cabins -- a "Free at Sea" one for my adult daughters who like their cocktails, and a "Sailaway" cabin for me and my husband, who drink occasionally, can my daughters get drinks and give them to us?

Just like shoplifting, you might be able to get away with it a few times. Until you don't, and then the consequences can be severe.

You can use your card to get any drink you want at the bar, and charge it to your room. Since you only drink occasionally, the amount you spend won't be too much. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think you may have opened a can of worms with this question.  The answer is NO.   Why do you think it is alright when the rest of us pay for it?    Sharing is not allowed and is the real reason everyone 21 and over has to purchase the drinks package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, loveandcruises said:

If I book 2 cabins -- a "Free at Sea" one for my adult daughters who like their cocktails, and a "Sailaway" cabin for me and my husband, who drink occasionally, can my daughters get drinks and give them to us?

Should I observe such, I will certainly report it.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I don't believe that the OP suggested that it was alright.  I think she was just asking a question.

And I was only answering.  I was not trying to call her a thief.  When you answer, well it is not allowed. but how will they catch you, that is a bad answer.  Sometimes a simple NO is best.

3 hours ago, loveandcruises said:

So,,, you are asking if it is "o.k." to defraud the cruise line? The answer is "no". 

• Like 1

OK, OK! I got the answer! I have not been on Norwegian for 20 years (before Freestyle) and was simply asking an innocent question about policy, thinking it would be better to ask those who know instead of muddling through the NCL website. I was not trying to break the law, defraud the cruise line or ruffle anyone's feathers.

• Haha 1