No exchanges anymore for mini bar to coffee?

teacherplus

Just saw something someone onboard post on Facebook that they were told they could no longer exchange mini bar set up for coffees.  The poster said it just started today .I’m very disappointed. Anyone else hear this. Anyone onboard that can confirm. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, teacherplus said:

Just saw something someone onboard post on Facebook that they were told they could no longer exchange mini bar set up for coffees.  The poster said it just started today .I’m very disappointed. Anyone else hear this. Anyone onboard that can confirm. 

Definitely must be recent. On the Sky just last week we were easily able to swap out our minibar setup for coke and sprite

3 minutes ago, kitty2264 said:

Hope that is just a rumor.  I have never understood why one cannot make a preference for alcoholic vs non-alcoholic minibar before your cruise, just like you make a bed configuration request.

We've made the bed request online many times and pretty much always arrive to find the change wasn't made. How is your experience with this?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, teacherplus said:

There are so many threads going on now on the Princess forum here on CC.

Just go to the Princess forums and you will see what the ships are doing. The beverage changes were effective Feb 20th.  As new sailings were Saturday, Sunday and today there are a lot of posts.

1 hour ago, ehogan said:

Just checked with Princess Live Chat and the Elite minibar swap out to coffee is still available.  A very important perk for us.

Keep is mind that shoreside customer service often is not aware of recent changes on board ship. Several reports of coffee card program being  terminated and swaps nolonger being available. Only 1 ship reported as still doing swaps on a cruise started in the past few days.

1 hour ago, ehogan said:

Just checked with Princess Live Chat and the Elite minibar swap out to coffee is still available.  A very important perk for us.

Read through the Princess forum threads here on CC.  There are a lot of threads about coffee and beverage packages.

Seems only the Discovery is still selling the New Grounds Coffee package on this weeks sailing and therefore switching out the minibar for it.

Others, Sky, Regal are not.  Still waiting on other ship’s responses from guests.

Very important to us also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

Hope that is just a rumor.  I have never understood why one cannot make a preference for alcoholic vs non-alcoholic minibar before your cruise, just like you make a bed configuration request.

That would just be one more way for princess to disappoint you.

You make a selection, and they ignore it.

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

What are you referring to?  Did they switch your mini bar for a coffee package?  TIA

Yes they did for this week and next week….only issues so far is we have soda package and keep getting charged for Soda ,crew a little confused about the soda card .

Just now, DUCHESSRN said:

Yes they did for this week and next week….only issues so far is we have soda package and keep getting charged for Soda ,crew a little confused about the soda card .

There are so many changes going on for the ships…I’m not surprised.

The only ship that I’ve heard that is continuing to sell the coffee card and switch from mini bar to the coffee card is Discovery.  So far, Regal and Sky said it’s discontinued the coffee card.  We will know about the Enchanted later today, as it sails another cruise today.

IDK about your soda card, I’ve seen threads about the soda package on the CC threads also.

If you’re OB, check with GS.  I’ve heard they are having computer issues. Probably because of all the changes. 

So crazy!

32 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

There are so many changes going on for the ships…I’m not surprised.

The only ship that I’ve heard that is continuing to sell the coffee card and switch from mini bar to the coffee card is Discovery.  So far, Regal and Sky said it’s discontinued the coffee card.  We will know about the Enchanted later today, as it sails another cruise today.

IDK about your soda card, I’ve seen threads about the soda package on the CC threads also.

If you’re OB, check with GS.  I’ve heard they are having computer issues. Probably because of all the changes. 

So crazy!

At GS now whale watching as we come into Cabo ….yes they are complaining about their computers . 

• Like 2

Came here to say this.   Just boarded the Discovery Princess, called to switch out the mini bar for soft drinks, and were told they no longer do this.   As recently as one month ago,  we were able to do this onboard the Royal Princess.  Not happy.

Edited by Mary Ellen1

@Mary Ellen1That makes absolutely no sense. It would be in Princess' favor to switch out liquor for soda/water.  Labor intensive?  

Princess is making too many policy changes too fast.  And, as always, not consistent across the fleet.  Get it TOGETHER Princess!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mary Ellen1 said:

Came here to say this.   Just boarded the Discovery Princess, called to switch out the mini bar for soft drinks, and were told they no longer do this.   As recently as one month ago,  we were able to do this onboard the Royal Princess.  Not happy.

We just boarded Discovery Princess today and tried to swap out the 8 little bottles of liquor for beer and were told no also.  We could change them for something called “mixed soft drinks” but not specifically Diet Coke which is all I’d be tempted by.   
I don’t remember seeing Princess ever state in writing the minibar could be swapped but we’ve been doing it for years now and wish we’d known before boarding.  I guess we must be in the minority by not purchasing the plus package but we don’t drink enough to make it a good value.  
We’re going to have a fun cruise and look for other vacation choices for future travel.

• Like 1

I'd like to call room service and ask but it sometimes take me 30 minutes to get through. 😞

We did switch out setup for wine the other day. 

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, SeaYouThere said:

I don’t remember seeing Princess ever state in writing the minibar could be swapped but we’ve been doing it for years now and wish we’d known before boarding.  

It's definitely in writing on the Princess site.  I know all things are subject to change at Princess' whim, but here is the policy in writing:

image.thumb.png.5d03f831f5c609fe34361fdb00ddb88a.png

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Mary Ellen1 said:

Did you ask your cabin steward?  I thought they were doing the switch now?

This is really disappointing.  No Coffee packages, now no soda switch?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pompeii said:

It's definitely in writing on the Princess site.  I know all things are subject to change at Princess' whim, but here is the policy in writing:

image.thumb.png.5d03f831f5c609fe34361fdb00ddb88a.png

I wonder if the RS person is new?  I thought cabin stewards were doing it now?

Discovery has even been selling the New Grounds coffee package the last 2 cruises.  

Can’t figure what is going on.

🙄

We just got off Discovery and our room steward told us to call the room service line to make the change.  The woman I spoke to on the phone asked us what we would like.  She customized it to our tastes.  We did all non-alcoholic beverages.  I also don’t understand what they are trying to achieve.  If it’s to antagonize their most loyal customers then they are doing a very good job.

Edited by californiagirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

We just got off Discovery and our room steward told us to call the room service line to make the change.  The woman I spoke to on the phone asked us what we would like.  She customized it to our tastes.  We did all non-alcoholic beverages.  I also don’t understand what they are trying to achieve.  If it’s to antagonize their most loyal customers then they are doing a very good job.

Sounds like they may have gotten a new employee. I would have been very upset, so I understand.  I’m still fuming over the coffee packages.

• Like 2

Just did this swap on the Sky. Quick call to room service was all it took. Funny, we were on so early (10:30) that room service was still working their way up the hall. They hadn’t even stocked the bar yet so we saved them a little time by getting the coffee packages. 😎

• Like 1