Birthday while onboard.

Scorpio41

It has happened to both of us at a number of hotels in the past & in 2018 on Britannia an route to Southampton from the Caribbean,on my Birthday we woke to find the cabin door decorated & a card under the door,we sail on Arcadia on May 14th,my Wife's Birthday,it will be interesting to see what happens!😮

• Like 2

Hubby had a birthday when we were onboard one year and he had a card in the cabin signed by Captain Camby. I hadn’t told anyone but like others the steward probably noticed the birthday cards I’d put up. Mercifully he didn’t get happy birthday sang to him at dinner- he would have hated it!

• Like 1

A good few years back we were sailing on Black Watch and it was my mother's birthday while on board and although we hadn't said anything she was given a cake and the waiters sang happy birthday.

We were told that they knew as it shows up on the booking details (e.g. passport).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to organise a surprise celebration cake (from the gift brochure) for a cruise (parents sail on Friday). I've been able to do this in previous years relatively quickly, but this time I have had no luck in getting through to anyone at customer services on several occasions (over 3 hours spent trying). 

I also noticed that if you haven't booked direct, P&O are trying to direct you through your TA for booking "celebration packages" which is the first time I have heard of this. 

I've unfortunately now run out of time as it is now 3 days before sailing (which is the minimum you can book a gift from the brochure). I just wondered if anyone else has had any success lately in booking these extras before sailing and if there is an easier way? 

On 3/5/2023 at 10:18 PM, Josy1953 said:

I don't  know about P&O but I have had a birthday on Princess since  they restarted cruising and the waiters didn't sing but I was given a small cake at dinner on the evening of my birthday even though neither my husband or I told them that it was my birthday, they also displayed an announcement on the interactive screens by the lifts.

20220331_193704.thumb.jpg.9fb455387d76adc97cad8b1a2e8e579b.jpg

Class - that’s a nice touch.

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Lovely, that is special.

Afterwards, he went to the other end of the restaurant to play to another table; I couldn't make out what though; it wasn't 'Happy Birthday' or 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas'.  He got a resounding round of applause after each, and had a tear in his eye. He was a lovely lad, too.

• Like 4

It was my birthday while on Azamara ,I never let anyone know when it is as i don't want the fuss, came back to the cabin around lunchtime and the whole cabin was decorated with banners ,balloons, a card from the captain and senior officers, happy birthday signs and a lovely cake (just what you need on a cruise!!!).

My good lady had her birthday while on Aurora and got,         A card ( preprinted with the captains signature) , we don't expect anything but I would have preferred things the other way around as my birthday to me is just another day and I like to make it special for Mrs gsmt.

It also highlights the difference between different cruise lines

• Like 3

Whilst on Arvia last month we booked 2 weeks on Azura in the new 2025 releases to celebrate a 0 birthday for me.  Even if they bring back the singing etc. won't be doing it.  I'm sure The Ole Lady will make me wear a badge saying I am ?0 though...😲

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

It was my birthday while on Azamara ,I never let anyone know when it is as i don't want the fuss, came back to the cabin around lunchtime and the whole cabin was decorated with banners ,balloons, a card from the captain and senior officers, happy birthday signs and a lovely cake (just what you need on a cruise!!!).

My good lady had her birthday while on Aurora and got,         A card ( preprinted with the captains signature) , we don't expect anything but I would have preferred things the other way around as my birthday to me is just another day and I like to make it special for Mrs gsmt.

She was lucky to get a card from the Captain on P&O it was my birthday in March on Iona and I got zilch.

7 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Same for me