Taking naps during your RC cruise?

1 hour ago, Cruise5life said:

Maybe if there wasn’t so much drinking there wouldn’t be so many naps.   Lolol.  Just sayin.  Lol.  

I don't drink a lot when on land. Maybe a bottle of wine per year. When I'm on a ship...watch out! I had the best nap of my life after drinking five drinks. Best...nap...ever!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I see a lot of the same responses here.   Drink. Drink. Drink.   Nap.   Lolol

ive done my share of drinking.   Straight tequila for me.    

but these days.  It’s water only, day and night for me.    

but I did have a few tequilas(5) on my last cruise.    

6 hours ago, roupa said:

Love my naps!!!

…if lucky enough to have a balcony… open the slider!

…just be sure to close it before opening the room door or SLAMMMM!😲😲

Don't you know that if you leave your balcony door open it affects your AC plus the AC in the cabins around you? That's why the little plaque near the door says to always keep it closed.

7 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Do you take naps on a cruise? I'm not talking about a 10 minute cat-nap in your lounger at the pool - I'm talking a full minimum 1hr snooze fest , lights out nap. Could be on your lounger on your balcony, or in bed.  

No right or wrong answer, just looking for experiences and opinions.  

We will usually have at least one ~2hr nap during a 7 day cruise. Personally, I LOVE the feeling of waking up out of a deep-sleep nap realizing I am still onboard, and I am feeling super refreshed.  

I recognize others will say things like "I'll sleep when I am dead" or that they cannot use their drink package when they sleep... each to their own. 

The last time I napped I was in a baby carriage

• Haha 3

The best gift I can give my wife on the first day on board is a two to three hour siesta. We arrive early, check the muster station itinerary, and find a comfortable place to start her cruise relaxation.

May the napping begin. I check in on her and transport the carry-ons and checked bags into our cabin as she recharges.

The best feeling is to wake her up as the ship leaves the dock with everything in place in our cabin.

Let the vacation begin! 😁

• Like 5

Haha with all the discussion of naps being needed due to drinks - I am the psycho person who gets up early to workout - like before sunrise early often. Meanwhile my husband sleeps in and likes going for his workout mid-day - so I nap while he works out. They say opposites attract, and we are definitely that schedule wise lol. Nap happens either in the cabin or in the solarium depending on my tolerance for the heat and humidity of the day, well and noise levels. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Don't you know that if you leave your balcony door open it affects your AC plus the AC in the cabins around you? That's why the little plaque near the door says to always keep it closed.

People just don’t get this concept.     It’s a huge issue on cruise ships.    

1 hour ago, moposh said:

Yes, I have napped on my cruises. 

Does lying down in bed watching TV count?  I know it's not napping, but it is resting.  

I do this a lot.    Usually with my eyes closed. And just listening to what’s on the tube.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise5life said:

People just don’t get this concept.     It’s a huge issue on cruise ships.    

Like so many items on vacations, our minds seem to disconnect.

How many people go barefoot in a city where they live?

When they go on vacation in a city near a beach or shore, they walk barefoot on boardwalks with nails and splinter possibilities.

We all tend to disconnect. I am not trying to defend it, but it happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

I do this a lot.    Usually with my eyes closed. And just listening to what’s on the tube.   

OMG, my father would be on the couch late at night watching the TV snoring. I would stealthily try to turn off the TV only to have him wake-up the minute I touched the channel or on-off.

Memories....🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I was on a transatlantic cruise last year (Oceania) where the guy next door decided that after lunch was the perfect time to practice his saxophone.  Uh, no.  After lunch is nap time.  I had to complain to Guest Services and they told him to shut up.  

Yeah in Oct my Neighbor decided sit on his Balcony and watch Soccer on TV. This as we went threw Panama Canal. By time we entered the 3rd lock Security had in off and back in his Cabin

Edited by ONECRUISER